main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lost and Found (A baby Obi story - JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Laura_Kenobi, Sep 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Lost and Found
    By - Jedi_Laura_Kenobi
    Disclaimer ? Unfortunately for me, I don?t own Star Wars. I do, however, own this story, and any unrecognizable characters (Kari Adrea and Obi-Wan?s mother).
    Archive - Please contact me first!
    Author?s note ? ?*?*? represents thoughts. I'm going to post this in pretty short parts so as not to be finished in one or two posts... I hope y'all will enjoy!
    Summary - A story of how Obi-Wan Kenobi came to live in the Jedi Temple.

~*~*~*~

Check out my Bio for links to my other fics...

~*~*~*~

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn strode down the streets of Malastare. He was in unusually high spirits today, for he was going to visit his good friend, Kari Adrea. He had met her on a mission years ago, and they had been good friends ever since. He hadn?t actually seen her in years, but they often wrote to each other.

As he walked, he took in his surroundings. Malastare was a divided planet - wealthy and clean in parts, and terrible and poor in others. Kari lived in a very rotten part of town. He sighed. He often asked her why she did not move, and the answer was always the same, ?This is my home, Qui-Gon.?

As he arrived at her door, he reached out to knock. Before his hand made contact with the door, however, it flew open. Kari Adrea stood in the doorway. She blinked a few times at him, and then her face lit up with a smile of recognition.

?Qui-Gon! I?m so glad to see you! How are you doing? Come in, please?? she continued to ramble on and on as he ducked under the doorframe and entered her home. It was definitely in the ?lower part? of town, but it was fairly clean and quite charming. He smiled.

?? What brings you all they way out here to my place??

?I just finished a mission here on Malastare with the government, and my ship doesn?t leave until tomorrow night, so I decided to come see you. I hope I?m not a bother??

?Never! You saved my life all those years ago? and you?re a wonderful friend. You?re always welcome.?

?Thank you my friend.?

?No, thank you. I was actually just thinking of you.?

?Oh??

?Well you see, there is a ?war? of sorts going on right now down here in the ?bad part? of town. We need someone to talk some sense into Grudo Dani. He?s a very, very mean dug that won?t take ?no? for an answer. He wants us all to be his slaves? and some have already given in. So ? I was wondering??

?If I would talk to this ?Grudo Dani? for you.?

?Yes.?

?Sure. What do you want me to tell him??

?He just needs to realize that people should not be slaves. I mean, he takes them and makes them do anything he can think of? and he doesn?t even feed them properly!?

?Okay, I get it. Where can I find this ?Grudo? guy??

?Down in the sewers. I don?t really want to go with you, if you don?t mind. He?s been trying to ?capture? me for weeks now.?

?No problem. I?ll see what I can do.?

?Thanks, the entrance to the sewer is right over there,? she pointed out the window, ?after you get down there, just keep on walking straight. You?ll never miss his ?shrine?.?

?I?ll see you in a bit.?

As he turned to go, she grabbed his arm. ?Thank you, Qui-Gon. You have no idea how much this will help the people around here. You?re a great man.? Genuine thanks shone in her eyes, and Qui-Gon smiled. ?It?s no problem. I?m just glad to help.?

* Really, how hard will this be? He may be a bit hard to persuade, but I?m sure I?ve handle worse. *

~*~*~*~

Well, there's the first part! Feedback is greatly appreciated!

:D

2. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Looks good so far! I'm looking froward to more.
    Starlight

3. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    yeah more

4. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    More more more more more please!!! :) Can you guess what I want? :D

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    oh goody another one :D

6. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    I'm always interested in a story about Obi-Wan. This is off to a great start.

:)

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    (puppy dog eyes) Please Laura, I need some more! :)

A good start! Post more PLEASE!!! :D

8. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Starlight: Thanks! Here's 'more'... :)

Glad is June: Thanks for reading!

M: Hmmmm... what do you want? I don't think you're making it clear enough... :p

Jenny: Yes, another one! :eek: ;) :D

Broken-Sabre: Thanks! :)

Ginger: Okay, here's some more! Don't die or anything! ;) :p :)

~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon was disgusted. He had been to many places in his life, and some of the places he had been were dreadful, but this place was near the top of the terrible list. He had gone through the sewer, and he had reached the dug?s ?shrine? ? full of dead bodies. So much blood and death, it had been overwhelming. And lying right on the top of the large pile of bodies was Grudo Dani himself. Qui-Gon had gotten out of there as fast as he could, and was now making his way back to the entrance to the sewer.

