main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Love Suspended (Luke, OC, Kyp), Humor, Romance -- Updated 09/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Title: Love Suspended
    Author: Ceillean
    Characters: Luke, OC, Kyp
    Timeline: sometimes after Mara's untimely and beyond stupid death

“There’s a review scheduled for later tonight.“ Maika glanced up from the control board where his fingers hovered above a multitude of glowing and blinking buttons and knobs. Unlike his partner, Maika was doing his job. Adya, on the other hand, was daydreaming.

Again.

“Seriously, Adya?” Maika grabbed his dark blue uniform cap and flung it towards her, narrowly missing her head by only a few inches. Undoubtedly Adya was making up insane stories about one of those holo stars she adored so much. Throughout the years that Maika and Adya had worked together, Maika had had to listen to life stories of people he didn’t give a rats’ ass about. Currently, Adya really liked Starr Light and seriously, what kind of a name was that for a guy?

Adya opened baby blue eyes and a whole lot of confusion was written all over her pretty face. Eyebrows raised, pink lips shaped into a small o, strands of blond hair sticking to her cheek where she’d propped her head in the palm of her hand.

“Who was it this time?” Maika asked, not even hiding the evil grin that nearly split his face in half. “Starr or that other guy? What was his name? Jorge Nova?”

Adya’s face flushed the way it always did when Maika caught her red handed. She sat up straight and tucked hair behind her ears. She was a very pretty middle aged woman who, in Maika’s opinion, had no business daydreaming about men she couldn’t possibly have. It was a waste of time and the sooner Adya realized it, the better.

“I…um…” She rubbed the back of her neck, pulled at the collar of her blue uniform jacket. And when she smiled, Maika knew it wasn’t real. Usually her dimples showed. “You said something about a review?” Adya asked, pushing away from her control console. Slowly, she took her uniform cap into both hands and fidgeted with the Aldir Recreational Facility’s insignia. “I’ll be back later.” She turned her back on him but then stopped to cast a look over her shoulder. “Wait – what time are they going to be here?”

“Between eight and nine. Where are you going?” Maika stood, crossed his arms over his chest. Adya thrust her chin forward and swallowed. She was a truly beautiful woman and it was a shame that she had yet to open her eyes and see how much he actually valued her company.

“I need some fresh air.”

“We’re on a space station, Adya. There’s no such thing as fresh air up here.”

“The equivalent will do nicely.” She bit out before leaving Maika to stare at the bleak grey door that quietly closed behind her.

It wasn’t too difficult to keep up the appearance of a quiet old man as long as Luke didn’t interact too much. Hello here, hello there, that was it. It was all he could afford lest the Force mirage dissipated and someone recognized him. He was pretty damned good in using the Force but changing his appearance for more than a few minutes wasn’t one of his talents. Standing behind a group of overly chatty tourists, Luke watched the numbers on the display above the door of the turbolift. Two more levels and he’d reach the accommodation hub, subsection alpha. Master Durron’s last known location.

Contact to the Jedi Master had broken off the previous morning and although Kyp wasn’t keen on following rules, he always reported in. Twenty four hours without a word and all sorts of alarm bells went off.

Half the group of tourists stepped off the turbo lift with a bunch of ooh’s and aah’s as they got out their holocameras and started snapping shots of an entire section of gaming booths, ranging from sabbacc to I’trel dices and whatever else a recreational facility at the edge of the galaxy offered.

Luke squeezed his way past the last few guests as the turbolift arrived at his destination, and was instantly grateful as the only thing he could hear was absolute silence. A long grey corridor stretched out before him, glow panels attached to the ceiling leading the way. His boots hardly made a sound as he walked along the carpeted walkway, carefully reaching out with his senses. With each step he took, he let go of his disguise.

The shock of white hair was replaced by his short dirty blond mop. Wrinkles and scars disappeared. The weight of holding on to this fake persona lifted from his shoulders and Luke breathed more easily. He checked his com link, no new messages and then took a look at his wrist chrono. He knew Kyp could take care of himself but this fact relieved none of his worry for his old friend.

Kyp had checked into the recreational facility under his old alias, Zeth Fost. A meeting had been scheduled with a renowned criminal who worked the underground meticulously and this renowned criminal was also the only contact they had to a lead concerning a lost Jedi settlement.

Luke, as the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, had been yearning for a little adventure and since this was more or less only an information gathering mission, he’d been happy to tag along. The old guys going out for a little fun. Only no one had anticipated that things could go this wrong.

