main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lazy Storm Trooper 13. What changes, if any, would you make to the post-ROTJ EU?

14. What do you like and dislike about The Clone Wars?

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Sorry for the wait. Got too busy playing Battlefield over the last few days.

13) Personally I like the way it looks. the different era are compartmentalized so the its is easy to pick up and read but for the most its all pretty connected. Of course most people around here seem to have a disliking towards the "Denningverse", I only see it as a apart of the ebb and flow of the franchise. You are going to have a few stories of a lower quality here and there but I think we still should forward to the future even if we don't like the present.

14) I don't know if you are talking about the show or the era so I will give you my likes and dislikes about both.

For the show I do like its take on the universe. Of course as was brought on a as TCW generation fan so I guess I am a little biased but I do like the first two seasons best. I also like the mini trades that were made along side of the show.

For the era I like how much content there is but don't like how much of it is focused on Anakin. Personally I like stories to deal with the clones.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lazy Storm Trooper 15. What was your reaction to Disney's purchase of SW, and what are your hopes/predictions for the sequels?

16. If you could live on any planet in the GFFA, what would that be?

4. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    15) My reaction was sheer joy until I thought about the EU but still I was super happy. Over the past year since the announcement I kinda just stopped caring (until recently) about and kinda withdrew from Star Wars all together because of that.

I actually have a very nice little piece I wrote for my prediction:
    http://starwarsrise.com/2013/11/18/my-crazy-theory-about-the-sequels-and-the-eu/
    Other than that I have not really thought much on the subject.

My hope are that it is just a good continuation whether it follows the EU or not. But I really hope it follows the EU (a fan can hope [face_dunno]).

16) Dantooine for the reason that if does not see much battle in its history so I would be pretty safe.

5. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Lazy Storm Trooper Dude, How is Dantooine safe? Throughout Star WArs history the planet got at least 2 devastating massaceres and a third was only averted because Tarkin wasn't a gullible moron. Not only did Darth Malak blast most of the settlements to Smithereens during KOTOR, but Leia is willing to sacrifice the planet to the Death Star with no hesitation and just 25 years later, the Vong come in, totally sack the planet and almost make the entire native species the Dantari extinct when they sacrificed a buttload of the planets population during the Yuzhaan Vong war.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Didn't Daala also bomb it?

7. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    How do you go about getting interviewed? I would love to be interviewed about my love for the EU and Star Wars in general.

8. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    dark_jedi666 I've added you to the list.

Lazy Storm Trooper 17. Which presidents do you most admire and why?

18. What would you do if you won the lottery?

9. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Okay, so I know this is a little late, but I've just been reading through the old interviews that occurred during my absence, and the fact that Trip is actually a girl is totally blowing my mind. All of my imaginings of a vaguely bored guy called Trip with big hair in a Stormtrooper helmet being lazy and sarcastic are now blown to pieces. I don't know if I'll ever recover.

Mostly, it's confusing 'cause I've known several guys called Trip, and one of them had really big hair. Life is weird, you know?

Also, I'm happy to be interviewed at some point if the peoples want it. I'm not real good at brevity, though.

Trip likes this.
  10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Simple fix: just start imagining a vaguely bored girl called Trip with big hair in a Stormtrooper helmet being lazy and sarcastic.

11. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    You're blowing my mind again.

12. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    pretty accurate tbh

13. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I had a similar problem, presumably because I was confusing her with 000, who often went by the nickname Trip. Took me a while to figure out my error.

In other news, it's been over five years since 000 last posted here. How time flies.

14. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    They're one and the same, from what I can remember from #eu convos.

15. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, you are in error alright, jSarek, because I heard the same thing RC-1991 did.

16. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This is my memory as well. If not the new Trip has the exact same posting style, likes and dislikes of the previous incarnation :p

Zeta1127 likes this.
  17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually, her answer to the first question from her interview in this very thread, linked in the first post of this thread, is where she established they're one and the same.

18. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm not trying to insinuate bias on the part of the interviewers in this thread (I mean this sincerely - especially since the regular folks who hang out in Lit are thoughtful, respectful, and most likely read Coop's diversity thread as well), but I'd like to point out that only 2 of the 14 interviewees have been female. I'm sure that this probably reflects the gender balance on Lit, but that's just an unsubstantiated hunch. Anyway, it would be great to have more women interviewed. Or at least I think so. :)

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Trip and 000 are the same person.

20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    ^^ Yup, she said as much in her interview.

And krtmd, there have been three women- s65horsey, trip, and skywalker8921. But point taken. Like you said, it's probably indicative of proportions. Even in LACWAC only about 6-8 of the 35 interviewees have been female. It's just a reality about online life that there's more men than women. It's becoming more even over time, but even SW itself has historically had more male fans than female, though again, it's much more balanced now than 30 years ago.

But either way, as dark_jedi666 and Gamiel exhibited above and below, anyone is welcome to sign up. So if you think your gender is underrepresented, krtmd, I cordially invite you to participate. [face_peace]

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would like to sign up also.:)

22. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I stand corrected. Three women. And ITA, it's a reflection of participation on this board, rather than a bias of you, Todd, or the previous interviewer, Point Given. I hope that came across in my OP. And if it didn't, then I apologize and hope you take this in the spirit it was intended - sincerely. [face_peace]

And while I think I'm pretty boring, I'd be happy to participate.

23. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    @};-

Ulicus likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'd recommend being interviewed, it's fun.

25. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Well, that explains why I thought Trip and 000 were the same, then!

That doesn't explain why I was convinced, 100% certain, would have bet substantial sums of money and valuables, that 000 was a male.

Though, thinking about it, this isn't the first time I've made this sort of mistake, (hi sabarte!), so it seems I have a track record of making sexist assumptions and then deciding they're the absolute truth.

I hate discovering uncomfortable facts about myself. It's uncomfortable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.