* Someone must have decided to put an end to the problem by killing everyone involved. What a wonderful place this is? *

Without warning, a scream broke the relative silence. Qui-Gon spun around to face the direction from which the scream had come. Nothing in sight. Another scream split through his head, but it sounded as if whoever was screaming was trying desperately not to scream. His curiosity got the best of him, and he started down a side passageway toward the sound.

As he neared whoever ? or whatever ? had been screaming he could hear muffled sobs. It was almost completely dark, and Qui-Gon reached out to the Force for guidance.

A third scream ?the loudest and most painful sounding so far ? echoed through the tunnel, and then Qui-Gon heard a sound he had never expected. A baby?s cry.

Qui-Gon began to jog. A baby? This was definitely no place for a baby! As he rounded a slight bend in the tunnel, he froze in horror. Lying not five feet from him was a woman ? covered in blood. Small sobs escaped from her lips, and she clutched a tiny, naked baby to her chest. Both woman and baby were covered in blood, and the baby gave an occasional cry. Realization dawned on Qui-Gon. The screams he had heard must have been this woman screaming as she have birth to a child. He cursed himself mentally. He should have come faster? maybe he could still save them. He stepped slowly closer. As the woman saw him her eyes widened in fear.

?G? Get a-away from us! We?we have no-nothing for you!? the baby was silent now, and Qui-Gon prayed that he or she wasn?t dead.

?I?m not here to hurt you,? he spoke softly, ?I want to help you. My name is Qui-Gon Jinn. I?m a Jedi Knight. Your baby needs medical attention, and I?m sure you could use some as well. Please? let me help you.?

She looked slightly relieved, but she still wasn?t convinced.

?How do I know?? she demanded. ?How do I know you won?t just kill us??

?I suppose you don?t, but I am here to help you. Your child??

?My son. His name is Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

?Ma?am, he needs medical attention? I can bring you both back to Coruscant. The healers at the Jedi Temple can help you.?

The look in her eyes said she wanted to go, but Qui-Gon knew she wasn?t used to trusting. If you trusted down here, you could end up dead. A small cry from her son, however, made up her mind.

?Okay, I?ll go with you. I?? tears welled up in her eyes.

?You?ll not regret it, I promise you. Can you stand??

She glanced down at Obi-Wan, and then held him hesitantly out to Qui-Gon. ?Will you hold him for a moment??

As Qui-Gon took hold of little Obi-Wan Kenobi, he was shocked. The Force radiated off of him like heat from a fire. It was astounding. He quickly took of his robe, and wrapped the child snugly within it. When he looked back at the woman, she was standing ? but barely. She shook uncontrollably. He walked over to her.

?Here, lean on me??

She shook her head no. Her eyes were large with pain, and she suddenly grasped at her chest and collapsed to the ground. Qui-Gon was at her side in an instant. * A heart attack? * She was gasping for a

9. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    I live Laura! :D

Awww that was :( !

But ickle Obi is soooo cute! :)

10. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Qui found Obi in a sewer?!!? First time I've seen that on any boards!!!

Hmmmm....I need to be clear huh? How's this:
    MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MMORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

How's that? 8-}

11. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Why did she have to die? :_| Awww... baby Obi, how cuuute! [face_love]

More soon please! :D

12. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Awwww...*sniff* that was sad. :(.... Sad but very good :) Nice work.

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    all i got to say is: MORE MORE MORE MORE
    :D :D

14. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Ginger: Thank goodness you live! ;) I don't know what I would've done if someone had died in my thread! :eek: Thanks for your kind FB, my friend! :)

M: Yeah, I'd never heard of Obi being found in a sewer either... so I decided to try it! ;) More you say? Well, here it is! :)

KenobisGirl: Baby Obi is very cute! ;) Thanks for the FB! :)

starlight_kenobi: Thanks! :D

Jenny: You and M both... ;) :D

~*~*~*~

?He?ll pull through.?