Luke sighed. He should have known better. Everything always went wrong. It was standard.
    Kyp, or rather Zeth Fost, had checked into room 0512 in subsection alpha and according to the holomap he’d downloaded onto his portable, Luke was standing right in front of the entrance. The door was locked because otherwise this would have been too easy. At first, Luke tried nudging the lock with the Force. It didn’t work and eventually, he gave up. Inwardly, he cursed for not bringing R2D2 along for the ride.

From his tool belt, he extracted a little device that Jaina had given him, just in case. He’d raised a brow because, really, a Jedi Master jimmying a lock? By hand? Who’d have thought?

Smiling to himself, he held the little device to the locking mechanism. Manually, he didn’t have to do much. The device did most of the work by itself, going through hundreds and hundreds of variations until it finally spit out the correct code. How long this would take was anyone’s guess.

“What are you doing?”

Luke closed his eyes for just a second and then spun around to the voice that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. A woman stood only a few feet away, head tilted to the side while she watched with genuine curiosity in her eyes. She wore the uniform of station staff but she wasn’t carrying a sidearm so she wasn’t station security.

“I locked myself out.” Luke said, faking a smile and extending a hand for her to shake. “I’m Zeth Fost.”
    She looked at his hand and then back to his face. “No, you’re not.”

Luke blinked. “Pardon?”

“That’s not your name.”

He cleared his throat and hooked the device back to his tool belt. “I think I know who I am.” He said, adding a bit of irritation to his voice. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to find someone who can open the door for me.”

He went to pass her but the woman reached out and took his arm. “I know who you are.” She lowered her voice conspiratorially. “And there has to be something big going on if a Jedi Master is here.”
    Luke tried not to groan. Force, he hoped she wasn’t another one of those fans…

“My name is Adya Venta.” She shook his hand like a crazy woman, bobbing his arm up and down until his entire body shook. “How may I be of service?”

I missed this. :D

bellum stellarum likes this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice. This looks interesting.
    I had to laugh when I read this. I couldn't agree more.

3. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    A comment! :eek:

:p Thanks for taking the time to read. :) And I hope the story will stay interesting.

4. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Now...I shall make my poor baby suffer. [face_devil]

On the cold ground, knees pulled up to somehow protect his ribs, Kyp had trouble sucking in just the tiniest amount of air. Breathing hurt. Moving hurt. It was a vicious circle given the maniac with the heavy boots trying to make jelly out of Kyp’s innards.

“Tell me what I want to know.” He wore a tight fitting mask that covered the top half of his face. Kyp made out a crooked nose, a scar that ran down the center of the man’s lips, small beady black eyes. And he was tall. Inhumanly tall.

Kyp coughed and rolled onto his knees, holding one hand to his abs while using the other to get himself into a somewhat crooked sitting position. Smiling and tasting blood on his lips, Kyp lifted his head and met the tall man’s stare. “You really wanna know?” He coughed again, feeling as if his ribs were scraping against what was left of his lungs.

The man grunted, waiting for an answer while he paced before the only exit, a small door the man didn’t even fit through without bowing low.

“You hit like a Schutta.” Kyp breathed with half a laugh.

Not necessarily the smartest thing to say, given the circumstances, but Kyp really didn’t give a damn.

“You think you’re funny, don’t you?” The man spat.

Kyp, breathing heavily as he forced himself onto his feet, shook his head. “Course not.” He said between clenched teeth. “No thinking involved, sweetheart. It’s a known fact.”

The man’s fist slammed into the side of Kyp’s face. He stumbled back, hitting the wall, surprised to feel all his teeth still in one piece.

“You asked for Khaszdan. Why?”

Kyp grunted when he pushed away from the wall. “One universe, countless galaxies, countless planets and billions of individuals and I have the unfortunate luck of meeting your dumb ass.” He didn’t feel cheerful in the least, for obvious reasons, but he smiled nonetheless.

The man grabbed him by the scruff of his collar and nearly pulled him off his feet. Kyp wrinkled his nose as he caught a whiff of the man’s breath as he spoke. “You will regret these little games once I am done with you.”
    “Two words, friend. Breath. Mints.”

The man flung Kyp aside and like a child’s doll, he slammed against the wall with arms flailing about. He hit his head pretty hard and stars clouded his vision and angels began to sing.

“You must have me confused with someone else.” Luke said, drawing on the Force to anchor this suggestion into the woman’s mind. Problem was it had absolutely no affect. He’d expected her to go about her way with a laugh and a fleeting apology but instead, she crossed her arms across her chest and raised a blond eyebrow.

