main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lunch with Chewie tomorrow-Who's interested?

Discussion in 'Archive: Greensboro, NC' started by spooky-kid, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Well we locals have the oppurtunity to buy Peter Mayhews lunch tomorrow and eat with him.While I'm trying to figure out the details-Is there anyone that's even interested? Let me know ASAP.

spooky-kid(jason cain) [face_devil]
    Winston-Salem FanForce

2. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    There is nothing I would love more, but unfortunately, I have to work until 1pm, so I doubt I could make it in time, let me know the details anyway just in case. I might be able to leave around noon. Man, I hope I can go, that would be great!

Chris

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    How many of you from G-boro are coming to the convention tomorrow?

spooky-kid [face_devil]

4. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    There should be 3 or 4 of us. Any more details on lunch yet?

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Not yet. I'm not going to the convention-that's why I'm trying to organize it outside of that time frame. I (or someone)need(s) to call Slanted Fedora Ent.(913-441-9405) and find out what time would be best to not interfer with the convention/celebrity signings. I was originally trying to get it scheduled for after the convention but haven't heard back from Angie(Peters' wife) I've only been talking with her so far through e-mail. She's been so nice.
    Anyways-if this were to work out. I would do it diffrently than the way we did it at IQM2. I would say everyone pays for their own meal and we would all split Peters' tab. I think that would be more fair for the people with not as much money.
    Where would we want to eat? If anyone else would wanna help organize this please do. I'm at work and can't call the long distance call to SFE. If someone calls LMK what info you found out. If Angie e-mails me back while I'm at work, I'll post it immediately.

Spooky-Kid [face_devil]

6. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Just looking over the convention schedule it looks like the best time would be after the convention is over around 5pm or so. Just see what Peter prefers I guess, maybe they all get lunch breaks from the convention during the day. Seems like they have everything planned out, and there really wouldnt be much free time during the convention go get away for lunch with Peter. I hope we can get it all worked out, I think it would be a great experience. Thats a good idea for everyone to chip in on Peter's lunch or dinner and his wife's if she is there with him. I suggest somewhere semi-nice, like Tripps or O'Charleys, but not too outrageously expensive. Or we could eat wherever Peter wants, we all know its not wise to upset a Wookie!

Keep me posted!

Chris

7. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Just remember you will have to pay for both Peter and Angie.

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    We would/will but, I don't think it's gonna happen. Maybe if it was a 2 day convention there would've been a better chance of it happening.

spooky [face_devil]

9. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Yeah, I was afraid of that, since it is a one day convention and he has to be in Raleigh the next morning, he may be too pressed for time. Maybe it can work out, we tried, I also emailed them expressing an interest in the Winston and Greensboro FanForces taking him and his wife out to eat while they were in town, I left my contact info as well Spooky. May the Force be with us.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.