main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Lord of the Rings : The Burning of the West

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Littledawg, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    The Witch King stood over the dead body of the female knight of Rohan that had foolisnly stood before him. He also looked at the young halfling that his orcs were now beating with clubs and maces, he was dead. Minas Tirith was ablaze with fire, and Gandalf and his halfling were now locked in the Tower of Ecthelion soon to be breached by his trolls and orcs. Soon the young hobbits that were crawling through the Morgul vale would meet the orcs he had planted for them. And Sauron would have his precious ring and the west would fall. All that remained was this heir of Isildur and his Army of the Dead. the orcs were disposable, however the Mumak's they were tearing through were not, Sauron would not be pleased with their loss.

Frodo climbed behind Sam, upon the Stairs of Cirith Ungol when Gollum screamed as he was thrown from the stairs. Then Frodo and Sam were pulled up by Orcs and the Uruks of Mordor. " Ah we have Master's ring and meat for the stew pot boys." Shagrat of the tower guard said. The next thing Frodo and Sam felt was the pierce of orc blades across their throats.

As the Army of the Dead swept through the orc ranks the witch king was forced back to Minas Morgul, and though the White wizard had survived he would soon be back, but this time Sauron would be at the head of the Army and the west would burn.

Alright in this story, you can either play as a hero of your own creation, or as a hero who is still alive in the story, story characters, must post good CS's, and be very active players, for they have major parts in the story.
    Major characters that are still alive are: [b][i][u]Gandalf the White, Pippin, Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn[/u][/i][/b]
    Unfortunately I can only allow a small limit of evil players aside from myself. There are 8 Nazgul remaining as I am in control of the Witch King and Sauron

Races that can be played as for good are , Hobbits, Men, Dwarfs, and Elves.

CS:

[hr]

Name:
    Affiliation:
    Home Country:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Eyes:
    Hair:
    Clothing:
    Weapons/Equipment:
    Any Other Additional Features:
    Bio:

Nazgul follow the same CS as heros do.

The story is centered around defending the West after the mortal wounding of Minas Tirith, though it still stands it is no longer a safe place for anyone to dwell in let alone defend against the countless foes of mordor, possibly leading to the creation of a new fellowship, to destroy the ring.

Pm your character sheets and will get started soon.

[b][color=white][hl=burlywood]St. Edit: Thread locked at author's request.[/hl][/color][/b]

2. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    This looks enticing, expect a CS sometime tonight...

3. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    expect a cs from me too

4. BigWeezer22

BigWeezer22 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2009
    You may approve or dispprove, but I cannot PM this to you as I have just re-registered today. -BW22

Name: Mancairion (or the familiar: Mancair)
    Age: unknown (many ages of men, but youthful as far as elves go)
    Species: Elvish
    Affiliation: The West
    Home Country: Mirkwood Forest
    Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 195 lbs
    Eyes: emerald green
    Hair: golden blonde
    Clothing: Deep greens and browns, and various colors of the earth and forest
    Weapons/Equipment: Long curved sword/wooden bow
    Any Other Additional Features:
    Bio:

Mancair is a descendant of great elves and one of the many noble children of Thranduil of Mirkwood. He has spent many ages growing up in the dark forests of Mirkwood and remembers a time when it was pure. Long had he and his people ignored the plight of the West and the issue of Sauron as it was the fault and concern of the West only; along with the fact that their race was not much longer for Middle Earth. However, that was until the forest itself began to be attacked and evil seeped through it--all linked to Sauron and his influences.

When the plight grew worse the hearts of the elves, including Mancairion's, went out to the men of the West and to the lands that they had known for ages and loved. Though many had to remain to aid in the preservation of Mirkwood, Mancairion was sent out with a regiment of Mirkwood elves to aid in the battle of Minas Tirith. They have just arrived shortly after the withdrawal of the Wi

5. Littledawg

Aug 19, 2008
    Approved

6. Landros

Landros Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2009
    I apologize for intruding by I can't send PM as I don't have the necessary post count. I would also like to apologize for my spelling as I'm not a native english speaker. I hope my english is good enogh for your role play and please allow me to point out that I DO try my best to spell as well as I can.

Name: Darion or Dar
    Species: Man
    Affiliation: The West
    Home Country: Gondor, Minas Tirith
    Height: 1.82 m
    Weight: 91 kg
    Eyes: blue
    Hair: raven black
    Clothing: The typical gondorian infantry officer uniform. Being an experienced soldier of Gondor he never goes withouth his chain and plate armor.
    Weapons/Equipment: His chosen weapon is the bastard sword of numenorean tradition(I belive Anduril is a bastard sword lenght wise, not a greath sword; if I'm mistaken I apologize). He also has a gondorian tower shield wich he rarely uses, prefering to keep it on the back as aditional back protection.
    Bio: Dar is the son of a gondorian infantry captain. His father raised him since the youngest age to become a soldier of Gondor thus by the age of 14 he was already in training to become an infantry man.

