main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY March Meetup

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Feb 9, 2013.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay a little something different (well not too different) for March. I saw online that the Louisville Arcade Expo was going to be returning this year March 8-10 and for once I'm off this weekend and thought I would check it out.
    http://www.arcaderx.com/

I saw it's at the same hotel ConGlomeration is at and thought "What the heck...I'll get a room and we can have a room party". So here's the deal...Saturday March 9 will be the LGA room party. Just us and invited guests like we normally do. No planned agenda unless there's something someone wants to do/suggest. I'll bring some sodas and order some pizza from Wicks downstairs and we can enjoy each other's company. Like usual you don't have to attend the show to come to the room party. The expo is only $13 for a one day pass (prereg) so that's pretty reasonable. I plan to check it out Saturday and then leave around 3PM to get checked in and do room set up. So PM me the best way to contact you when I know the room number and we'll get together sometime about 7PM.

And yeah I still plan to do it again in April for ConGlomeration :)

March Meetup at Louisville Arcade Expo
    Saturday March 9 at 7PM
    Ramada Hotel 9700 Bluegrass Parkway

Questions? Comments? Who can make it?

2. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    If I can make it, I'm on board. I'm starting to have truck issues, so I'm 50%/50% right now on if I'll be there.

3. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    I'm always up for some games and a party!:p
    Sounds like fun!

4. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    I'm sure my lovely consort will attend however; myself will be out of town during that time but my spirt will be there in the corner enjoying everyone company..

5. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Well, I didnt want to speak for myself pal but I'm in. [face_dancing]

6. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Hopefully I will be able to make this one..

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That would be good, haven't seen you in forever it seems.

Anyone else? Jammies ? Twisty?

8. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm in. Both Brandy and myself were planning on going to this anyway, so it just makes it that much better to have a meetup as well. Can't think of anything better than video games and my LGA peeps. Perfection my friend!!!!!

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Ahem....Jammies?

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay we're less than a week away. So PM me the number to best reach you at when I know my room number and I'll call you.

11. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I can't wait for this! Especially after watching Wreck It Ralph, I am in the mood for some old school retro gaming!!!!!

12. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, sorry. I had the flu, and was off line for a few weeks. [face_sick]

Wouldn't miss it!

Jammies

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry to hear you were sick...glad to hear you can make it.

14. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    You just gotta be there Jammies. We can all burn the mouse in effigy. Plus, LGA and old school video games!!!!!!!

15. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    I"m gonna go hang out down at the St. Paddys day parade before hand with my daughter... but I'll be there around 7:00 to 8:00pm. See you all then! [face_batting]

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I hope everyone can make it to this room party as it's looking like I will NOT have one for ConGlomeration. They are really going downhill. So try and make it out if you can!

17. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I will be down at the St. Patrick's Parade as well so not sure when I will be there.

18. Estreya

Estreya Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2012
    Bad news doesn't look like Evan and I will be able to make it out tonight. We just got moved into a new apartment, we have to organize so that insight can come out tomorrow.

Really wish we could make it out. This con sounds pretty awesome!

Hope you all have a fun time.

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry we missed you. The expo was neat. Lots of old school games. Only problem I had is they were maybe a little too successful in promoting it...it was very crowded Saturday and difficult to find an open game to play (and find parking outside). Maybe next year I'll try it on Friday or Sunday when it's not likely to be as crowded.

Room party was great, nice friendly mellow vibe as we celebrated a surprise life day party for our two favorite nerf herders--Mindtister and Jammies. Thanks to Brandi and 11-11 for putting it together and everyone who made it out. I had a great time with you all.

20. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    You guys are the best!!!! I was very surprised, as was Jammies...lol. This is the first time I ever had a life day party thrown, so it was definitely a surprise to me. Thanks to every singe one of you who were involved in this. Brandy, 11, and Mika especially, because apparently you guys are the sneakiest....lol!

So yeah, it was absolutely even better than I had expected. I missed everyone who didn't get to show up. Can't wait to see you all again!

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Party follow up...
    I just checked out the Taylor Swift/Screaming Goat mash up

I think I peed myself laughing so hard

I hate you all

22. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    LOL!!!! It was funny, and there are so many more screaming goat mashups out there too!

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  24. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh muh goodness!! I'm so very sorry to have missed this! That cake is the absolute best ever! How in the Galaxy can I ever top that one! Looks like the birthday party was a huge success! You all are the best, the very best! [face_dancing]