main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LotR Marathon IS being shown in Valley View

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    besides the show has been sold out for weeks!

Wow, Oberlin really IS a bubble. I swear I was talking about doing this with a few people like, a week and a half ago. This is what happens when you lose all connection to the outside world. : P

2. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Excuse me for not reading the 1st half of the thread, but is anyone planning to watch FOTR this friday? It doesnt seem to be soldout and there is only three showings of it. I would assume everyone would plan to see the 8pm showing (instead of the 10am and 3pm showing). I didnt have time to get a costume, but my date is planning to go as one of the elves. I only plan to wear a LOTR Tshirt and wield Frodo's sword (thats of course if they will allow me to bring it in).

3. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Know why I love my sister? She convinced me to buy myself TTT:EE for my birthday and now I'm so glad I did. I can't stop watching it especially those extra scenes with Faramir! Know why I like the JKOC? Because they are LOTR geeks like me! I'm focusing on Faramir right now because there's a guy in my life I seem to be getting nowhere with! :(

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Heh, while this is a Fanforce message board, I'd like to start a group called

The Fellowship of the Mutant Matrix Jedi

(Integrates LOTR, X-Men, Matrix, Star Wars)

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'd like to start a group called...
    The Fellowship of Pummel Eric into the ground ;) It's ok to talk about stuff other then SW here...we've all got similar (and different) interests beside the SW universe.

southbeach...good to hear from ya! Are you planning on going to the LOTR marathon? A bunch of us are going to be there (some in costume) and you're always welcom eto join this jedi fellowship!

I was planning on holding out until the full trilogy marathon...don't want to burn out before then by watching it over and over.

6. southbeach

Apr 4, 2002
    I didnt get a chance to score any tix for the marathon. So I will be doing the weekly version.

I went last night and the theatre was pretty empty, and noone dressed up. However the 3 1/2 hours flew by quickly, so I went home to watch the TTT. In any rate, have fun at the marathon.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I was wondering how good a turnout the individual LOTR films would be getting...I think many people are waiting until the marathon. Glad you had fun...wish you could make it.

After some mix-ups with my schedule...i finally got someone to cover my hours that day (why do I bother requesting days off)...at least I don't have to call off dead!

LOTR Marathon
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Jade
    GrnJalera (and friends)
    Douz
    Malo-ha
    JJJ
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_(and friend)

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    After some mix-ups with my schedule...i finally got someone to cover my hours that day (why do I bother requesting days off)...at least I don't have to call off dead!

Yes, well, I have two finals that day... my two worst ones, both in my major. Endocrinology and Microbiology. Needless to say I'll definitely be showing up for the finals that day. In other words, I'll be showing up dead! :_|

9. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Endocrine and Micro Eric?
    :confused: What are you planning to do after college?

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Teach high school biology. In my opinion, I probably won't even use 75% of the material I've learned in classes beyond my general prinicples of biology classes freshman year to teach, so it seems kind of useless to me. I'm just in these classes to fulfill requirements for licensure. So yeah, it kind of stinks. BUT AT LEAST I'LL BE FREE IN 10 DAYS!

11. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
  12. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
  13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Remind me not to let Cindy sit next to me at LOTR...over 7 hours of bringing up every little technical mistake, and I'll want to whack her over the head with my walking stick!

14. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yeah. No talking Cindy! :p

15. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    :mad:

Anyways, Geoff, I thought that it was agreed that I wasn't going to sit by you. :p

And besides, I don't usually find goofs during my first viewing... so you are safe during ROTK. :p

16. southbeach

Apr 4, 2002
    I just bought tix for the Wed 8pm showing of ROTK. So hopefully I will see everyone there after their 7 hours of Tolkien. Of course I wont be sporting any costume except my Sting of course.. See you all there....

17. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    When you guys go if you happen to see a few female hobbits wearing green hoods and about my age looking....they are skipping school to be there... I'm so jealous!!! ;)

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    We're just DAYS away from Return of the King and the LOTR marathon!!!

Em is trying to get out of school the entire day...the time has come to get the OK from our dad, this should be fun? :eek:

On Hockey Night in Canada (part of our digital cable system) they have been running commercials for a KFC promotional contest, where you can win a trip to New Zealand...and various other prizes. But I think it's just a Canadian promotion. Moffy...if you win, I want pictures!!!

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah. Everyone get some good sleep tonight so that you don't get it in the theater! :p

I can't wait. This should be fun! :D

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well my one friend ditched me last minute for this thing, so I asked my girlfriend instead, but she has to be at her 2nd job by 1 am...and I have a strong feeling that the marathon will not be over by then. Can anyone let me know ASAP exactly when the movies will end? Just want to know an exact time so my g/f knows what's going on, thanks. (gotta be at work in a couple hours, need a quick reply please). Thanx.

EDIT: well since noone responded, guess I'll just have to take my chances here. I'm bringing my girlfriend along, you all be nice to her, she's never seen a SW movie in her life lol. Anyhow, I did the math, and figuring each movie is roughly 3 and a half hours long...and each break between movies is I'm guessing a half an hour, that should mean the movies will be over before 1 am...but somewhere else I read that ROTK won't be shown until like 11 or midnight or something. Still confused about the showings...oh well. Cya all there.

21. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    If I win? I never win anything :p
    But if I do, who should I take? I could think of a person or two :D

Well, how was it fellow SW dorks? I won't see ROTK until Sunday myself but I can hold out. I've waited a year already. ;)

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    It was a lot of fun guys. :D
    Geoff, thanks for picking up the ticket for me and thanks all for holding my seat for me. ;)

23. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    In simple terms...ROTK KICKED *fill in the word here* The battles rocked, ending was good for a change, not total utter trash like some other movies *cough* Revolutions *cough*. So yea, I'm happy with it. Now I just gotta wait for the trilogy box set...

24. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Eowyn rocked, just like I hoped that she would! :D

Well, now back to bed. :p

25. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I'm not reading any of the above for fear of being spoiled. But just wanted to say I saw Geoff on Channel 19 news last night. They flashed the other people's pictures so fast I couldn't identify anyone else. Hope you all had a great time! Hey, Geoff, your 15 minutes (er, seconds) of fame! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.