main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Mario

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Liz Skywalker, Dec 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    What do you all feel about Mario Lemieux coming back to the Penguins?

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I think its awesome, as long as he is still as good as he was.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I think it's great that he's coming back, but I can't help but think that it's a short term ploy to get fans in the seats.

4. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I think he'll spur the life needed the bring the Pens back to their feet. Jagr at the very least will perform better.

5. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Jagr will definately benefit, lately he hasn't been at the top of his game.

6. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I agree, Rox.

7. JediCrazy

JediCrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    i'm very excited!! i remember watching them raise his jersey. although jagar is my fav player, i think mario is awesome!!!

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Did you hear that Jagr asked to be traded right before the Mario comeback got announced?

9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I didn't hear that!

10. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    If mario is as good as he was.. they say his back or feet werent as bad as they were.. pens are gonna kick some mad ass again... does any one think it was set up that the OLD JERSEY AND LEMEIUX came back the sam year???? THE CUP IS OURS

11. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I think so!

12. WessidePat

WessidePat Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    It is a great time for the Burgh. Mario is my god. Now I will have to buy the new third jersey with his name on it, even though I got the Straka one already.

Jagr only wanted traded until he found out Mario was coming back. He wasn't going to get it anyways. ;)

13. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, I'm glad another person is happy about that!

14. WessidePat

Apr 8, 1999
    Holy shxt, there is no doubt in my mind that we won't make a strong run for the Cup now. Mario is on fire! 1 G, 1A already, and it's only in the second period!!

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I know!! That was awesome!

16. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    MARIO is awesome...

33 seconds into the game and an assist...

i love that man!

and that goal he got from the jagr pass was the sweetet goal i have seen in a while!!

mario and jagr have some sort of mental connection the have always been able to hook up

and we shut out the leafs.. what are they 2nd in the league??

lets keep up the good work pens!!

17. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Exactly, Gohan! Go Pens!

18. WessidePat

Apr 8, 1999
    Game two of his comeback is tomorrow and it has felt like an eternity since the first game. Damnit I want to see the game now!

19. grendelsfork

grendelsfork Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    i just got a new mario road jersey, i like the white triangle coming up the side. the only thing was-199$-ouch

20. WessidePat

Apr 8, 1999
    You mean the new 3rd jersey? They have them with Lemieux now? That makes sense, seeing they said they would have them in January. I have a Straka one, I must also get the Lemieux one too. Hehe. I have a Jagr home jersey as well.

21. grendelsfork

Dec 21, 2000
    i got it from nhl.com, but you have to look for it. i found it in one of those pop up ads while on nhl.com. they have the home jersey in the regular place, but i like the black one

22. grendelsfork

Dec 21, 2000
    i went to the game tonight and mario scored the first goal and the pens won!! man, i sreiously suggest for all of you to go to a game this year. its like the playoffs! if anyone want to organise a game to go to im with ya. i have to go to more games this year for sure, it was sooo fun. also i found out there s something called a game pack or something where you get a nice discount for ten tickets. if a few people can go and bring their freinds well have 10 for sure. its the top row but everyone sits together and the tickets are only like 38$.

23. WessidePat

Apr 8, 1999
    I have been to five games thus far this season. Those were all before Mario came back and all the fair-weather fans came out. My friend and I try to go to as many as we can. Since his return, we haven't been able to get tickets once. We now have been forced to buy tickets at regular price instead of the usual awesome student rush price. Paid 80 bucks for B17 for the game against the cry babies after the All-Star Game, instead of the 20 or 24 we would have for the same seats or better with the student rush program. I hate all the goddamn fair-weather fans!

FXCK PHILLY!!

24. grendelsfork

Dec 21, 2000
    im no fair weather fan, heck i went to the airport the night they won the lord stanleys cup, and i saw the person fall to their death(anyone remember that?). i plan on going to more games soon, but tickets are hard to come by. my whole family are die hard fans and my sisters bro and mom all went. my bro got us tickets months ago for my birthday and my sisters. i hope you werent refering to me as a fair weather fan because tht couldnt be further from the truth. i love pittsburgh sports and i evan went to every steeler game the year we went to the super bowl, and i only missed the game where we lost to the chargers in the playoffs because tickets were 300 more than i had. it helped that i lived above peppis sandwich shop on western avevue that year, i eve smoked a ***** with justin strelzick

25. WessidePat

Apr 8, 1999
    I didn't refer to anyone in particular as a fair-weather fan. But of course, they all only come out because Mario came back. That's all I said, just be more alert in reading and not so defensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.