Although being trained to fight in the standard fashion with a sword and shield his born talent in wielding the numenorean sword was quickly discovered by his trainers, thus quickly afterwards he was appointed to a special training group; he quickly stood up among his fellow soldiers as a greath fighter although a bit reckless.

By the age of 18 his training group was formed into a special corp of the guard, formed only of numenorean style fighters, their role would be that of shock infantry troops. By this age the discipline because of wich gondorian soldiers were known took over Dar's youthfull recklessness, transforming it into the rational mind of a leader.

This happened just in time for the retaking of Osgiliat by Boromir, battle in wich Dar's troop corp would play an important role. In this battle Dar distinguished himself as more than a competend leader as well as a fearsome warrior being forced to take up command after their captain was slain and managing to turn an encirclement of their position into an actual outflanking of the enemie's position.

After the victory this won him the respect and loyalty of his fellow soldiers, as well as the aknoledgment of the superiors thus by the age of 20 he became the new captain of his brigade. By this time he would fully walk his fathers steps, they were equals.

During the siege of Minas Tirith we would find himself on the ramparts next to his comrades awaiting the siege towers to lower the gates and spill their putrid continue of orcs against their eager swords.

He would then find himself on the streets of Minas Tirith, leading his comrades in a desperate, determined and sadly hopeless attack against Mordor's battle trolls, in an attempt to give the phalanx time to reform, and then, finaly, although severely wounded he would be among those that tried to hold the last inner gates shot until... Rohan came.

7. Littledawg

Aug 19, 2008
    APPROVED

8. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    cs approved!!!

Name: Ithilwen Weonathey
    Species: elf
    Affiliation: Rivendell
    Home Country: Rivendell
    Height: 5?6
    Weight: 95 lbs
    Eyes: soft deep blue
    Hair: black like a Raven?s wing, straight
    Clothing: see http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Elf/Arwen/Chase.htm
    Weapons/Equipment: elven hand-and-a-half sword, elven longbow, a 1 foot 5 inch elven knife, 2 elvish daggers. Belt contains lembras, athles, elf medicine, and a pressed white flower in her hair
    Any Other Additional Features: two scars on her back from deliberate cutting, scar on her lower left jaw
    Bio:

Ithilwen was born into a noble family in Rivendell. The only child of Tolandiel, a noblewomen and Arnel, the captain of the defenses of Rivendell. Her family were overjoyed when Tolandiel gave birth to a beautiful young elfling. But sadly, fate was working against them, for when Ithilwen was 98 years old, her entire family was traveling in the woods for a family outing when they were attacked by orcs.
    Her escourt was either killed or driven off and her father was killed. Her and her mother were captured and tortured for the orc?s dark amusement. Her mother lost the will to live and died. But Ithilwen was resued by the Captain of her family?s guard who took her in as his daughter. Although her adopted father wanted her to grow up into a standard elven noblewomen, he trained her with a sword to defend herself. But the torture she endured in captivity destroyed the inocence within her. Since then, she vowed to ensure that Sauron will pay for what he took from her. She vowed to ensure that Sauron and his servents will fall even if she has to kill them one by one.

9. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:Malora Nubetar
    Age:(Very long, not as old as Elrond, Galadriel, Cirion, and Celeborn, but he's old enough to remember the first age clearly as a whistle)
    Species:Elven
    Affiliation:The West
    Home Country:Lorien
    Height: 5'8
    Weight:132 lb.
    Eyes:Ice Blue
    Hair:Golden Blonde
    Clothing:Dark Green cloak, Forest Brown Tunic, Dark Brown boots, dark brown pants.
    Weapons/Equipment: Elven Longbow, Elven Longsword(Eiltar), Throwing Daggers
    Any Other Additional Features:N/A
    Bio: Malora comes from a long line of elves, protectors of the woods. He is known all across Lorien as Malora Cúthalion, taking the place and name from the late Beleg Cúthalion, compainion of Turin Turambar. Unmatched with a blade and bow,Malora is the gaurdian of the woods. Traveling from country to country, Malora has become a threat to many orcs. But he decides to stay to himself. During the War of the Ring, Malora kept watch of the borders of Lorien with the ever watchful Lorien Gaurd, keeping their borders safe. Now, only time can tell.

10. Littledawg

Aug 19, 2008
    DUE TO LACK OF INTREST I WILL BE CONTACTING A MODERATOR AND AM HAVING THE GAME SHUT DOWN. BY THE WAY THANK YOU ALL WHO DID EXPRESS INTREST AND I AM VERY SORRY IT NEVER REALLY GOT STARTED

11. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    aww man, I really did like this idea.

12. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    amen mate, i liked it too

13. Landros

Landros Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2009
    DAMN! WHY!!! o_O I was looking forward to kick some orcish arse...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.