Qui-Gon let out a breath he didn?t know he?d been holding. * Thank the Force! * Little Obi-Wan would live. His word had not been worthless. And Obi-Wan had already been accepted as a Jedi. Qui-Gon was pleased.

?May I see him??

?Right this way, Master Jinn.?

As Qui-Gon looked at Obi-Wan Kenobi, he was speechless. Although still very thin and small, the boy looked much better already. There was color in his cheeks, and his eyes were bright and smiling. Qui-Gon smiled. He would be okay. * He will be okay? your son will be a great Jedi. I?ll not forget my promise. *

~*~ Eighteen Years Later ~*~

?Master??

?Yes, Obi-Wan??

?I think I?ll be okay.?

Qui-Gon chuckled. Eighteen-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi had been injured on a mission a couple of days ago. Although not life-threatening, his injuries were pretty severe: A broken leg, some broken ribs, and a slight concussion.

?Well, that?s nice to hear, Padawan.? As Qui-Gon looked into Obi-Wan?s smiling face, the image of his Padawan?s mother came to his mind. He had not forgotten. Over the years, he had watched over Obi-Wan from afar, and when the time had been right, he had chosen him as his Padawan Learner. He would keep his promise.

?Master, is it just me, or do I end up here in the medi-bay a lot?? Obi-Wan smiled impishly.

?Well, it seems how at least half of the healers here know you quite well, I would say that was a true statement.?

Obi-Wan began to laugh, and Qui-Gon hoped his mother could see him now. * She would be very proud of him? *

?Rest now, my Padawan. Rest and heal.? Qui-Gon smiled as Obi-Wan fell back onto the pillows and closed his eyes.

?Yes Master.?

The Jedi Master shook his head. For a boy who was once so lost, Obi-Wan had come a long way. * Yes, my Padawan, you were lost, but now you are found. And I have never been so happy. You?re mother was a good woman? you?ll make her proud. And you?ll make me proud as well? *

Obi-Wan smiled in his sleep. As Qui-Gon reached over to turn off the lights, his Padawan spoke.

?Good-night Master.?

?Good-night Padawan,? Qui-Gon looked down at his Padawan, ?Good-night.?

~*~*~*~

THE END! :) I'll start posting a brand new (shocking - yes) story later today! Aren't you excited?!?!?! ;) Thanks for the FB everyone! :D

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Good little story,our little sewer rat OBI.PEACE Ewen

16. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    So cute Laura.....Our Obi is a sewer rat..... So what's this I hear about a NEW story? * runs back to first page and waits* So where is it?!?!?

17. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
  18. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Very 'short and sweet', Laura! :)

19. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    That was greeeat! I really liked it! Lots o' mush, and really sad...

Great job!

20. _Cerasi_

_Cerasi_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Loved it!

21. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    gimpy: Yeah, that was the intention! :p Thanks for reading! :D

KenobisGirl: Lots o' mush = happiness and joy! [face_love] :D

_Cerasi_: Thanks! :D

:)

22. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Uppers! :D

Ginger_Jedi has declared that this fan fic classifies as a *clears throat*

Awwww! How cute! It's an wee, ickle Obi story! Awww isn't he cuuuuuuttttteee! Oh I want one for my BIRTHDAY!!! Mum! Dad! SOMEBODY BUY ME A BABY OBI!!!

Fan fiction...

:p

23. Ginger_Ninja

Ginger_Ninja Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2001
    *grabs pen and paper*

Dear Mum

I know I haven't been a good girl this year what with all the nasty things I've been doing to Jedi and all but what I would really like for my birthday is if you got me a cutey wutey lil Obi cos awwwwwww! He's so SWEET!!!!! Awwwwwwwwwww! I want one of my own!

Please mummy? [Face_puppydoyeyes]

:p

Cool story sis! :D

24. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    LOL sis! :D :p [face_laugh]

What I want for my birthday is not a baby Obi, but a 25-year-old Padawan Obi... [face_love] ;) :D

25. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    (raises eyebrow)

Oh really Laura?

LOL!! Wouldn't we all? Hmmm... perhaps a 16 year old Obi... that's closer my age...

:D

Hey! A girl can dream can't she? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.