main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Lord of the Rings Opening Day in theatres

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by synchroniz3r, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    And someone will make that a reality . . . .
    ;)

How about Arwen or Eowyn starting to slash away all the Orcs using lightsabres? :D Deep Scarlet Blade someone! :D

2. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Or Frodo ( Anakin ) using a lightsaber !!! About Jedi King, All Jedi's are Even. NO KING NO QUEEN NO JEDI GOD.

3. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    of coz -_-' but we're talking Knights of Middle Earth(as opposed to Knights of the Old Rep)

4. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    *LoL* hehehehe.

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, since our plans for donning LOTR costumes last Dec 19th fell through (and so did my gown :_| ), me and the rest recommanded having it instead this Dec ??th, in the evening on the day LOTR: Return Of The King premiere in Singapore. The plan is to do it AOTC Premiere style:
    -Midnight OR First Showing
    -Premiere Day (in the Evening)

So who'll be doing who? :D

PM me the character and which costume if you want to keep it a secret from the rest (Faiz, think you better, cause yours is a Spoiler Costume! ;) ).

I'll be doing Ringwraith No. 2 for the Midnight/First Showing of RoTK and Arwen or Merry or ?? for the Premiere Day.

And we could do with a Gimli or Boromir or Legolas or Elrond (Purple Robe anyone? :D ) or Celeborn or Bilbo or Balrog this Dec. :D

6. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    of coz i'll be keeping it a secret ^^

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Waaahhhhh!!!! :_| :_|

This piece of News Concerning the LOTR Exhibition had been released:

LORD OF THE RINGS EXHIBITION EXTENDED FOR EASTER!

. . . .After the season at Te Papa, the exhibition's only New Zealand venue, The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition will travel to the Science Museum, London and then to museums in Boston, Singapore and Sydney.

That means I now got to make a trip to London to see my sis somewhere the end of this year or early next (at my own expense probably!) to see it early, or wait for it to come to Singapore in 2004. :(

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    For those who are interested in joining the team this Dec, the following characters are still available. PM with me if willing to take up any of them. ;)

-Boromir
    -Merry (Fellowship or Rohan Warrior)
    -Pippin (Fellowship or Gondor Warrior)

-Bilbo

-Elrond
    -Celeborn (not too tall please!)
    -Haldir (FOTR or TTT) [face_love] [face_love]
    -Uruviel
    -Gil_Galad

-Saruman the White
    -Wormtongue
    -Gandalf the White

-Faramir
    -Eowyn (Shield Maiden Outfit or Rohan Warrior)
    -Theoden
    -Eomer
    -Denethor II

-Ringwraiths
    -Twilight Ringwraiths
    -Orcs
    -Uruk-Khais
    -Elves
    -Elven Soldiers/Archers
    -Gondor Rangers
    -Rangers (probably wear something like Aragorn wear, but less Elvish stuffs)
    -Haradrim
    -Easterlings
    -Hobbits
    -Ents

Anything else . . . :p :p

9. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hmmm... ENTS!!! :eek:

I guess you'd just have to tie a few branches to your body, and paint yourself all brown using body paint or something like that - haha! :p

...although it would be kinda strange having to go home with all that body paint still on, since you probably wouldn't be able to wash it off till you get home - LOL! :p

Just imagine the looks you'd be getting when you attempt to take a cab or night bus home - haha! :p

Then again, it might be really fun and amusing, and you'd be able to tell the story to your friends over and over again... LOL! :p

OK, I think I've gone a little bonkers... I'll stop now.

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heheheheee, it'll be a lot worse if it's the Twilight Ringwraiths, especially the Witchking. [face_laugh] Even Ghost will run away from you! :D

Sour Lemon anyone? ;)

11. Paradoxigirl

Paradoxigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Hi everyone! This isn't actually about LoTR opening day, but it IS about LoTR...

I was wondering--does anyone know where to get an Evenstar? I'm very keen to get my hands on one, especially as I heard that they'll be stopping production soon. I'm looking either to buy one here in Singapore or to find some place which will ship it here.

Can any of you help me? Thanks so much!

12. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    WAT? damn, i hope they dun stop them so fast, coz i'm hoping to get that for my gf's bday. actually i noe where its sold, but i cant remember if its sold already or not. even then, just for the sake of my gf, i cant tell out the place, sorry paradoxe

13. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Noble Collection ! Sure ship one on time one.

14. Paradoxigirl

May 5, 2002
    Hey Faiz, just thought I should give you a heads up--it's definitely more worth your while to order the Evenstar direct. Er, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say who to buy from and name prices and stuff, but if you want to know, just PM me or something, I'd be glad to share the information with you.

15. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    actually your right, it seems downright cheaper. even then the one i wanted to buy costed SG$288. thanks for the offer anyways, i'll remember the unselfish kindness (unlike me not wanting to share info ._.)

16. Paradoxigirl

May 5, 2002
    Hey everyone, again, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this explicitly, but here goes...

I'm thinking of doing some shopping with New Line Cinema. The shipping cost, though, is pretty steep, and I was thinking--does anyone else want to buy stuff from them? We could pool orders and split on the shipping, which would be much MUCH cheaper...

If you do, PM me and we'll work something out?

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I am very interested (had seen their shipping cost) but not sure when I can do it. Got to release my money first. :(

Will PM you about it. ;)

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Latest news about the LOTR Trilogy Exhibition

Posted at TORN
    "A Random Hobbit wrote in to the Museum of NZ, Te Papa, to ask when and where the LOTR props exhibition would travel to next. She got this reply from the museum staff:
    "The venue in London is the Science Museum in South Kensington. Approximately mid September until January 2004. This is definite. It's on its way !
    The proposed venues in Singapore, Boston and Sydney ( in that order) are the Singapore Science Centre, the Boston Museum of Science and the Sydney Powerhouse Museum. Except for London nothing has been signed off yet with the other museums. Arrangements are still tentative
    "

We may be getting it next year around June school holiday!!!! :D :D

Now if only The Arts Of SW Exhibition will drop by too by 2005. ;)

19. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    That would e great!!!

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I know this is quite late but here's the places where there're latest BIG pictures from ROTK, the same ones as posted at the official site

Movie Publicity
    (If you want to individually download the pictures)

TORN's Collection (in 2 sizes)
    (Just click again on the picture to get a full size, high resolution ones).

Oh, anyone interested in doing Merry & Pippin; Fellowship, Post-Lothlorien or Rohan/Gondor Soldiers for Dec, inclusive of the Cosplay Event? :D

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Some interesting infos from today's LIFE:

ROTK will be released in Singapore on Dec 18th
    -So we'll expect a Sneak Preview on the evening of Dec 17th. Hence the 9 Ringwraith must assemble and make their appearance during that time instead of Midnight (Minors are also invited ;) ).
    -Costume Parade is still on around 4pm on Dec 18th.

LOTR Trilogy Exhibition
    -Will be coming to Singapore in March 2004. :D

ROTK Game
    -Coming out in Nov 4th. Check out its sneak preview to see the unofficial teaser trailer of ROTK.

More can be read in LIFE! ;)

22. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Kool. My costume will be a surprise... all of you will freak out when you see me... I am not a female character.

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    *Started bambling out the dialog from TTT.* :p

24. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Yeah!! I think I know what Xeno is going to be!! He is going to dress up as GOLEM!!!! Now I can buy a dog leash so that I (frodo baggins) can drag him around.

25. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    No lah... I'm not Golem, btw, you got PM. No dogleashes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.