main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Yeah I did! I was running around like a blue-***** fly for both days trying to sort it all out. I came by the stall but you were all getting changed and stuff (taking off clothing/helmets/looking very hot) so I figured I 'd go back a bit later then never got round to it (rubbish I know). I also left pretty early on the Sunday as it was too hot(anyone else figure that the air con wasn't so good on the Sunday?)

Anyway, I had an ace time, will post pics tonight/tomorrow night when get chance. The Serenity talks and meeting Nathan and Alan were the highlights for me - Nathan was awesome, so funny and cool. I also spent a ridiculous amount of cash on the Serenity prop sword as used by the Operative from the propstore. I've been looking at it for ages and finally took the plunge. Then I decided to go back and get it signed so that was more queueing. My feet hurt!

Did you all go out for a meal in the end? I ended up staying at my mates flat and went for a meal with them instead as I don't see them that much. Hope you didn't miss me!

J

2. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005

Was a good event.

Only really went to meet Carrie and link up with Charlie(DarkShredi) & Fiona (lovely Girl) and Matt (Lord Tice) FFUK ec.

Always a pleasure to see Matt & Koren (send me your email address and I'll send you the pics I took)- Great outfit Matt.

Nice to meet Tim Bolton.

Thanks to Tim for The Captain Jack coin.

Many thanks to Charlie for the authentic Tunisian (Stwar Wars) sand and piece of Moisture evaporator, you couldn't buy that at th show :)

Thought the talks were ok, but needed more speakers and better amps etc, a few video and projection screens wouldn't go amiss either.

Managed not to spend much (thanks to Charlie & Fiona)but there was a lot of tempting merchandise

Carrie was very friendly and chatted (briefly!) and posed for pictures willingly and put her arm around us, pressed her face next to ours and even managed a kiss! Great picture of Carrie with Charlie)

Was dissappointed that there was no mad nutter Autograph Hunter from Scarborough, but then as Charlie and Matt both pointed out, it was a pay event.

Good to see th cast of lost and Elijah Wood, plus the guys from Serenity.

More later

Did anyone see Jeff Wayne? he was listed but I didn't see him there?!

Has anyone got any pictures that they wish to share ?

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Jenny :eek:
    You should have interrupted us, we wouldn't have minded at all :p
    But glad you made it and had a good time. Sounds like you spent a lot of money ;)
    We did go to Wagamama's but again, no probs about missing it :)

We have a photo thread up, which can be found here LF&CC Photos
    Steve, I'll put some of yours on there too when you send them to me. Glad you had a good time too.

And thank you Jule & Michi [:D]
    You came a long way and I'm glad London made a good impression on you (except for the over crowded, hot & stuffy Tube trains) ;)

4. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    As Jule already said, it was great meeting you all and having such nice days! :) I enjoyed it! Thanks to you all, especially Matt and his parents! :) [:D]

Hope to see you all soon again! :)

5. EmpressJade

EmpressJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2005
    Invalid msg. My Apoligies.[face_blush]

6. EmpressJade

EmpressJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2005
    :) Big news! Me and my pal had been to the London Film and Comic con just yesterday the 2nd of July,@ Earl's Court Two and it was A W S O M E!!!-Despite the sweltering heat,though it was quite coool once we were inside.:cool:

There were loads of sci-fi and fantasy memorabillia, and
    very stunning signed Photos from Stars from film and T.V.
    and there was sooo much to look around at juging it was my first con so far,we were usually moving round from place to place,
    We did managed to get some stunning photos along the way,

Plus, during the talk shows I managed to pop a question to
    Stargate Atlantis's Rachel Luttrell and Elijah Wood- no jokes!, they were both very nice people. Sadly though we were going to see if we were to meet Carrie Fisher but we couldn't seem to find her at the signing tables:confused:
    The good thing is,
    I'll defenatley be looking forward to next year's event at
    Earl's Court. :)
    Sunday was absolutely great,it was okay getting there in the morning-but the afternoon was murder,getting back in those hot, overcrowded, stuffy trains.

7. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Well I had a GREAT time albeit a sweaty time too [face_blush] and I wouldn't change any part of it whatsoever. It was really good to meet new faces, from this country and abroad and I can't wait to meet some more faces, old and new. Remember Wicket, next trivial pursuit mmet we have, you're coming and staying with us. See you all soon. xxx 8-}

8. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    By the way, ^ was me... yet again. lol

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    No probs Michi, it's nice to make the parents feel needed ;)

Glad you enjoyed your first convention EmpressJade, not a bad way to start that's for sure :D
    Shame you missed Carrie....she must have been on a break but hopefully you'll have another chance in the future.

The next one is down for September 2007, but that's because something special maybe happening in July 2007 ;)
    Let's hope they put us out of our misery soon and tell us!!

Please, no more mentions of the sweat. I had nightmares about that :p

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Oh my! What can I say?
    Well ...

Best FF-UK meet so far that I have attended! The standard keeps getting raised. I absolutely loved every moment. It was the great company, the atmosphere between all the groups present was brilliant - FF-UK: London (and supporting chapters), Rebel Legion (UK, France, Germany, Belgium?), and UK Garrison (UK, Germany and others). We all mingled at points, and that was so important. People do get on, we share the same fandom.

But more importantly the FF-UK people present did an excellent job, all of the costumed members were absolute stars!!!! Koren, Matt (DK), Matt (L-T), Jase and everyone else =D= They endured heat to walk around and mingle with the crowds, and that was so much fun. Round of applause goes to FF-UK: London CR Lord-Tice, aka Matt =D= You did a great job, your costume was great, and you deserve a medal dude (but you may have to get in line behind Chewie, he's still waiting on his :p ).

