main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh thank God. I stopping writing during the move too. Actually I started working on an original novel but I should finish what I started because I have it planned out.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I ... lot motivation :( I'm hoping that being back will bring back the muse!

3. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    So did I. Its ok. Hopefully now certain people will give me a kick in the butt and get the muse back.

4. Count_Drabbu

Count_Drabbu Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2007
    I just kept going with a drabble a day. Fortunately, I'll start up this year's UDC soon, and that'll channel any new drabbles into another thread giving me time to work through some of a backlog of over 100 of the things.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Celebration has helped bring my muse back a bit. Well, actually, being able to toss ideas off of Commander-DWH and mavjade in person has helped a lot too. I wrote an Avatar vig during the move and have actually worked on two of my Star Wars pieces.

Plus rewatching Firefly has made me really want to revive my Star Wars/Firefly crossover.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  6. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    I was starting to lose my muse after completing five or so chapters for all three stories that I wrote, but now that the boards are back, I'm finding the groove again. Still, I don't want to post everything I've done during the move all at once. I decided to post a chapter for each the stories two days a week until I'm caught up. It's great to have that grove back.

7. Count_Drabbu

Sep 30, 2007
    And I've also been trying my hand at writing comedy sketches for the stage, though practicality's limited me to ones I can perform by myself. [I've even based a couple on things I wrote for here. Not drabbles, but other things.]

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That sounds cool!

I know a lot of regulars aren't fully back yet, but would a challenge (a just-write challenge or an official you-can-earn-colors challenge) spark anyone's interest?

9. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    It would mine! For sure! :cool: I need the push!

10. Count_Drabbu

Sep 30, 2007
    Dangit. A few months ago, I had a great idea for UDC 7, and I even worked on it for a time. I'd completely failed to notice (or remember) that the theme was used for a Roulette Challenge on the SW side just before the old boards went down. Dangit.

As for a contest, maybe. I'm rather disenchanted anymore with any competition that involves online voting (not here, but in general). Every time I see "Hey, I'm in this contest! Come vote for my piece!" - especially when directed to people outside the primary voting pool - I want to see that person and everyone who "votes" based on that plea banned from the internet for life.

11. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    As for me... I have to many writting projects going on right now to even think about challenges and contests.

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm stealing this idea from Goodreads ... but what about a rotating Write By Theme challenge? No colors, no word limits, no specific fandoms. Everyone can vote on a theme for the month, and we'll all try to write and post (or even just post, if we have something written already that fits) something that fits the theme, whether that be a drabble or a NaNo epic. No colors, so no pressure. Just some fun to get us back into the swing of things. Plus, if we're voting on the theme every month, everyone has a say.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Man, everyone's antisocial these days :p We did start the challenge, and I hope you all participate!

How do you like our newly merged forum? We're about to get tags at the top to make navigation a bit easier.

14. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    At the moment my head's near bursting with My Little Pony rabbits. Gotta herd 'em before my muse starts cooperating with me on challenges.

If you're going to put the tags up, could you add a list of NSWFF Mods as well?

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    We can't do it like it was in theold days, unfortunately. We can try to play around with the best way, but for now, just know that Mira_Jade and I are the mods.

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Nat, you killed the social thread! :eek:

In all seriousness, how is everyone doing these days? :)

17. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Good! Nice to see you! Trying to write again. ST:Into Darkness helped a little.

However I am no longer single! After three years of finding myself I have an amazing guy. Couldn't ask for more!

Random Comments and NYCitygurl like this.
  18. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    My prayers go out to those in Oklahoma City, Moor, St. Louis, and all in between!

Juliet316 and Nightvision91 like this.
  19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Master_Jaina, good to see you too. That's amazing to hear about your boyfriend, well wishes for both of you. :) I hear ya about the writing - I'm getting back into fanfic writing myself. Currently working on a Hunger Games short story and the subject matter is really tearing my heart out. Almost considered switching the POV from first person to third person to make it easier (and less personal IMO) to write, but this story just loses something when it's not in first person. Oh the woes of writing. 8-}

mrjop2 - I'm not up-to-date on American news, what's going on?

20. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Lots and lots of tornadoes. My thoughts go out to them too. I've seen the pictures of the tornadoes. Scary.

21. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Oklahoma has been decimated by tornadoes two weeks in a row. A week earlier, an EF-5 (the highest rated tornado with winds over 200 mph) hit south of Oklahoma City in Moore. Yesterday, a storm produced over five deadly tornadoes all around Oklahoma City and at least one hit just north of Moore once again. They had to evacuate all the rescue crews who were working in Moore from the last tornado which pretty much left Moore decimated.

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I killed it so hard, I thought it would never be resurrected! And I'm glad to see it :)

Master Jaina, that's awesome! I'm happy for you [:D]

One of my friends lives 10 minutes from Moore and sent photos. It looks horrible :(

Random Comments likes this.
  23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I am so sorry to hear about the tornadoes. :(

And Nat, yes. Yes you did. You killed it. Thankfully, I have resurrection powers that I don't mind sharing every so often. :p

So I just marathoned Hannibal since I was looking for a new TV show to watch and everyone seems to be talking about it. I have learned three things from the process:

(1) I should never marathon TV shows. I always feel horrible, useless and terribly sleepy after doing it. Yet I do it anyway. :p
    (2) I am extremely, extremely disturbed by the show. Extremely.
    (3) My brain just plotted a Sherlock/Hannibal crossover scene that's completely disconnected from an overarching story and based more on my curiosity on what would happen if you got certain characters together at the same crime scene.

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love marathoning TV shows. Does Canada get Netflix?

I haven't seen Hannibal ... it looks a bit gruesome for me.

25. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Wow, just found out that one of the victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes was one of the storm chaser stars of the Discovery network's hit show Storm Chasers. I loved that series, and I'm sad to hear that he perished. He'd been chasing tornadoes for decades.

On a lighter note: I am laughing my head off when I read that After Earth bombed at the box office this weekend. I haven't forgiven M. Night for what he did to the Last Airbender. Maybe now he'll take a long hiatus from making movies?