main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for interested people for a FF community in Northern NY

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by DarthKurgan, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKurgan

DarthKurgan Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Hi,

If you are interested in starting a FF in the Northern NY area north of Albany, around the Essex/Clinton/Franklin area bordering the Adirondacks, please respond here.

Thanx

2. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001

How about Northwestern CT? ;)

3. DarthKurgan

Mar 22, 2005
    I guess we can include NW CT as long as all potential members are ok. First meeting is at your house

4. Jedi_lynx

Jedi_lynx Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Pick me pick me!!

5. Jabba_The_Puck

Jabba_The_Puck Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    Greetings Darth Kurgan....or should I call you master?

Count me in!

Billy aka Jabba_The_Puck

6. DarthKurgan

Mar 22, 2005
    I guess we need to choose a locality. How about Champlain Valley NY? That will cover any potential members in our surrounding area that may want to join. Or do we favor the Adirondacks NY locality, same area diffferent name.

7. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    As a member of the Albany Scoudrels it will be nice to have someone north of us.

If you ever need a name for your group give me a holler.

Oh and you need three meetings to be official.

But as Strawbary. She is the RSA for the region.

You know you could call yourselves the Adirondack fanforce.

8. DarthKurgan

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks Beezel, I guess my next move is to contact strawberry. Good to know you guys are down there. <saluting>
    BTW, I like your name, Albany Scoundrels!

9. DarthKurgan

Mar 22, 2005
    ok, got a response from strawbary, she says you have to private message her with interest in a Northern NY chapter. Then she will make a forum for us. Then we have to start out planning our first meeting.

10. shadowjedinjs

shadowjedinjs Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    guys I found my way here finally

11. shadowjedinjs

May 1, 2005
    I found my way here

12. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    oh if you need ideas for names Call your selves the Adirondack Fanforce.

You could be the Adirondack Arc troopers.

13. shadowjedinjs

May 1, 2005
    that could be a possible name. but we need to keep an interest in the area first and formost. I'm trying yo get my bro. in as well.

14. DarthKurgan

Mar 22, 2005
    As I have previously let some of you know, strawbary says she didn't get any of your private emails, so I'm sending her this thread in pm...
    Are we on as Adirondack Bounty Hunters, we haven't heard from everybody on this name...

votes please...

15. DarthKurgan

Mar 22, 2005

the times have changed at plattsburgh, we no longer have a showing at 10:30pm. email me or post here, i'm trying to sort thru this disaster.

16. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    The Adirondack Bounty hunters!

Not bad Kurgan, I hope it sticks.

Just goes to show you great things always come out of NY.

17. DarthKurgan

Mar 22, 2005
    I hope the FF is not dead in the water. Strawbary has not informed me of any updates to a possible addition to the community. beezel26, maybe we can attempt to join your FF in Albany and work from there. It'll be a log trek for meetings, but I'd be willing to go to see a FF in action....

18. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just so we're clear on this......exactly what area are you guys mainly in?

19. Jedi_lynx

Jedi_lynx Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    we are in Northern NY, around the Adirandak mountains. the Main town here is Plattsburgh. thanks.

20. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
  21. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    okies, so you want the forum named Plattsburgh?

22. DarthKurgan

Mar 22, 2005
    We wanted the locality in Adirondacks or Champlain Valley to let people know we cover three counties: Franklin, Essex, and Clinton counties.

23. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Ok, to clarify - the FF staff is concerned that this proposed chapter would be 'infringing' on several other existing chapters in that area.

Kurgan and others will need to convince myself, strawbary and Meri that another club in that area is needed, and what city it will be based in. I'm not comfortable with it being an entire 'region' given the number of chapters in that immediate area. I would be especially helpful if all the proposed members would post here and confirm their interest and where they are currently located.

But until that happens, another northern NY forum will not be created.

~H~

24. shadowjedinjs

May 1, 2005
    you know what's funny about this. We had asked for the Northern, Ny area since before the movie hit theaters. However, it took a long time for us to get a reply on the issue I can say that I was interested but since you're excluding an area even after you've gained your required amount of interest, You've still taken your time replying to our request and therefore you should more then likily change your requirements on opening a new fourm group instead of posting false hope to the fans of the star wars universe.

25. DarthKurgan

Mar 22, 2005
    All we were looking for was a chapter to join. If there exists one chapter in our isolated part of NY (Champlain Valley, the Adirondacks) please forward their information. The Albany chapter is nearly 3 hours away, Montreal is 2 hours. I was unable to find any FF in Essex or Clinton Counties. As I am 1 hour's ride from anything civilized, the Albany Scoundrels is not a viable option to join due to time and travel. Although we are not an actual FF group we have had meetings, been in consistent communication, sent out group emails, started a yahoo group, and organized and executed planned events. We are an existing organization just shy of validation and we will continue to exist beyond your shortsightedness.

I am currenntly located in Elizabethtown, NY
    Most of the other members operate out of Plattsburgh NY.
    The Adirondack park area includes everything in between. If we cannot have a small regional name, then Plattsburgh is our choice for a location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.