main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Marvel to acquire Star Wars comics/graphic novels license in 2015

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rew, Jan 3, 2014.

1. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    But they usually include the entire series. KOTOR as 1 giant collection....Legacy as one giant collection. etc

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
  3. Darth Nyad

Darth Nyad Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 4, 2013
    I'm not a fan of DC's "New 52", and I like several other Independents like Top Cow. But if you look at the "BIG 2", DC is much better than Marvel.

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    A sad day, just got more sad, despite the fact this was expected...

Ryus and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No. Have you ever read a 40-issue Omnibus? The Simonson Thor one I have, while it's brilliant, ought to have etched on the side Whosoever Lifts This Book Is Worthy Of The Power Of Thor!

The best size for Omnibus editions is 600-700, which collects 30-35 issues at a time.

Hmm... Nah, Marvel's getting 7 buys out of me, DC is getting 2 - Snyder's Batman and All-Star Western, but....

If you've started reading DC with the New 52 titles, I can understand why it perhaps impresses more. Those who were reading DC before their reboot have issues over the execution i.e. me.

6. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    exactly I love the new 52 it's easy to read and not complicated. the characters are good and look amazing.

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Ah they could have told the same story and make it just as disturbing without the excess of violence actually show, implications and what the readers mind does with it would have been enough, but what is done is done.

Gamiel likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The problem, in a nutshell, is DC didn't spend enough time winding down the previous incarnation so plots were hurriedly concluded or just left hanging which is infuriating.

Darth Nyad likes this.
  9. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    !

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    We're talking Garth Ennis here, off the leash, really? o_O But out of curiosity, was Rucka's run of the regular title better?

11. Darth Nyad

Jan 4, 2013
    I've been reading since before the "New 52", I'm just not too impressed me like DC used to. That's all I'm saying. But DC is getting, pretty much all my buys, except 2.

12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    WDNDTJCCIL

14. Darth Nyad

Jan 4, 2013
    Took the word right out of my mouth.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Tangents, in my experience, tend to self-correct, I'm sure this'll get back on track shortly.

16. Darth Nyad

Jan 4, 2013
    Sorry for the tangent.

17. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009

?

18. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    hell this board is moving fast this is the first forum I have been in is there a guide? I put a ? because of the comment about the best comic company being.... image! I thought he meant insert an image.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_rofl][face_laugh] I'm sorry, but that's a killer reply!

I wouldn't consider this thread as representative of the board in general, as this is one of the biggest pieces of news in quite some time so it's going to get a lot of attention.

20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I thought so I'm swamped in the speed of this it's like a game!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, Casablanca.

I'm a little ambivalent about this news. I don't follow Marvel's comics, so I don't know how good they'd be for SW. Hopefully they'll use some of the same writers and artists that DH used, but I also welcome the opportunity to reinvigorate SW comics with new blood as well, so to speak.

But yeah, there were a lot of great series put out by DH. Besides Firefly and Avatar, SW is their only line I follow, since I'm more of an Image or Vertigo guy, as well as some other smaller publishers.

Now let's see how long before Del Rey looses its license.

Esg likes this.
  22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Did not read that one actually, only happened to get my hands of Punisher Max 13 to 36 a few years ago. Liked them and all, still struck me as really heavy on the violence for violence sake.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    On that we'll have to disagree but I do suggest you check out Rucka's run, it's only 3-4 trades.

24. Darth Nyad

Jan 4, 2013
    I to wonder how long it will be before Disney brings the hammer down on Del Rey. But the better questions are, does Disney own or have a Book Publishing Co.?, Or will Disney try to purchase Del Rey?

25. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Disney owns Hyperion, a book publisher.

eta. Apparently, Hyperion was acquired by another company this past summer. So, I'm unsure if they'll be using this imprint in the future.