main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas gives Indy V clue....

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jedibri, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Well sort of:

ComingSoon.net: You had huge success this summer with "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." Are you seriously thinking about another one? Harrison Ford's said there may be plans afoot.
    George Lucas: Yes - we're looking for a "MacGuffin," which is an object that he goes after. They're very hard to come by!

CS: Would you want to keep the whole family together for a film - Indy, Marion and Mutt?
    Lucas: It really depends on what it is Indy goes looking for and then how the story falls out of that, and then how convenient or inconvenient to have the group there.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Not really. A clue would be a hint as to what the McGuffin actually is or where the film is set. This is simply Lucas commenting that he's still looking for something.

3. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    It would be about the Illuminati to tie in with all the buzz of the film adaptation of Angels and Demons. Actually I have no clue but I am sure we will be delighted without a doubt. Maybe they should return back to Asia and maybe bring back Short Round?

4. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    I wonder what Short Round would be like as an adult. Perhaps he has his own sidekick, Long Square?

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Well we all know how long it took for George, Steven, and Harrison to agree on the MacGuffin of KOTCS (and it took them so long to develop alien crystal skulls!) So that answer could mean there never will be another movie.

If there is an Indy V--I would like it to resemble "Temple of Doom" in the sense that it is a true departure from its predecessor. I wouldn't want the new film to be some venture for the entire family.

-Seldon

6. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I think the next sequel should take place during the summer of love, as Indy, Mutt, and Marion travel to San Francisco to track down some rumored Super LSD that will turn hippies into bloodsucking zombies.

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Hahaha!! [face_laugh]

Another Indy would be great. Crystal Skull was phenomenal.

8. hansolorcks

hansolorcks Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2008
    well they should get on with Indy 5 because it would be exciting to continue on with the trilogy

9. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Following with the communism theme, it would be interesting to see Indiana and Mutt go to Red Square in Moscow. Sort of a parallel to journey to Berlin from "Last Crusade."

-Seldon

10. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    What would they look for in Moscow? Perhaps some sort of Russian sceptor that was used by Russian sorcerors in the ancient times?

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I keep seeing Short Round pop up in these discussions. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really don't want to see Shorty return. I felt he was a one time deal and to bring him back would make the film seem cheap somehow. I don't know. It just doesn't sit right with me.

12. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I'd agree that bringing Shorty back wouldn't be the best move. If I were making these films--I probably would not have brought Marion back. Really Sallah should have been the only recurring character because it made sense thematically (he was their go to guy for Egypt.) If there is another film--I'd prefer to see new characters.

-Seldon

13. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm seeing Indy 5 taking place behind the Iron Curtain as well, although I don't think Russia would let the film makers shoot in Moscow since the Soviets are the villains. My idea would be that Mutt has fallen for a Russian girl. She holds some clue to the whereabouts of a mythical treasure, maybe something tied into Rasputin and the downfall of Tsar Nicholas II. The girl makes a deal with Mutt and Indy. She'll help them find the treasure if they help her defect. Along the way the girl eventually falls in love with Mutt.

14. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

Since Indy's basically a grave robber, maybe he could take Lenin's body from it's Red Square tomb. :p The comedic possibilities are phenomenal. [face_devil]

15. skywalkerz

skywalkerz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    I see Indy and Mutt working together as father and son.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    You mean like a non-dysfunctional version of Indy and Henry from Last Crusade? :p

17. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    It would most likely be another relic from the Bible.

Raiders: The Ark

Temple: Stones

Crusade: Holy grail

Skull: Uuuummm Skull

V: ?

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, it would be great if they went back to a Biblical artifact. They seemed to have had the most success in terms of story.

19. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Indy V: Raiders of the Lost Ark 2 - The Noah Version.

20. Beirut

Beirut Jedi Master

Apr 8, 2005
    I think the Garden of Eden would be a good MacGuffin for Indy to go after. It was rumored back in the late 90's, hasn't been done to death in pop culture, and is something that just about everyone is familiar with.

21. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    The Garden of Eden would be hard to do. It's a place where as Indy looks for and finds objects. I think Excalibur would be cool. But, as I've said befor if they follow the Indy format it will be a Bible relic. Which is just fine with me.

22. Beirut

Beirut Jedi Master

Apr 8, 2005
    One rumored draft had Indy searching for the flaming sword which guarded Eden, and was mentioned in the book of Genesis. Much like the crystal skull of Akator, this would've been a logical way to include both an artifact and destination.

23. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000

Now that would be outstanding! We have a winner. Mr. Lucas do you read these forums? I know you have insite.

24. darthvecron

darthvecron Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2007
    While I too would like Indy to go after another Biblical artifact, I seriously don't think that there's going to be another Indy movie. I just don't see it.

25. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I think Indy should team up with a wacky scientist from California named Emmett Brown, who several years previously sent a young acquaintance traveling through time...twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.