main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Lobo Football

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jedijason330, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterOrgana

JediMasterOrgana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2005
    Which explains why you were sitting next to me and looking at the sports magazines in between typing.

Also, about getting magazines that have different views than yours,that doesn't make sense since you told me you wanted to get a different magazine since you didn't like the way it presented the Lobos and proceeded to stop at a store and buy another magazine.

2. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I looked at the magazine while typing to get the teams schedules from last year. Read my posts. Yes, I did buy the western version of a magazine because it portrayed the Lobos in a better light. It is nice though, because it has stuff on all the teams in the WAC and the MWC, which my national version did not have. So there, JediMasterOrgana.

3. JediMasterOrgana

Jul 12, 2005
    Your making my point for me!

4. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    It's nice to see that some Aggie fans are right.

It's also nice to see that the Lobo-Aggie rivalry is alive and well on the Mos Alba boards.

5. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Well, the Aggies are now in the WAC. No more Sun Belt. Woo Hoo! I have to agree that the Sun Belt wasn't one of the strongest conferences, but when you get to a conference that actually is better, it causes teams to get better due to the better competition.

GO AGGIES!

6. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    jason and fellow aggie fans...unfortunately i will not be able to attend this years rivalry, sept 17, i will be out in the woods playing grizzly adams chasing elk around the black range.

GO AGGIES!!!

7. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Neither will I. Since La Cueva is having a game that day, we are resigned to going to that game instead. (Damn the band)

8. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    The WAC is a conference? Wow didn't know that thing was still alive after all the good teams bolted from it. Don't get me wrong .. I love NMSU ... heck I even hire some of their grads to cut my grass and take out my trash on the weekends.

GO LOBOS!

9. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
  10. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    [face_laugh]

That is hilarious.

In response to the WAC being better, how long will it take the MWC to realize it will benifit by adding 3 teams so they can have a championship game at the end of the season. If they realize this, look for them to try to take Boisie State, Fresno State, and someone like Hawaii. This would again leave the Aggies in a bad conference. Sorry Aggie fans, but I really hope this happens because it might get the MWC a BCS bowl bid.

11. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    the mwc will get an bcs autobid once they do away w/the horrid bcs system...look for a true playoff in the future of collegiate football...a future the lobos will have no future or no chance of participating in...sorry lobo fans but lobos are upper echelon of the lower echelon teams...settle for the meaningless toilet bowls!

12. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I agree. regardless of what conference you are in, the BCS is a bunch of BS. Under the current system, there are those years where you have two champs. How can you have two champs?

13. JediMasterOrgana

Jul 12, 2005
    It's not just the BCS, it is all the bowl games. First, there are too many bowl. Second, winners of the bowl games have to share the money they won with the rest of their conference, in my opinion the whole things is B.S.

14. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I don't keep up with the lobos scores or who's in what division. But I do know one thing, Lobos are better than the aggies, After all they're based in a real town. Hey roman my grass mowing aggie was way to unqualified, do you think yours may be able to come over and cut mine?

15. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Part of me is in favor of a playoff because I think it would produce a true national champion. But I do like the bowl system also, and the BCS was started to cut down on the split national championships. If we look at the champions since the BCS was implemented, I believe that their has been only one or two split titles. The reason I like the bowl system as it is, is that you get to see teams play that you have probably never heard of, but they are good teams nonetheless. If you had a big playoff, you would cut down on a lot of these teams.

Lord_Melkor, as to you saying a playoff would not have the Lobos in their future, what does this say about the Aggies? UNM's footall program is far superior to the Aggies program in every way, as many of us on these boards that are Lobo fans have pointed out time and time again. The playoff system, if you used 32 teams, would take each conference champ, and then the next 22 best rated teams. That would definitely leave the Aggies out, because they have shown that they cannot win in the worst conference in America. How then, can they win in a better conference? The Lobos, meanwhile, are playing in the MWC, which is still better than the WAC is. Instead of not competing like the Aggies, the Lobos have been in title contention for the last three seasons, and will probably win it this season. This would put the Lobos into this playoff, which is not quite keeping them out.

After all of this, I realize that a playoff is needed. My thing is that I think it should be between the top 4-8 teams in the country. This could be the BCS. Their would be no split title, and we could keep all of these minor bowl games that nobody but the schools playing in them care about.

