main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOTR- The Two Towers

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by MiladyJ, Nov 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Hmmm...

I guess he does kinda look like Eric. Perhaps its time to change my icon.

2. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    D'oh! Sorry about that, Dan. My bad!!

3. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    I just bought the Arwen pendant (to give to Kevin if he leaves overseas) finally. The link to the $55.00 one was a bad link, so I ended up getting it for $75, but it's still not a bad deal to the $137 I've seen it for out there. It looks more and more like he could get called. In fact, this weekend he got a call reminding him he's still on alert, so we're patiently waiting... I ordered it express so I should have it soon. Am very excited about this.

4. Jedi_Bane

Jedi_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    ok, after reading this whole thread i'm just too mentally exhausted to form a reply, maybe i'll post later... or somthing...

5. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    That's awesome, Jenni! I'm sure your honey will love it.

6. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    I would just like to say that I just got a little dissappointment from the movie/book difference last night. As I was reading FOTR, I noticed that it was actually Boromir who said "There is a fell voice on the air." Somehow it is just more...I don't know...more dreadful when Legolas says it in the movie. It's not really something I picture Boromir saying. (Well, that's just my opinion.)

7. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    So we all know that the ROTK trailer is not out, nor will it be out for a little while...or will it? Check out this email from Ringer Spy Mr. Sieve. Mr. Sieve was at a convention in Chicago over the weekend and stumbled across a booth with the ROTK trailer. Take it as you will. We can neither confirm nor deny this is factual. (But thats the nature of spy reports eh?!)

"I was at a Halloween costume & party convention over the weekend in Chicago, and in one of the booths, selling lotr costumes and accessories, the guy running the booth had a copy of the ROTK trailer. I don't know where he got it -- I didn't ask and he didn't say, but let me tell you ... it was AWESOME!!! ... Narsil was reforged, Eomer wept with Theoden in his arms on the pelennor fields, pippin lunged and pulled faramir off the funeral pyre, sam went after something (shelob assuredly, but they showed nothing of her) with the phial of galadriel, grima drew a dagger and leapt at someone .... those were just the highlights ... i'll attempt to go through it shot for shot as best i can remember .... it opened with armies charging across plains, then cut to gandalf in theoden's hall at edoras telling aragorn, gimli, and legolas that they are running out of time ... oh hell, i don't remember the exact order now, but they do show the halls of the dead (a bunch of skulls lying on the floor in a dungeon looking set), they show aragorn riding at the head of an army with the white tree emblazened on his breast plate, they show eowyn and faramir in the garden in gondor embracing, sam crying out to frodo that "can't you see? He's betrayed us!", but the coolest thing of all is SAURON COMES BACK IN PHYSICAL FORM ... unless it was some weird flashback, which I doubt, in the final battle before the black gates, Sauron is back, decked out in the same armor he was wearing in the flashback sequence in FOTR, and he goes after Aragorn -- so it would seem ... Sauron is bashing his way through, they cut to Aragorn fighting off a bunch of orcs, they cut back to a shot of Sauron, and they cut to a shot of Legolas, shouting Aragorn's name, as if to say, "Hey Aragorn, look out, there's a huge %$^#$^&^ with a mace about to pound your skull in!" .... all in all, the trailer was about two minutes long and showed a lot -- but my memory isn't what it used to be ... just thought I'd let you all know that there is complete ROTK in circulation ... again, I have no idea where this guy got it, but I'm kicking myself now for not giving him like twenty bucks, and asking him to dub a copy and mail it to me .... if I can sort out anymore of it in my muddled mind, I will let you know ..."

Thanks Mr. Sieve for the heads up!

8. JAKEFETT

JAKEFETT Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2003
    Would anyone happen to know what the name of that blonde elflord is that came to helm's deep to form the last alliance of elves and men. I know that wasn't in the book, but It's been bugging me ever since I seen the movie.
    At first I thought it was Celeborn, but according to the books, Celeborn continues on all the way to the end to travel over the sea.

Any Ideas dellow felegates?

9. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Haldir was his name. He was the elf that Aragorn spoke with in length on the SE DVD of FOTR and the one who said something (can't remember exactly what at the moment) to Gimli as they were entering Lothlorien and he was going on about how keen his hearing was and then found a drawnarrow in his face!! (I love that scene!!)

10. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Gimli: Well, this is one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox.

(cue sudden apperanced of many elven bows)

Haldir: The dwarf breathes so loudly, we could have shot him in the dark.

Of course, in the book, there were no Elves at Helms Deep (besides Legolas). But, admittedly, it was a change that worked pretty well.

