main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan club- reborn!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thanos6, Nov 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    We had a bit of a troll problem in here this morning, but Vertical took care of it for us. Thank you very much, Vertical!

Lucars: You can edit your messages now. :)

Let's get back to talking about Mara, shall we? Remember not to post Conquest spoilers in here for at least a week (there are other threads for that). I'm excited to see whether or not they'll discuss baby names in it. As Frodo has pointed out several times, most Earth couples pick out names long before the baby arrives. However, I suppose that there may be more important issues when you're fighting an intergalactic war. ;)

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    More likely, they'll get banned.

3. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    Please leave the threads with your little hate war before they close it down.

4. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I'm taking care of it. Slowly, but I'm getting it. Not to worry.

Vertical

5. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Thank you very much.

6. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Sorry for the mess, folks. The trolls have been banned. Carry on!

Vertical

7. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    All hail Vertical. :D

8. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    What has happened???? But I guess I know :(

Thanks you guys,Marie, Lucars, Vertical and you guys from the EU.Defense Force!!!
    We certainly are grateful for your help!! Thanks again!!

Geez I've read in the EU force tread that he/she (troll) got the same name "Frodo"
    I hope you don't think that's my "sock"!!! :(

9. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    A Couple of A-holes in here flameing the thread with curse words and other crap.

10. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    Vertical thanx, does it get like this alot here or just a few times?

I can't edit my last posts but I think we should leave them the way they are to remind people what can happen to flamers and to show them what just happened, they must be Trekkies. first they hit the chat rooms set up for Star Wars then they hit Jedi Talk and now they filter in here.

It's a shame they can stoop to this kind of level, their own site is sooooo boreing they need to come here and flame us. Sorry for the off topic, I need to get the new book how is it any good? Can't wait till the week end so I can get it.

11. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    I'm not sure what happened here, but I'm glad I missed it.

I finally got Conquest, but I haven't started reading it yet. Are all the paperbacks going to be this short? Sheesh! Oh well, as long as it's good, then I guess it doesn't matter how many pages it has.

Frodo:
    I don't think anyone would believe that you would create a 'sock' for the purpose of trolling. I wouldn't worry about anyone thinking it was you.

baby names:
    Who knows, maybe they'll wait until after the baby is born before deciding on a name.

12. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    How short are they? I hope not too short :(

Well gotta go for now, need ta get ready for work.

13. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    There seem to be a lot of enemies of Mara on this board, alas, as well as a good number of them outside it. However if I don't mind trying to demonstrate reasonable people why I think they're wrong, I sometimes wonder when trolls will cease to exist.

While I'm still at it, I'll be joining your chorus : Mara Jade Skywalker rocks !

14. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Jasses I feel very down, Marie told me what happened in the MJFC today.
    Oh well hopefully those trolls will not comeback again. I hope the other threads catch on the MJFC with their postcount,perhaps our thread will be more safe for the EU bashers or whatever a group they were then.The earlier the better for this thread it is to be unnoticed. :(

Lordban, welcome join in whenever you like.Yes I know this is not a popular thread in the Lit. and outside the Forum.
    We cann?t stop them from disliking us,but we from our side try to respect other opinions. Sure we?ve made certainly mistakes in the past too,regarding them who dislike the character Mara Jade and this thread. But we never entered another thread and trolling like this. Well I hope we can get together along with other threads/forums peacefully in the future.
    But I think we can use some good advice. Thanks :D

Lucars have a good time on your work!! No don?t worry, it happen not to often that we have visit from them :D

Spicelord the MJ Yahoo group are a very nice bunch of peope.I?m sure you?ll feel very well there.
    But just in the old days of the MJFC there are lot of posting coming. So alot to catch on. [face_laugh]
    Glad to see ya and of course the other members too!
    And I forgot Narggawa-kai, sorry, you too WELCOME!!

Ah well sorry for the posting of spoilers of Conquest. Seems to be my fault,I?ve requested it too early,MY APOLOGIZE . The new ones cann?t be to blame for it of course.

Hmm I'm not so sure, but the Conquest paperback contain only 304 pages! Hope to read more of Mara?s
    baby and his name in Conquest.

Hope thanks my friend!! :D
    And great that you got Conquest,hopefully I can get mine soon too.I think I can get it
    in about two weeks here in Germany.

Tallie I dunno,sounds cool your describtion of Mara?s child,but I only cann?t imagine a Skywalker male with red hair. But it?s because it?s unusually. Well I?m looking forward for Rebirth.Hope we?ll see more of the details. If you win I post alot of redheads in this thread! I mean if this thread still exist. You never know [face_laugh]

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS
    CURE MARA!!

15. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    Ummm well this is what happens when I'm forced into classes....what the heck did I miss? What's all this about trolls and Trekkies? If someone'de clue me in I'de be grateful....I despise being out of the loop :0)

Red hair better on girls? I'de have to disagree with you there, I think guys look great with red hair. That's my point exactly, too many characters in the Star Wars universe have blonde hair, little Skycrawler needs to be completely original. At first I pictured Luke and Mara's kids with the Disney 'boys like dad' and 'girls like mom' idea but then I though why not mix it up? Give their son the red hair and blue eyes combo and their daughter (if that happens) the blonde hair green eys....or give them both red hair, that'de really set them apart. This kid is important he NEEDS to be different, besides I really love the red haired boy idea, probably cause I just have a thing for red heads. Still you have to admit a little red headed Skywalker would be priceless.

As for names I think it's important they lay off the naming after thing, Leia already did that (Anakin) so it'de be just wierd if they named him Ben or something like that, of coarse this is just my opinion, I'm sure many of you might disagree. I've just got this vision of Anakin Solo and Obi-Wan Skywalker......too much copying for me to swallow :0)

16. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    Spcielord, good to see you! So Conquest has some satisfying Luke and Mara scenes early on, huh? That's a good sign. I'll probably be able to buy it this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it.

Lordban, welcome! Yeah, it's a weird atmosphere in which to be a Mara fan right now, but attitudes tend to shift over time, I think.

Marie, you and TK are definitely welcome to post my couple of Tales at the yahoogroup! Sorry I didn't get back to you about that earlier. I had one about Myn and Lara and one about Luke and Mara's wedding announcement, and both of those are fair game. I really will visit the yahoogroup someday!

Meanwhile, well, I know most of us are hoping that either Luke or Mara (or both) will get to stay with their child more or less continuously, but how much do you think they'll be able to be together during her pregnancy? (This would be partially answered by Conquest, but nevertheless...) Does anyone think that the author will pull some silly plot device and not let them be in the same place at the same time during the delivery?

17. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Afternoon everyone!
    Tallie, well seems that flamers entered the MJFC yesterday,but we don?t know exactly where they came from or which group they belong. It was good for us that members of the EU defense Force,Marie and Lucars reacted so fast,so that Vertical was here so soon. Hm the EU defense force are members of another thread,but they've helped us. I wonder,should I try to join them??? But if then I've to help to defend the EU,and that means DEBATE,and I'm afraid I'm not the best in that. :(

Quiet here yesterday huh,seems some of the members were busy with reading Conquest. :)

I?d rather too want to have an original name for Mara?s child than having him named after the former mentor of Luke. As if Mara hasn?t any choice,I mean what does the name Ben or the man behind that name means to Mara??? I suppose absolutly nothing! That?s why I think it?s wrong to named him after Ben. I would hate that.
    The name should mean something to both,and I cann?t imagine the authors refused this point regarding the name of Mara?s child.

I wonder though, who will be the person that have the honour to give Mara?s baby his name???
    I thought GL would be the best person for this job,but if he won?t, I doubt that an author alone should decide that name,and I hope LFL/DelRay should not decide the name influenced by Fanpolls!!
    Look at what you get by polls for example: You only get a handful of names,which you have choosen from, no matter if you like them or not .
    That?s unfair.
    Here?s the name of Ben that won unfortunately sigh,at least imo.

http://www.theforce.net/books/surveys/poll2.shtml

Hopefully we can read in the upcoming book not only the name of that child,but why Mara and luke want to calling him so. Would be an interesting info. :)

MARA JADE SKYWALKER ROCKS!

CURE MARA

18. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Good morning,

I finished Conquest last night and I have to say that it was pretty good. It really didn't have that hopeless feeling of the previous books. For the first time, I'm actually starting to think that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Frodo:
    I was wondering the same thing. You will have the honor of naming the baby? Will the author (Keyes) choose the name or will it be chosen by a committe. Will they put a bunch of names in a hat and then have someone pull one out. Or will they be lazy and just go with Ben.

Artemis:
    Yes, I believe at some point they will be seperated. I really wouldn't mind this too much because I'm dying to see Luke in action (come on, who doesn't want to see Luke in the cockpit of an X-Wing again) and I can't imagine that he would drag Mara and a newborn into battle. I'm a little worried that the authors will most likely resort to the kidnapping plotline. I think it must be a rite of passage for the Solo/Skywalker kids to be kidnapped at least once during their childhood.

19. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    I read all of Conquest once and re-read parts of it once. It is much brighter in comparason to the majority of the NJO.

Hope: I hope Skycrawler isnt kidnapped. I'll be upset if they do.

20. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    I don't want to see him kidnapped either that plot line has been over done.

21. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Spicelord ?the new Essential guide earlier today? Ahh probably Spicelord isn?t around anymore,but I?d like to ask if any mention of Mara was in it!

Artemis ?Meanwhile, well, I know most of us are hoping that either Luke or Mara (or both) will get to stay with their child more or less continuously, but how much do you think they'll be able to be together during her pregnancy? (This would be partially answered by Conquest, but nevertheless...) Does anyone think that the author will pull some silly plot device and not let them be in the same place at the same time during the delivery??

1)Well ist a hard time,and it?s sure that Luke has to organized that Yavin should be evacuated, But I see no reasons that Mara while pregnant couldn?t stay with him all the time. I mean Luke isn?t the young warrior in his X-Wing anymore. He?s getting old and is head of the Jedi. So he should doing more bureaucratic work,and not fighting against the Yuuzhan Vong himself imo. But to organize it. And to deal with politicians and smugglers to get the Jedi padawans save out of Yavin,well that means a lot of work too. And he has to deal with the fact that among the Jedi are problems rising. So he should stay there,not in the frontline.,but among the Jedi itself to give them mental aid. And I think Mara could help him mental too, while and be the strong woman behind him. I?m sure that it would help him alot if she?s there with him,so that he knows what going on with her ,than to be a away from him and he has to worried and guessing what could happen with Mara. Well Mara herself was second in the smuggler organisation,I?m sure the result of that experience could help Mara and her husband alot to find ally everywhere in the galaxy,if friends under the legal NR Government are rare to be find. That?s my opinion why I think they should stay together during their pregnancy,as long as Luke can manage to get the Jedi out of the hands of the Yuuzhan Vong.

2)Oh well the birth of Mara?s child could given authors lot of chances to write dramatic plots,even if not needed imo. I?d be really annoyed if Mara and luke couldn?t be together during the delivery. Han and Leia were able to be together with the birth of all their 3 babies. It?s not fair if the authors decide to treaten Mara and Luke different on that issue. Hasn?t Mara and Luke enough problems to deal with the fact that that silly disease could have a deep impact on the baby?? In the period of the Bantam books it?s predictable that how big,worst and menacing the problems for Luke, Mara, Han and Leia are,we always knows that it went good for our heroes.Now with the Del Ray series everything is possible. I think that Mara and luke have suffering alot enough and have to wait a long time before getting a real happy relationship,and now the possibility is there that things could turned out different for the heir of the Skywalker,while DelRay tend to be to more real life,and no happy ending. And I?m afraid, not even a happy delivery! But I hope I?m wrong.

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS

CURE MARA

22. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hope and PDK thanks for your info on Conquest!! I'm glad that Greg Keyes was able to give us new hope regarding the NJO novels.Perhaps turned it out not that bad for Mara and Luke!! :)
    I suppose that BP was the turning point and the story line for our heroes going out well now. [face_laugh]

MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS
    CURE MARA!!!

23. Lucars

Lucars Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    Hey guys, any flammers todat torun off. :)

People can really suck, I'm sorry that was uncalled for. How somw people can get so bored with their own lives they need to do thing like this.

Ohwell, I still need that book, I can't wait it trives me crazy haveing to wait so long for a new book :( sorry I can be obsessive at times illness of mine.

24. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    And I don't understand why people could hate Mara Jade so much that they haven't themself under control and take actions like that from yesterday. There are alot of Mara haters on this Lit.forum,but most of them shows respect for the opinion of the ones who like her and don't entered this thread.I don't care if they have Mara hate threads,as long as they write reasonable post.

CURE MARA!!!
    MARA SKYWALKER ROCKS!!!!!! [face_laugh]
    Oh you're not the only obsessed one Lucars [face_laugh], me too, I hardly cann't wait to get Conquest and read the passages with Mara and Luke in it!! :)

25. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Frodo:
    You really think Luke is too old to be out fighting the Vong? He has plenty of years left in him. I think it's inevitable that we will see Luke swinging his lightsaber in battle before this series is over (and I will be disappointed if he didn't). I think they will be seperated for a bit at some point, but if better not be during the delivery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.