main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Majesty and Decay - The Saga of the Nameless Lands Volume 2

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ramza, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Henry the Winebringer

The first thing Henry did when the castle started shaking was hit the ground, then he remembered that in the grand scheme of things, dropping to the ground would do little in protecting him from an earthquake. He got on one knee and peered out one of the windows and clicked his teeth, which, in retrospect, would seem something weird to do at what he eventually saw.

There were flying animals, magic being thrown all over the place, and little people on the ground claiming revenge. For their lack of stature, they made up for it in attitude, beards, and, judging from their attack, intense planning of castle assaults. The elf Winebringer did not know what exactly to do, but he would most likely start where everyone else was:

By running out of the castle to avoid death.

As panicking went, Henry panicked quite terribly, for he had a calm mind, but was merely worried about his comrades' safety. He ran into the room that his Duke had ordered him to go to to call Kriv and Finde. He smelled some delightful as he turned the corner into the room, but ignored it. "Masters, I think we should be leaving. We appear to be under attack from some rather angry gnomes." A pause...he thought. What was that thing warriors were supposed to do in the case of an attack on their kingdom?...Ah, he remembered.

"Would his Masters care to join me in a bit of defense of the land by foreign invaders?" Henry the Winebringer was already pulling his axe from his shoulders. He was a warrior at heart and if he had had a facebook at this particular moment his status would read something like:

Damn gnomes attacking castle. No lol. No texts or calls plz. Status: Pissed.

Tag: Kahn, Kev, Ramza

2. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    OOC: I apologize for this post taking so long.

Amilan Nagrah
    Order of Light

"If I remember the news correctly," Amilan began, "This group of like-minded individuals are a force for good, and while good and evil are mostly relative, I believe our first mistake would be to think of them as enemies. If we install Susan upon the throne by a path of blood, then the only direction for that path to take shall be more blood. She will have no choice but to hold onto her position by use of blood, and her children will likewise have no choice but to defend their claim with blood, or allow themselves to be displaced."

He thought for a moment, as monks often do, breathing slowly and evenly as his mind churned. "This... Team Sea Slug are of two types. They either make decisions with a good amount of thought and preparation, or they are very lucky and their luck is matched only by their stupidity. If they are the latter, then we must be wary of them, but not fear them. If they are the former than I would assume that House Black appeals to their own morals and alliances. I doubt if they thought the Count an evil man, they would not have allied with him. Given that they have not only survived but accumulated such an impressive reputation, then my money is their 'type' being the former."

Goodness this speech was odd, but Amilan was a monk after all. He excelled at giving odd speeches. And making tea. And making funny anecdotes that nobody understood. "My advice is to contact this group. There is no better way to gauge someone's motivations than to ask them directly. If this group's reputation is what the common tongue says it is, there may be a way to allow them to further their own goals while we achieve ours as well. It is very probable, after all, that given their reputation they would prefer a bloodless solution to this dispute as much as we do. Or as much as I hope 'we' do." He said, giving a glance towards the Hand and Brother Silence.

"In fact, I volunteer to be the messenger. Sending Susan's body guard would be a convincing show of peace and would certainly allow us to proceed down the least bloody path available, especially if this group of individuals has some sway with the Count. Additionally, while I am Susan's personal guard, I am also still a member, albeit an absent member, of my monastery. My monastery, while allied with the Order, is not an official part of the order and thus makes me the most neutral party we have on hand. Those who would receive the message should perceive me as far less of a threat than any other Order messenger. Finally, I am also the most able to defend myself should they either attack on sight, assuming my message in bad faith, or if our conversation goes poorly."

He then looked towards Susan, giving her a questioning look. "Susan, of course, has the final say. She would have to rely upon the regular order guard in my absence, none of whom are quite as capable as I would be should an attack befall her."

He then looked up and surveyed the rest of the room to gauge their reaction to his suggestion.

TAG: Ramza; OdRevus

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Notice:

No, the game's not ending, calm down. However, my course load this semester is potentially pretty heavy, and as I resume classes next Monday, coupled with some pre-semester assignments and the... uh... "joys" of being a first-time apartment renter, I need to take a couple of weeks off. I fully intend to be back and updating as soon as things settle into a nice groove, so feel free to take advantage of this opportunity to update without a looming deadline, so to speak.

For those of you who feel this bears an uncanny resemblance towards what started to occur near the untimely demise of a previous project... there were no previous projects. Goldstein is an enemy of the state. Napoleon is always right. There were no previous projects. Four legs good, two legs better. I hear it's really amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on hara-kiri rock. I NEED SCISSORS! SIXTY! ONE!

~Ramza

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.