main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Maryland Fanfilm back on track...an update (and a shameless beg for help)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HowardFilms, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Hey all! Once again, our fanfilm is back on track.

This time we have a full production studio to shoot in, with all the bells and whistles. We have a greenscreen, a Mix Booth, an editing room, and cameras way above the fanfilm standard all committed to our project. We also have a willing crew to man the equipment. Our scripts are complete, some casting has been done, and the special effects work has already begun (about the first three minutes of the movie is already completed!)

Now, there are some things we need help with. The big one is costumes. We have Spatcave (of Star Wars: Revelations fame) to help with the hardest to get costumes, like the Nemoidians, and the CorSEC uniforms. We do however, need work on the Jedi Robes for three characters, so if you have materials and/or can help make those costumes please shoot me an email at HowardFilms@yahoo.com or post here.

We also are still casting! We are looking for one adult female, and one teen female to fill two major roles! Please contact me if you are interested or know of someone! We also still have minor roles for three adult males and another minor role that could be either gender, and plenty of CorSEC officer roles (male or female adult) to assign.

The faster we assign the roles, the sooner we can move into production. I would like to at least have the first of the three films, and a good bit of the second, shot by the end of summer. If all of you can help, we can show the fanfilm community that the Maryland FanForce can make a film as good as any!

2. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    I would like to audition for the adult female role. What do I need to do?

3. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Well, first off, you should know that filming will be at the community Media Center in Westminster. If you can't make it there easily, this isn't going to work.

If you want to make it easy on me, I can send you a copy of the script, and you can film yourself acting out a small part, then email it to me.

If that isn't possible, we can talk about an actual audition. Please let me know.

4. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

Feb 4, 2006
    I could make it to Westminster but I would need to know when. What is this film about?

5. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    My site has a synopsis and I think the first two scripts (copy and paste those into Word though, they are a bit unreadable on the site.

Site is in the sig!

6. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

Feb 4, 2006
    I have read through the first script and I wonder how you can film this. I guess there will be lots of CG. I am still interested in auditioning. Just let me know when and I suppose the audition will be a cold reading of the script?

7. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Yeah, it really depends on how many other people I can find. Unless I can find SOME interest in the other parts, we could be delayed significantly.

Yes, most of the film will be cgi backgrounds, almost all (except for cave scenes) will be shot in front of agreenscreen. It's just the way fanfilms are done nowadays...

8. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

Feb 4, 2006
    I will PM you my email address and you can let me know when you would like to conduct the audition. It isn't possible for me to tape myself acting a part. I have access to a sewing machine but wish I knew how to use it otherwise I could make the Jedi robes.

9. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Excellent. I just hope some other MDFF members will participate.

10. Jon_Goodfellow

Jon_Goodfellow Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2006
    I'd be all too happy to help with the technical side of things. I'm not much of an actor, but I've been a stage-tech for years now. :)

Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

11. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Well, as of right now, we have a crew together (I can only use people certified to use the stuff at the CC Community Media Center, sorry)

12. Jon_Goodfellow

Mar 2, 2006
    Can I be in charge of wardrobe changes for the actresses then? ;)

jk :p

Really though. I'd like to help in anyway I can. :)\

<CTMS>

13. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    I'll see what I can do, but our biggest needs right now are in costuming and casting

14. SithMan1138

SithMan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    I've been gone for a long time, but are their any spots still available for casting? I can make it to Westminster but I need to know when. I'd like to help if I can.

15. Jon_Goodfellow

Mar 2, 2006
    Hey, Sithman. In what part of MD do you live? :)

Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

16. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    There are still roles left for casting. For speaking roles we have the Sith/Dark Jedi Ghost in the Caves, and the Captain of CorSec. For nonspeaking roles we have CorSec officers.

17. SithMan1138

SithMan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    I actually just posted a threwad about that. In Middletown-Frederick County

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Hey, I'm really close to the Westminster area. I'm in Hampstead actually. So if you need help with anything, let me know. I don't think I can act... but I'm willing to do whatever.

19. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Cool, if I think of anything, I'll let ya know.

Also know you don't really need acting ability to be in the production. We do, after all, have extra roles to be filled, like CorSec officers and such, with no lines, and no spotlight on you, hehe.

20. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Well I'd be up for that too but I'm not really officer material. =) Bald with a beard doesn't quite fit the image I have in mind.

21. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    haha, who is to say what CorSec officers look like?

22. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Meanwhile, one of our special effects artists has completed the opening sequence of the movie. It will be tweaked as newer fighter models become available, but is mostly as it will be. I attatched my HowardFilms FOX logo to the beginning, which makes up the first 3 minutes of the movie!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&n=2&videoID=921479204

Not to mention the fact if you look to the left you can see a picture of me, and who I hope our Princess Mara will be. Enjoy!

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Very nice start.. although you need to add another "." to the end of the scroll. They all, expcet for Jedi, have 4...don't they? Heh..

24. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    hmmm, I'l look into that, never noticed

25. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

Feb 4, 2006
    I agree with Grumpy_Jedi, good start. What is it exactly you need to keep this going? I know you mentioned costumes and extras parts but do you have a film schedule? I'd be willing to audition or help out but would need to know when and where and how and all that. I'd like to see this finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.