main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for some constructive criticism on my custom lightsaber.hilt.

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Brigmz, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brigmz

Brigmz Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2009
    Hi, I posted a long while back with some images of a custom lightsaber I built. Well I finally got around to refining the design a little and was looking for some constructive criticism/advice. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer.

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs760.snc4/66051_10150089512215993_599205992_7458144_2982407_n.jpg]

This is the original that I created a couple years ago.

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs818.snc4/69827_10150089512245993_599205992_7458145_4348364_n.jpg]

Here is the new, refined design that I finished tonight.

Again, I would appreciate any tips or critiques. Thanks everyone!

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Takes a bit to spot the differences. Overall, I'd say a big improvement, in subtle ways. The pommel looks much better, and the black switch replacing the silver knob is also a good choice.

What else did I miss?

3. Jaren_Valnor

Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    I agree with the above poster. I like the design, but the activation switch seems to jut out a bit too much for my liking...but that's personal preference. If you like it, that's what matters. Overall it looks awesome! I like the blue in the handgrip...really sets it off.

4. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Nice work.

5. Brigmz

Brigmz Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2009
    Thanks for the compliments/advice. I know they are just some minor improvements, but I didn't want to change my design to much on my first attempt at building one as it has been several years.

I think I might build a double bladed or curved saber hilt next. They will probably include the blue grip, it's kind of my signature I think. I haven't seen any with that colored grip before and I really like it.

6. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Double-bladed is way overdone.
    Go with the curved/bent handle. Curved could be really interesting.

How about designing a saber for a non-human hand? Very few to none of the props are designed that way.
    Of course, that means designing the non-human hand (and presumablly the costume that goes with it).

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.