main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Luke's Lightsaber - To Launch into Space

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Yodaa, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Just thought the rest of the community would like to know this little piece of history. If you had dreams of owning Luke Skywalker's Original lightsaber (yes the prop used in Star Wars - Return of the Jedi) you might have a long trip ahead of you to obtain it.

It has been announced that during this 30th Anniversary year, Luke Skywalker?s original lightsaber will be onboard Space Shuttle Discovery in October which is NASA's next scheduled space flight. On August 28th during a simple ceremony at Oakland International Airport, Chewbacca and several other characters handed this masterpiece over to NASA.

"Humm... A hunt I sense... millions of fans, can I see. Traveling to the stars they must, to find an ancient relic they will. Owned it was, by a revered master of the force. Seek it they shall, die trying they might. For a long journey it it will be, among the stars in the vastness of space." -Yodaa

Now that would be a galactic hunt, like looking for a needle in a haystack.

For more information, check out the official Star Wars: BLOG

2. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    I've read several different articles on this venture and each one has left me scratching my head. I think it is great that they are taking it up as long as it is not left up there. That would be a waste of a good lightsabre.

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Even though it's just a good lightsabree?

[face_monkey]

4. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    A "lightsabree?" Well they wouldn't want to ditch that, it's the only one of it's kind!!!

[face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.