main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson MAY/APRIL MEETING (thread name to be changed)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Apr 25, 2007.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    7:00PM Saturday my house

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    working on the weekend sux. :mad:

3. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Speaker Phone.

4. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Bump

5. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    sorry i also missed the meeting everyone, my wife took an unexpected 2 days off in a row from work and had made family type plans for us. sheese she coulda at least warned me so i could let you all know i wouldnt be there. c everyone at FWHS on the 9th
    MTFBWYA

6. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Family FIRST! Please never apologize for taking care of your family obligations.

7. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I concur :)

I go to Arkansas for entire weeks at a time to be with my family! We all know family takes priority.

I'll get the minutes up sometime tomorrow afternoonish.. 3ish.. 4ish..

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the meeting notes got bumped till tonight or in the morning.

I sent PM's to the RSA as soon as I got home last night about all pertinent meeting issues that were discussed at last nights meeting and am awaiting PM's from the RSA in regards to those situations.. as soon as I hear from the RSA I will post what they tell me to report to you in regards to the issues at hand.

feel free to discuss anything from the meeting you want to discuss even without the meeting notes being posted.. don't wait for me to post the notes to discuss issues.. I did not get home from my afternoon neighborhood brunch till 4pm and it has set me back a few hours at least if not more.

9. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    So...what happened at the meeting?

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I will get the notes up this evening. Jake is getting the notebook for me, it's still in the car.

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    May 5th 2007 meeting

In attendance
    _Anakin_Vader_
    hal9k1
    cathiecat
    FORCE_Inept
    thatsMISTERwookiee
    firstsonofsolo
    dialswiftjustice

Leukemia walk for Austin in Phoenix- was on saturday morning. Jack, Damian, and Antone went to the walk which was attended by a few Phoenix fan force members and by some of the DSG members as well. While it was not as big as they had hoped the little boy had a very nice time.

SusanGKomen event was on April 15th. The turnout was very nice. There were 13.001 participants. Everyone loved having the Tucson Fan Force there. Dustin has requested a copy of the video for the TFF scrapbook and end of the year video. Pictures are on the photobucket site.

2006 TFF video, Damian and Cat both asked Dustin for a copy of it, Cat to take to CIV for the Fan Force table and Damian to put in a loop on our TFF website.

Flowing Wells will be May 9th at 5PM. Planning to have Vader Speak to members of the Orchestra. In planning in Jack's mind, he will put to paper and be in touch with members on Monday/Tuesday.

Heart of an Empire was a nice showing on the first saturday at The Screening Room. We were hoping to have more publicity flyers for the Thursday showing but it never surfaced. Gabe attended we were told, but no other members were able to make the thursday night showing.

The TFF Library is at Mike's house. If you want to read any of the books contact (PM _Anakin_Vader_ Mike) to do that.

Kat and Cat want to start the TFF Book Club in the late Summer early fall.. more info to come as we get into summer and they investigate.

Leprecon is next weekend in Phoenix. Here is the link http://www.leprecon.org/lep33/
    Karen Traviss will be there.

Fan Force Global Cookbook will be promoted at CIV. Cat is putting together flyers and index cards to hand out and discuss with the patrons of CIV in hopes that we can finally get the book together for 2007/2008 release. Anyone that wants to help with this please PM Cat.

Fan Force table for CIV has requested photos for the table. We are putting together an email of non costumed photos and a few unique costumed photos to be sent to Jedi_Dajuan to be used at CIV.

Dustin brought up wanting to make/have made/buy a new TFF banner. This will cost money. we will discuss it at the next meeting.

Kids fan force activities for the younger members of the Fan Force. This is put off until the next meeting as well.

Elections will be held in July for new officers. The offices up for election will be CR/President, Secretary, and Historian. Damian mentioned that if you want to run you should make it known on the boards. In addition to this Cat said that the elections will be held by having a private vote PM'd to BrotherHalo or Jedi_Knight_Birr and they will then announce the winners on the board. More news of this will be posted in a separate thread once BrotherHalo speaks with the CR about it.

CIV was discussed, but nothing major, just general time to leave and return to and from LA.

Fan Force Membership/charter was discussed, the charter stays as is, however we can revisit the Charter after this years elections are finished and finalized.

Cat stepped down as CR/President of the TFF due to Personal reasons. She asked Chris Jackson if he would take over for her if she stepped down and he agreed. Chris will be taking over the last two months of Cat's term. Cat said she was telling us first and then that night going home and notifying BrotherHalo and Jedi_Knight_Birr of her decision.

This pretty much sums up the meeting.

12. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Thanks for doing the minutes Cat!

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Also please thank Mike, he took the notes at the meeting.

14. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Thanks for taking the minutes Mike!

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    [:D]

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    What about the part of changing the name from Tucson Fan Force to Arizona Fan Force?:D [face_whistling] ;)

17. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/PunkSkaNutty/aff.jpg]
    ... :D

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =D= =D= [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_flag] [face_cowboy] :cool: =D= ;) [face_laugh]

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    O, man... lets hope that don't get out. We want good relations with all the FF (including PHX), Rebel Legion, starwars.com clubs, and 501st.

Can you manipulate it so the star in the flag is gone replaced by a rebel insignia or imperial cog?

20. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006

no kidding.

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It's on a public board, it's already out.

22. FORCEinept

Mar 17, 2006
  23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    as long as everyone knows it's a joke then all is well :)

24. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    LOL, being that I've been in both fan forces and I find it funny. [face_laugh]

25. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    We need to start thinking about our june meeting, throw out your available dates and times!