“Are you trying to use one of those Jedi mind tricks on me?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He said quickly. “My name is Zeth Fost and I’m only trying to get into my room, that’s all.” He gestured to the closed door with a nod of his head. “If you’ll excuse me, I have to contact station authorities.”

Luke began walking down the stretch of corridor, hoping that the woman, Adya, wouldn’t follow him but his luck had run out. He heard her steady footsteps on the carpeted floor behind him and then she called out for almost everyone to hear. “It’d be really great publicity for the station if they knew a Jedi was on board!”

Luke swung around in midstep. He grabbed Adya’s upper arm non-too-gently and pulled her into a quiet corner, away from prying eyes and listening ears.

“What do you want?” He hissed at her, softening his grip as she looked down at where his hand encircled her upper arm. She wasn’t a very tall woman, reached up to his shoulders if even that. The insignia on her uniform told him that she was part of flight control, which was on the far side of the station, if he remembered correctly.

“I don’t want anything.” Adya said, shrugging off his hand. “Why are you here?”

Well, there was no need to lie to her anymore. Even though he knew he had to tread carefully, maybe Adya could actually be of some help. “I’m looking for my friend. I lost contact with him a few hours ago. This was his last known location.” He gestured to the closed door. “I need to get inside.”

“Why didn’t you just say so in the first place?” Her sudden smile was radiant and lit up her entire face. Blue eyes sparkled with excitement. “I have a friend. He can get you inside.”

“Why?”

Adya blinked. “What do you mean, why?”

“Why help me? What do you want?”

“I already told you.” Her smile slowly faded away, replaced by something akin to disappointment. “I don’t want anything. I’d just like to help.”

Luke sighed. He didn’t trust her. But her help would make this situation so much easier.

“Fine.” He said. “First thing’s first. I need to get into that room.”

All she’d wanted to do was clear her head, breathe for a moment before heading back to the control tower. Maika’s stupid taunts wouldn’t let her go. So what? She liked to pretend that life was better. Was there something wrong with that?

Sitting up in that control tower day-in and day-out and living on the station was wearing her out. She hadn’t set foot on real dry land in months so daydreaming was her only escape.

Never in a million years had she thought she’d meet a real life Jedi, though. Luke Skywalker himself! Adya had recognized him the moment she’d seen him. He was even more handsome than in all those vids she liked to watch.

And now she had the chance to help him and at the same time escape her dull reality for just a little while.

“Wezz will be here in a few minutes.” She said, tucking her comlink into the pocket of her uniform. “He owes me a favor.”

“He’ll ask questions, won’t he?” Master Skywalker asked, tilting his head to the side just a little. Adya swallowed and smiled shyly. She wasn’t used to being around good-looking men. Sure, there were a few cuties on the station but none of them were interested in her. She was nervous all of a sudden, hiding trembling and sweaty hands in the pockets of her uniform trousers.

“I’ll make up some story.” She said with a shrug. “He’s a good guy, so don’t worry.”

Master Skywalker turned away but she heard him whisper “Who’s worried?” in a tone of voice she recognized as bad news.

Adya chewed on her lower lip. A voice in the back of her head was getting louder by the minute. Go back to your average, quiet life and you won’t be in danger. She wasn’t sure whether or not she was in danger but given a Jedi Master on the station…yeah, pretty obvious there.

But the average, quiet life was killing her.

She needed this.

“What about your friend?” Adya asked.

“What about him?” Master Skywalker turned to face her. Standing in front of a large viewport that showed the beauty of the stars beyond, Adya yearned for a holo camera. No one she knew would believe that she was actually talking to the one and only! It was getting increasingly more difficult not to break out into a fit of giggles.

“Is he…you know…” She lowered her voice. “A Jedi?”

It took a moment for him to answer, as if he was deciding whether or not to tell her. “Yes.”

“Oh my Stars! Seriously? Two of you here? This is absolutely amazing!” She couldn’t help it. Her smile turned into quiet laughter and then she felt a blush creeping up on her. He must think her insane…
    “I’m sorry.” She said, shaking her head. “Just ignore the sudden embarrassing outburst. But wait! Can’t you use the Force to look for your friend? Jedi are powerful like that, aren’t they?”

“It doesn’t work that way.” Master Skywalker raised his eyebrows.

“But you’re a Jedi. You can do anything. That’s what the holonet –“

“The holonet lies.”

“Oh.” Adya pursed her lips.

She heard a fall of heavy footsteps pounding their way. Her friend Wezz, one of few friends she had on the station, approached with a little tool kit in his hand. From the corner of her eye, Adya noticed how Master Skywalker hid in the shadows. Evidently, he didn’t want to be seen.