Also, on my take about the MWC taking teams from the WAC, the third team I would like them to take would be the Aggies. Nothing would be better than Lobo-Aggie games that really count for something.

GO LOBOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    jason, i love you man...you never forget to mention my shortcomings...j/k...a 32 team playoff would be too many teams and too long...16 max...you need to quit reading the daily lobo my friend, it will taint your young mind and you still have a chance...i was once too caught up on the lobo bandwagon when i was young...at age 8 i turned the darkside and saw a larger picture...the albuquerque media is horrible on over-hyping the lobos program whether it be football or basketball...the media likens the lobos to teams in top rate conferences (pac10, big10, big12, sec, acc, etc) then complain when the teams and players can not contend w/the big boys...unm had a good coach in bliss but ran him off and will shortly make mckay put his tail between his legs so he too can run off (after taking a buyout of course)...i am not one to shy away from saying the aggies suck royally at football, always have always will, however i do not bite at glamourous picture the press makes when they should be good, i know better than that (thanks to abq media)...anyways, good talking to you and i wanted to let you know just call my name and i will be there for you my young friend YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE!

17. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    I think both of us agree on the Daily Lobo, I rarely pick up that paper. It's too liberal for my conservative tastes. I really don't expect the Lobos to compete with the big boys in the power conferences, but I would like to see them win some conference titles every now and then. You're right about a 32 team playoff being too long, but I think a 16 team one would be a bit long also. I thought 8 would work good, since their are 8 teams in BCS bowl games every year anyway, why not take the top 8 in the BCS rankings and have a playoff that way. The four first round games could be played at the higher seeds home stadiums, more money would be made this way with sure sell-outs. For the remaining two rounds, they could move to neutral "bowl" sites. Then the rest of us who have teams in weaker conferences can still have our bowl games, and an occasional shot at this playoff. That's enough rambling on about non Lobo stuff. Like I said, hopefully the Aggies will do better, since it will be nicer to have two good teams on the field instead of just one.

GO LOBOS!!!

18. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    I stopped reading the lobo because of the sport coverage, there used to be more news stuff before and now its more sports stuff. If its not liberal, its not worth my time. so down with conforming and the right wingers! viva la revolucion!

But most importantly: GO LOBOS!!!

19. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    I'll just pretend I didn't hear the political remarks there. Though I think we might have had fun during the presidential election last fall. I'll just save it for another thread. What's important right now is that the aggies suck really bad.

GO LOBOS!!!!!

20. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    On that we can agree!

Bush also sucks though...sorry just couldn't resist.
    Go Lobos!

21. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Well, to that I can say that this country is very very lucky that John Kerry or some other Democrat is not president right now. If they were, we would be bargaining with terrorists as if they were equals, instead of cowards who would very much like to kill us. So most of the Democratic party sucks as well. I couldn't resist.

GO LOBOS!!!

22. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    But at least we would be bargaining with the right country. I think any Democrat or Republican would be better than what we have now. Even though republicans are pretty much bible misinterpreting, homophobic, money hungry, enviroment hating, war monging, racist law passing, hipocrate radio show host's, minority phobic, normal people. However, I think I would have seetled for one that could complete a sentence.

but I agree with one thing, GO LOBOS!!!!

23. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    wow, politics and football...yall went off the deep end while i was working...what the hell is up with that...start a politics thread and i will gladly throw my .02 on that thread as well...what you two need to know is that there are good and bad on both sides, far right and far left should be shot as they only want what they believe in and not for the betterment of our country...liberals are a cancer and far right bible thumpers are like heart disease...both are bad in their own ways...jason, we finally agree on something, i lean more to the conservative side, dave, no revolution here baby...plus, how are the libs gonna start in a revolution when they are totally anti 2nd amendment...kind of hard to do w/o some firepower...anyways, wont happen and now back to football!

jason, i did not know you were reading sports mags when you were typing all this football stuff...i am dissapointed my young friend.

GO AGGIES!!!

24. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Dude I don't need a gun to kick ass! I don't need to compensate for anything.

And I agree, both sides have bad, but I just value human life ,enviroment ,woman's rights, Gay rights, and minority rights, way to much to ever be a republican.

Enough politics and back to some football. Aggies suck, Lobos Rock, Cruces bites, Burque rules in NM.

25. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Hey Melkor, a janitor position just opened up where JediMexx and I work, with that NMSU Diploma you may just qualify.

GO LOBOS BABY!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.