main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film & Comic Con, July 9th & 10th

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by SithLordDarthRichie, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Soon it will be time to journey to Earls Court 2 for the annual London event.
    Celebrities, talks and a large amount of merchandise are availabe at this event.

Guest list this year includes - Karen Gillan, Brent Spiner, Sir Derek Jacobi & Christopher Lloyd

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

Entry is much cheaper after 11am.

Hope to get a decent turnout for this event.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Tem Morrison is going to be there? That might decide it for me.

I got his autograph at Collectormania but that was back in 2005.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I want to get his autograph, he's been dropping out of convention appearances pretty much since 2005 and it seems at last he will actually be attending this event.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, he's in the upcoming Green Lantern film (tho heavily disguised) so he does have something to promote.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Would be cool to see you if you could make it. Good turnout so far according to the FB page.

6. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I hope to come as well. The guest list looks very interesting to say the least.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note for those going - there will be Tube works over the weekend of Jul 9 & 10 that will affect getting to Earls Court. TfL will be doing work on the District Line which means closure between West Kensington and Ealing Broadway and Turnham Green and Richmond. The latter one would affect me as I'd normally go SW Trains to Richmond and then Tube. As my area isn't on a Tube Line it looks like I'd have to go into Waterloo and backtrack via the Picadilly Line. (Not totally a bad thing as it would give me an excuse to hit Forbidden Planet first..)

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    What are most people doing about tickets? Are they buying from the website ahead of time or will they be buying on the door?

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I usually buy at the door, it doesn't have hour-long queues like Expo. If I aim to get there by 11 then I should get in pretty fast.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    With the Tube maintenence 11am would probably be about the earliest I'd get there.

11. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I'm doing 11am and buying at the door just because I'm trying to make my trip a big cheaper. Plus I don't want to have to deal with posting anything to my mum after the fiasco I've had with getting a mobile phone.

12. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I'm aiming as well to arrive around 11am in order to get the cheaper entrance ticket.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. twinsuns1

twinsuns1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2011
    Hi guys I'm from central London, new to the site. I would love to meet some of you guys at comic con in July
    I'll try and make it there

Only thing is how are we gonna find each other when we get there?

Unless we organize where to meet

14. twinsuns1

twinsuns1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2011
    Also what day and time are you lot gonna be there 8th, 9th or tenth?

and where shall we all meet at the venue

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Welcome twinsuns1 :)

Feel free to add yourself to the facebook group, we usually co-ordinate stuff from there and you can see who else in the FanForce will be attending.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=319023707835&ref=ts

I hope to be attending on the 9th myself.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Can you post the meet-up information here for those not on FB?

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well so far besides ourselves we also have timbolton, AmberStarbright, RebelJediknight_88 & jamierichards attending the event. Meet times have not yet been agreed upon, but I think most of us have the means of contacting each other so I will relay what information is mentioned.

It was also suggested some of us might wish to try and event at the British Museum which is on the night before LFCC - http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/future_exhibitions/treasures_of_heaven.aspx

But it might not be something that interests everyone

18. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'd go to meet Karen Gillan. But I'd probably get carried out on a stretcher after I fainted.[face_blush] [face_laugh]

Anyone know how fast these tickets sell out?

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Tickets for the photo shoots with celebs go quite quickly, I'd be suprised if Karen Gillan & Christopher Lloyd DeLorean photo tickets are still available now. Usually you should pre-book for photo sessions with the big names.

Actual tickets for the venue have never sold out as far as I can tell, I've been going for years and I've never failed to get in.

20. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking at the website autographs with Gillan and Lloyd aren't on sale yet though, so still could meet them. And checking ticket availability photos with big guests are still available. :D

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think I'll pass on the museum event. If I lived in central London it might be a different story. I'll know closer to the date if I'm coming to LFCC as a lot depends on train & tube availability. I already know about the District Line closure. So far Southwest Trains looks OK.

22. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Richie,

I won't actually have a phone until I get to the UK so I will need some sort of way to find out what is happening. My flight from Canada is June 30th, after that point I don't know when I'll have internet access either.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I will post up on the other event page to see if we can get a definate meeting point & time set up, I will then post it here.

24. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I was aiming to be around for the evening at least to see Tim. Now that Christophé Lambért has just been announced, then it's mighty tempting to attend the show itself. I just can't remember what I've written on the rota for this weekend but I can tinker with that if need be. Either way, you shall see me at some point.

25. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Okay, I can make Sunday. Anyone planning on going on Sunday??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.