So this part was up to her alone.

Inside, she was jumping with joy.

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Watch out Luke you have a smitten Jedi-groupie on your hands! Who did Kyp irritate to get such a beating? Looking forward to reading more.

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    It'd be so funny to write a story about a group of smitten Jedi groupies. [face_mischief]

Huh...either I'm blind or I can't find the mischief smiley. It was my favorite smiley. :p Oh well.

And Kyp...he has a tendency to piss off the wrong people. At least in my personal little fanfic world.

Thanks for reading. :)

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Connie, you're uniquely gifted that's for sure! :* :bighugs: I can so imagine this irritating fingernails on chalk board groupie. :p I looked for the mischief smiley too - couldn't find it so I'll just type in the one I used before. [face_mischief]

^:) for Kyp with his awesome self. He needs some TLC after all this. The line starts behind me. LOL

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    This is funny and interesting! If you will put me on your PM list I would like to make time for your naughty humor & brilliant dialogues. :D

10. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

11. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I will gladly put you on the notification list, Azure. :D Thanks for taking the time to read. [:D]

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    The moment he’d set foot on this Force forsaken station, he should have realized that something was going to go wrong. It always did. Why bother pretending otherwise? Somewhere in the fine print of his contract there had to be a clause that near death experiences were part of it all, he’d just forgotten to read it.

Kyp lay on his back and stared up to the ceiling. His left eye was more or less swollen shut, there were multiple cuts and bruises all over his body and he was pretty sure his ribs were broken.
    Sure, he could have ended all this quickly but blowing his cover wasn’t on his agenda.

Yet.

Once the time came to reveal his identity, the bastard who did this to him was going to be in for one hell of a surprise. Kyp nearly smiled as he imagined kicking his ass halfway across the galaxy.
    He heard Master Skywalkers’ voice in the back of his mind all of a sudden, an admonishing annoying tone that made Kyp’s skin crawl.

Watch your temper…

Kyp turned his head towards the door. The only entrance and exit to this stinky, dingy little torture chamber. If anyone ever asked how he’d gotten himself into this precarious situation, Kyp, of course, let himself be caught. Yep. This was all part of the plan. Getting his ribs smashed? Sure, because he could take the pain. Having his face bashed in? Definitely because all this had to be as authentic as possible, right?
    All lies of course but he had a reputation to uphold, after all.

He’d slipped. And that was the hard and honest truth and it stung. He’d been careless and stupid and he should have known better.

Staring at the door, he briefly wondered if he could find the control mechanism hidden behind the wall. But even if, what good would it do? He could barely move.

“Idiot.” He breathed and closed his eyes. He’d been at the appointed place and time given to him by a contact called Khaszdan. Small little tapcaf amongst many aboard the station. There hadn’t been anything unusual, nothing to make Kyp wary at least. He’d waited for his contact to show up, had wasted another twenty minutes of his time before Kyp had finally decided to drop the matter. Last thing he remembered was the quiet hiss of a hypospray pressed against his neck and the uncomfortable sensation of losing consciousness.

And then he’d woken up here, facing the ugly bastard with the mask.

It was supposed to have been an information gathering mission only. Coordinates to a settlement presumed to have once belonged to the Jedi hundreds and hundreds of years ago. If this turned out to be correct, it would be the archeological find of the century and not only for the Jedi Order.

Kyp took another deep breath and held it for a moment. The only thing that would get him through this in one piece without blowing his cover was to keep his calm as long as possible. Difficult task, he knew, but certainly not impossible.

Surrounded by the Force, he tugged at its energy and let its warmth envelop him. Almost instantly he felt his body begin to heal from the inside out. Slowly but steadily his strength returned, bruises faded. He knew it would take hours for his body to heal fully so he had to use the time he had left before his visitor returned.

And then he would have to find a way to improvise. Because this sure as hell hadn’t been part of the plan.

Wezz turned out to be a simple minded individual. Luke sent him on his merry way after he’d opened the doors to Zeth Fost’s quarters with a nibbling thought in the back of Wezz’ mind that he was suddenly very very hungry.

Adya, staring open-mouthed as Wezz picked up his tools and walked away as if nothing had happened, eventually followed Luke across the threshold. The first thing Luke noted was the sweet, almost intoxicating smell that came from a bouquet of rotting flowers in a crystal vase standing atop a low table next to the only sofa in the room. Just a few short breaths made Luke nauseous.

