main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX March Fan Force Meeting, Book Signing and Movie

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Our March Fan Force Meeting will be taking place on Saturday, March 10 at 4 p.m.. Please note that this is one week earlier than we usually meet due to the convention in Dallas the following weekend. Our meeting will also be held in conjunction with Tom Hodges' book signing at Borders in the Alamo Quarry Market If you have a costume, please dress up. There will most likely be several 501st members there in armor, and I know Tom would love to have us there in costume. We'll be there to support Tom, check out his new book, take pictures with customers and just hang out and discuss upcoming events.

After the signing, at about 6pm, we will be heading over to the new Palladium at the Rim to see "300" on the big IMAX screen! I'll post a link with ticket purchase information. If you plan on going to the movie, please buy your ticket in advance because they will most likely sell out quickly. Also keep in mind that the tickets for the IMAX will be $11 + a service charge. I know it's expensive, but it sounds like it will be worth it to see this on a huge screen.

Please email me at jedigroupie@hotmail.com if you have any questions.
    See you on Saturday!
    Lisa

2. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Okay, I just looked and they just put up a showing of "300" at Noon on Saturday. Do we want to go to the early showing and then go to the meeting and book signing? It doesn't matter to me, but we do need to decide soon. Please keep in mind that since this is an IMAX showing, there is no matinee price. The cost is still $11.00 + $1.45(service charge)= $12.45

So the question is NOON or 7:30 P.M?

3. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Oh God I wish I had a Leia costume. I would love to join you. Maybe I'll just stop by to say Hi.

4. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Screw the costume! Just go you big hider! Just wear a Star Wars or geek shirt and show up eh? Were gonna see Tom do his thing then get to watch a Frank Miller masterpiece brought to life!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I need to know what time we are going to see the movie. Anytime is fine for me. Let's decide cause I will drop all of you and go catch this movie on my own if I have to. I'm already waiting until Saturday as it is.

5. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Okay, since no one said anything about the time for the movie, I'm going to say we stick with the 7:30pm showing. I'm going to be getting tickets for me and my mom (Yes, my mom will actually be making an appearance! Yay!) So get your tickets early, it's going to be crowded.

To get your tickets go to http://www.santikos.com/sites/flashindex.htm
    Choose Palladium IMAX
    There is also a link to a map
    Click on Showtimes/Online tickets
    Choose date March 10
    Make sure you are buying tickets for the 7:30pm IMAX showing of 300. They have it on 2 other regular screens, too.
    The tickets are $12.45 per person. (I know, they are expensive and it sucks, but the movie looks awesome!)

Let me know if you have any questions about directions or the book signing.

See you Saturday!
    Lisa

P.S. - Cynthia, the lack of a costume is no excuse! We want to see you at the meeting, even if you don't look like Princess Leia!

6. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    It won't let me buy them online so I'm going down there in person and picking up my tickets. It'll give me an excuse to scout the joint. Pray that I don't buckle and give in to the Geek Side and go see the midnight show tonight. :-B

7. DarthCynthia72

May 2, 2005
    Okay , okay I'll "try" to squeeze y'all in. Jeez.o_O

8. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    just bought out Tickets...see you all at the movies!
    [face_dancing]

9. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I have read and seen reviews of the movie and everyone is saying is a true masterpiece! We shall watch a great film in the company of true friends!

This is gonna be awesome. It should make up for Marvel killing Capt. America.

10. DarthCynthia72

May 2, 2005
    Alas, I won't be able to join y'all for the movie. Dave is going to a RCW wrestling event tonight & I can't take the girls to see the movie.

I've seen the trailer, OH MY GOD!! I HAVE GOT TO SEE THAT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.