Great to see Richie again :cool: Nice to meet you Twinky :) Nige, Jamie - pleasure to see you both! Thanks for everyone who came down from other chapters - Hunky especially, I am on the look out for more clones for you dude. Everyone from abroad who I met, Michi and Jule (let me know about the Legacy comics), and our new pal from the French 510st Garrison, Fred :cool: :) Sorry if I miss anyone out, this ewok needs some sleep (Koren - did you change your avatar or is my mind playing tricks on me lol? :p ).

A huge thank you to Showmasters and Dark Horse Comics, the first for the table which made all the difference to this event, and the latter for the brilliant comic packs we could give away to visitors. Both your support is appreciated :cool: :D

And yeah, I'll do my best to get down to a trivial pursuit so you can beat me lol :p I'll get the details of all the York, Manchester and Leeds trips tomorrow ;) Will be great to see you and anyone else from the FF-UK: London there, feels like I have extended my family lol, I so appreciate the kindness everyone showed me and the other non FF-UK:L members! And wagamamma's rocks, you have a convert. Ta for Matt and Kass on Sunday night, was cool having dinner with you, made for a pleasant end to the whole event.

And now for the boo hiss from wicket :p
    Boo to Laj for not finding us!!! Must be the Mandalorian armour blocking your sight. Boo to anyone else who didn't find us. But especially BIG BOOO HISSS to one member of the North, 'cos she obviously had better things to do with her time whilst the real stars of the show were at the table where I was at. [face_not_talking] to Jenny :p

11. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i guess here's a good a place as any to mention our traditional annual london get- together.
    matt,i know you've attended at least once in the past...
    the rest of you,details as follows-
    we have what we cleverly call our "park-meet",where we all meet up in a "park" in london,have a picnic,drink a fair amount of alcohol,play cricket-sort of,throw frisbees around and fly kites(actually,i do the kite flying,mostly... i like kites,i do!).
    in years gone by,we've all had an absolute hoot and i'd like to extend the invitation to you fanforce londoners.
    for pictorial evidence visit www.deltasourceonline.co.uk
    or pm voren aka paul wright,for more details.
    the date set is the 29th july,that's a saturday...
    not sure which park we'll be going to,but voren aka paul wright will be able to sort you out with details.
    come one,come all!

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    No need to thank me Tim. I automatically adopted my usual low-key salesman technique which wasn't really that good if you ask me, but something for me to improve upon. It's everyone else that should be thanked :D
    I'd also like to say a BIG thank you to Paul and Showmasters for the excellent work they did, and of cause Dark Horse comics for their very generous support.

It was a very international affair and I loved that aspect of it. So thanks to everyone who travelled far and wide to see us all!!

Jamie, thanks for the offer and we can start a thread for that park meet if you like. I remember the Greenwich one well and it was a very nice day.

I think my feet have just about recovered ;)

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    You should have seen me in the first few hours of Manchester G-Mex, I was quiet and shy, but then I was meeting most of the group for the first time, and then manning a table for the first time in ages. You did good, but we can always improve on stuff, me included.

On the way back on the train, I was thinking about what we need next time, just small things - straws for the bottles is one, so costumers don't risk getting water over themselves lol. I'll spend more time doing a write up later. If you get time, do a little write-up too, we'll give to Paul something to read.

If possible, anyone who got the comic pack, can you write a small thank you below and I'll copy/paste it onto the DHC forums, so they know their generosity was appreciated. Thanks!

14. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Was good to meet you also Tim and evening meal on Sunday was a pleasure

15. kartoffelnkopf

kartoffelnkopf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2006
    Great to meet a few of you guys on Sunday - a good day all round.

Highlight for me was being questioned by a couple of uk garrison stormtroopers about the motorbike helmet I was carrying - quality geek moment :D. Good to see Carrie Fisher briefly, too.

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to the boards kartoffelnkopf :cool: :D

17. kartoffelnkopf

Jul 5, 2006
    Thanks, Tim - good to have met you on Sunday :D

18. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Oh my gosh! what a brilliant username kartoffelnkopf :D
    I have no idea who you are (I've also been at LF&CC and have probably seen you there) but I totally adore your username! :D ;) :p

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Welcome kartoffelnkopf :D
    It was good to meet you on Sunday.

I feel that I missing something really obvious with your username kartoffelnkopf, but my brain isn't working today :p
    Please tell me Jule ;)

20. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    It's probably hard to understand why I'm so enthusiastic about the username because it's kind of an injoke between Michi and Manu (from Spain), who used to call Michi a kartoffelkopf.
    Kartoffelkopf is pretty much a German word and I'm not sure but I think the spanish often refer to germans as kartoffelkopf (kartoffel is potato btw :p) :p

But back to topic :p
    Welcome to the boards kartoffelnkopf :D

21. kartoffelnkopf

Jul 5, 2006
    Thanks, gaiatha :)

Sorry about the result against Italy :(

It was good to meet you too, Matt - great costume!

edit - I chose the username to go with the darth tater icon :p

22. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Carrie was the highlight for me, She was great, very friendly

23. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    LOL, look at that! [face_laugh]

[image=http://www.malastare.com/master_soda.jpg]

I just clicked "Mix it up!" for a few times and there he was, our beloved Master Soda! :D
    Even with bubbles! [face_laugh]

24. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Star Wars Lego games are great, especially the new one

25. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    I guess Michi was refering to the name of a sauce at wagamama's.
    But you never know, sometimes he's 8-}! :p

At LF&CC I couldn't understand all the fuss about the Firefly and Sirenity actors...
    Now I've started watching the series I'm sad that I didn't take the time to catch one of the panels :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.