“That is disgusting.” Adya commented, going for the environmental systems and activating an internal air supply. Seconds later, the scent was all but gone. “Your friend likes flowers, I take it?”

Luke frowned as he approached the vase. “Not particularly.” He said, crouching down next to the dead flowers. He’d never seen this kind before and in full bloom he imagined they were beautiful but now all that was left were leathery brown blossoms with black spots and once green leaves dried and shriveled up.

“These are really expensive.” Adya said. “They cost a fortune down at the promenade. Tourists love them because in full bloom they smell heavenly.”

“Really?” Luke deadpanned and glanced over his shoulder, one eyebrow raised in curiosity. “And how do you know this?”

“The vendor said so. I pass by his shop every day.” She wrinkled her nose and sneezed and sneezed again. “Oh, wow.” Adya said. “I think I’m allergic.”

“What are these flowers called?” Luke asked. Because he was pretty sure Kyp wasn’t the flower type. Weapons of all sorts and chocolate cookies sure, but no flowers.

“Celsia Castanea.” Adya said.

Luke turned her way as he straightened to his full height, a really bad feeling settling into the pit of his stomach. He’d heard the name before only not in connection with a flower. “Are you sure?”

“Uh-huh. I remember because I like the sound of the name.” She was occupied with a pile of datacards and a datareader scattered haphazardly on the caf table in front of the small sofa. “The vendor said it meant immortal justice. Or something like that.”

Luke rubbed his temples and closed his eyes for a moment. Things seemed to be unraveling and the threads that he’d thought he’d held tightly in his hands were slowly slipping away. Celsia was the name of the lost settlement Luke and Kyp had been searching for in the first place. Was it a coincidence that he’d found a dying plant carrying the same name in Zeth Fosts’ room? Luke doubted it.

Which meant that this little piece of fauna was a clue. But a clue to what?

“Did you know that there are books about you?” Adya said. Luke glanced her way and noted how she sat comfortably on the sofa, one leg draped over the other while her fingers gingerly swooped along the datareaders’ small control window. Strands of light blond hair had come loose from the tight bun at the back of her head, framing her face.

“Yes.” Luke answered, turning away from the dead plant. “And movies, too.”

“Yes, autobiographies. But I mean the romance books.”

Adya’s words stopped him. He knew it’d be a bad idea to ask but he had to. Curiosity reared its ugly head. “Romance books?”

Adya held up the datareader. “Yes. Haven’t you heard of the Good Vs. Evil series?”

“Should I have?”

Adya suddenly sat up straight and her eyes were as wide as saucers. They were light blue, like the clear sky back home on Tattooine. “You’ve never heard of the Good Vs. Evil series? Oh my Stars! Where have you been all this time?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know. Saving the galaxy time and time again, perhaps?” He mumbled quietly. Adya obviously wasn’t listening because she rambled on.

“There are five books in the series so far and each one is about a Jedi. And said Jedi falls deeply and madly in love with a woman he has to save from the bad guys. It’s one of the most popular series out there.”

Luke stared at her, momentarily speechless.

“It’s so romantic.” Adya went on, grasping the datapad with both hands and closing her eyes. Her smile was radiant and a pinkish blush appeared on her cheeks. “The stories are so lovely. Average, normal women pulled out of their dull lives to live a beautiful adventure with the man of their dreams. Absolutely amazing.”

Still, Luke stared at her.

When she came back from whatever daydream had confused her and whisked her away from reality, Adya blushed. Her face resembled a red berry fruit. Quickly, she put the datapad aside and cleared her throat. “Yeah…you should read it sometime.”

Slowly, a small smile appeared on Luke’s face. It was really tiny but at least it was there. “Is there only one vendor on the promenade who sells these flowers?” He asked, jerking a thumb across his shoulder towards the rotting plant on the table.

“As far as I know, yes. He’s a really nice man. Why?”

“Maybe he keeps a record of sold goods.”

Adya frowned. “What’s so important about a plant?”

“Call it a hunch. Come on, let’s go.”

Jade_eyes , AzureAngel2

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Love Luke and Kyp sharing the stage/POVs. :)

Luke is a completely different counterbalance from Nikk. [face_laugh]

(A different kind of yum) [face_mischief]

14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like it that you weave your own love for books so perfectly into this story! :D

15. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I thought I replied to this already. Ack, I must have been reading your story on my phone. I hate writing a reply on my phone. Very nice Chapter. I can't believe Luke doesn't know about romance novels written about him. I am sure a Rogue would have sent him a copy just to tease him.;)

Can you please tag me when you update. Thanks!