With any luck, we will see a ROTK preview footage released sometime soon... it is Oscar season after all.

11. JAKEFETT

Mar 10, 2003
    Haldir, so that's his name. I knew I should have bought that SE set by now. Thank you Tracey!

12. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Your welcome, Jake!! Well, I must say, I highly recommend gettig the SE. It fills in so much and really makes a good movie better.

13. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Legolas and Haldir are my favorites--unfortunately one is gone now, but I'm so glad for the special lengthened edition of FOTR because Haldir is in it more.

Wish you could see the news article that the Menomonee Falls paper put out 2 Wednesdays ago about Kevin's and my wedding--it has a lot of expression about the Arwen Evenstar pendant I gave Kevin, and how LOTR influenced my dress, etc. If I get together with the fan force any time soon I'll bring the article for you all to read.

14. JAKEFETT

Mar 10, 2003
    Ah yes, here it is on pg. 406 of FOTR.
    'A Dwarf!' said Haldir. 'That is not well. We have not had dealings with the dwarves since the dark days.'
    Yeh, he was a pretty cool character. Legolas is great too. I love the scene in TTT when the Wargs are attacking. They show him on a hill launching arrows at the approaching Wargs and then he does an arial on to the back of Gimli's horse.

15. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    OMG!! I LOVE that scene!! The way Legolas is just shooting off arrows, so calm and yet so deadly. I loved it!!!! I so can NOT wait till TTT is out. I hope they have a SE for this one too. If they do, it'd be nice if they just sold it at the same time as the release for the "regular" version. Not they will, money suckin'@#$%$#@, hollywood @#$%*#@!!!(feel free to fill in the @#%* to your own preferances!! :) )

16. JAKEFETT

Mar 10, 2003
    Yeh, I'll be ticked off if they do that again. I'm not sure if it was intentional the first time (probaly was, those !@#$) Maybe they had no choice. I'll give em the benefit of the doubt, But if they do the same with the TTT, I may have to step over to the Darkside.
    Now I'm hyped up about getting the SE!

17. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    TTT theatrical cut DVD is due out by the end of June, last I read. The Extended Edition cut will be out in early November. The EE cut is, like "Fellowship", slated to be about 3:30 hours, although the specifics of what material will be added is not really known (although there are plenty of rumors).

18. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    The Two Towers Theatrical Cut is slated to be released on August 26th. The Director's Cut is slated for November. And here's some info I found on John Howe's site:

BOY, HAVE I GOT NEWS...
    Unfortunately, I can't really share it with you...

Just returned from London where I had the immense treat of seeing the Two Towers in the lo-o-ong DVD version.
    Naturally, it was an unfinished cut, and while I can't tell you what's in it, it'll certainly be worth waiting those extra months. Of course you must run to the shop in August and refresh your memories with the theatrical release on DVD or video, but you MOST definitely will want the extended version in November. Trust me.
    Time to stop before I get carried away and say too much.

On the drawing board:
    Have just handed over the first bits of the Map of Numenor to the editors, and on the drawing board are all the remaining portions to complete.

Trivia:
    Went to Forbidden Plant and purchased a "Balrog: Ancient Demon of Fire Illuminating Votive Holder" (I didn't make up that title, it's on the box, honest!), which is kind of a glorified translucent resin candle holder in the shape of the Balrog's head and shoulders. Most curious. It would make a great nite lite outside the front door, but I don't know what the neighbours would think...

See you next week!

19. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    CLICK HERE Then click on the bottom on Staff Reactions.

20. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    That's JUST cruel!!!

21. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I know. My sister sent that addy to me and I freaked out.

22. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Well, I kinda liked it. Generally I don't like April Fool's Day jokes, but for whatever reason, I liked that one.

BUT -- I did hear that the release date may be moved UP from mid December to November. Of course I can't remember what day, but I did distinctly hear "November." Does that make you all feel better?

23. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Seriously?! That would be awesome.

24. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Do you want Elf ears or Hobbit feet? Check out here:
    http://www.scifiwarehouse.com/acatalog/index.html

Go to Lord of the Rings, then click on masks and scroll down. They're expensive, but VERY cool. (The prices are in British Pounds so you'll need to convert them online.)

25. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    I am looking for the address to subscribe to the Official Lord of the Rings magazine. If anyone has it, could you please e-mail it to me with e-mail "subject line" reading: LOTR Magazine Subscription Addy

My e-mail is SeaOrchids@aol.com

Thanks!

PS. Just watched SW:AOTC again last night. Am going to try to get Hayden's autograph again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.