main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Make Flyboy a Mod!

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by The Flying Dutchman, Dec 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    So according to Darthcleo the European General Forum will one day history...
    Man this IS confusing :(

2. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    The rules aplly to cities and stuff the way they are in the U.S.A whitch is wrong IMHO any way ar'nt american cities like the size of britain????

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

3. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    But the rules will be adapted to european needs, won't they?

4. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    There'll have to be adapted to European needs. Maybe we could do it by region. For example England - South East. What we have to remember that most European countries are the size of a large US state. Our cities (excluding capitals) tend to be smaller than US cities. If I set up a city forum for my city, I'd be the rep purely because I suspect I'd be the only one voting!!!!

5. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    "city" could be redefined, yes.

We're open to suggestions.
    One proposal was to have an RSA (regional level) based on language, instead of country. That way, small countries like Liechtenstein (and I'm 99.9% sure I've spelled it wrong) won't be required to have an RSA and city reps.

But we're listening.. How should Europe be organised?

6. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Huh, actually, darthcleo, I think you spelled it correctly!

Dividing Europe... why not waiting a little, so that we could see whether there's more forums needed, and where?

7. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Not to underplay the importance of the other European forums, Cleo or other admins, but the UK is by far the most active European section. Perhaps you ought to keep the UK, French and German sections, and divide the rest of Europe up as follows:
    West Europe (Spain and Portugal)
    Central Europe (Belgium, Leichenstein, Italy, etc)
    Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, etc)
    Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, and so on)

8. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    For now, Belgians post in the french forum... they're full members of our community... so maybe a french-speaking european section would confirm a situation that already exists. Nevertheless, it's up to *them* to choose!

Thus said, the geographic sections are a good idea.

9. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    WOW i got a point across! and people agreed! OMG!! if anyone finds out that im a strange madman they would never let that happen again!!!!

heres an idea, i dont know about the rest of europe not because im a brit who only cares about britain but because ive never lived in any other country! but i have lived in britain and still do so i can advice on how to run things in britain.

The rules say that you need 3 people at least and come on how active would a forum for 3 people who live near each other be???
    what if Britain was a chapter but there was more then one group in that area? and all the groups could meet up and members of the groups could meet up and be one chapter but hardly meet with all the members!

is that a good idea??

10. JeldiMaster

JeldiMaster Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2001
    Yes. Scandanavia will never join our legion! The Jeldi Master will not allow it! Actully, they may. Why should any country be unprivalliged to enter our honoured forum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.