main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN May FanForce Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    I don't have anyone coming with me.

2. Sci-FiGal

Sci-FiGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    Just one here too. Thanks!

3. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    That's cool because if there were too many more coming I'd need to visit an ATM. Movie tickets get steep when you're buying quite a few.

4. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Don't worry I will reimburse you :D Thanks for getting the tickets!

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well I can eat a loss on a few of the tickets but not all 8. I'm not worried about that at all though. I am just glad to have them and that I won't have to worry with it later.

What time do you guys want to meet up? I will be busy until 3, but after that all should be good.

6. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    i will probably be in town around 6-6:30 have to work until 5 and this being a special event week-end I don't think they will let me out of it, lol.

7. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    No problem. If you think you'll be in by about 6:30 then we'll meet up at 7:00 in the food court. If you think you'll be earlier or later let me know and I can adjust that but I'll need to know by pretty early in the morning. I have to take my grandparents to the doctor tommorrow morning so I'll be out around from that point on pretty much.

8. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    What a long day.. I just got back from Cincinnati and I managed to make it into a sold-out Muse concert I didn't have tickets for simply by waiting in line for a really long time. At first I thought there was no way I could stand waiting for 7+ hours but then I just started thinking, hey treat this concert like it's episode 3 and it'll be all good. The rest of the day flew by.

Anyway, it's a long story with lots of perils (including an attempted mugging) but I wouldn't have a rock concert any other way and I'm way too tired to get into it all.

9. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    wow, sounds like you had fun!

10. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    The best part was that the tickets were free. I got to talking with a DJ at some local alternative station and she had tickets she was supposed to give away but appearantly some of the folks didn't show up that won. Me and my friend were expecting to have to find a scalper and pay whatever if there were tickets even being scalped off. I was so glad that didn't happen that I didn't even care about all the rest.

Oh well, enough about that stuff. If we're still on for Friday about 6-6:30 I think I would prefer to meet with Rose up at West Towne Mall. I have to go there to get my measurements done for the wedding tux. I'll go there and meet with Rose and then head up your way. All I need to know is what exit to take off 75 north and where you want to meet (and how to get there if it's off the beaten path). Just let me know.

11. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Have fun this Friday... I'll be at a wedding rehearsal dinner...

And I'll definitely be in Los Angeles the weekend of May 14th now... any chance you guys wanna move that meeting back one week? :D

Fenn

12. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    No problem Fenn, I can change it. I can't do the 7th because I may have to switch with a friend at work, but that still leaves the 21st or 28th, so pick one and we'll go for it.

13. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Either one of those is good for me right now... what about the rest of ya? :D

Fenn

14. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Friday is cool, hope you like a messy house, lol. It is exit 11, wal-mart is to the left, can't miss it, call me when you get accross the ky/tn border and i will meet you on the grocery side near the wooden fence (farthest end from the road) I have tons of movies you guys can pic, and I will either make dinner or go get pizza (they don't deliver all the way out to my house *muhahahahahaha*)

Welcome to the sticks boys and girls

*side note* Technically I only live about 4 miles outside of town, so its not that bad.

15. Sci-FiGal

Mar 7, 2004
    I'll park in the parking garage and wait at the mall entrance facing the garage around 5. I can be there earlier if you think that's too late. I'll be done with my last class by 4.

Angela, should I bring any soda or snacks or something? I'll make some cookies :)

16. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Considering I don't drink Sodas, that might be a good Idea, if you don't mind, or if you want me to pick them up you will have to tell me what kind. I have popcorn, and like I said I will make or find food :-D
    cookies sound gooood!

17. Sci-FiGal

Mar 7, 2004
    Ah, good point. It doesn't have to be sodas, something stronger is fine too :p j/k

18. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Okay we'll meet up around 5:00 and head on up. We might bump into a little traffic but it shouldn't hold us up too much. I can bring some stuff to munch on and drinks, possibly drinks even stronger than soda :eek: , if need be or I can contribute to getting pizzas or both. I'd prefer just to bring some chips and sodas and maybe just pitch in on some food but I also realize that the choices are sort of limited. We still have a few days to figure out the food situation so there's no big rush. :D

Also on the issue of the meeting, if there are no complaints I will just change it to the 21st. I'll wait until later tommorrow afternoon to let the mods know just in case that would interfere with anyone's plans.

19. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Okay, so the date has been changed and we are on for the 21st now. I can change it again if need be, but the mods won't like me too much if I do. [face_laugh]

So it looks like I'll need to grab stuff for a potluck lunch thing on Sunday at work. I guess that while I'm getting that I'll get some stuff to munch on for Friday too. If anyone has some requests for stuff to eat or drink let me know.

20. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    I don't need anything. Thanks for the offer. If on the way off chance that I do cook *shudder* are there any food allergies?

21. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I'm only severely allergic to food that contains protein, so as long as there's none of that I'm cool. ;)

Anything should be fine with me, but again, [parent mode]I will be by the store tommorrow, so if anyone needs anything let me know or it will just have to wait until next week[/parent mode].

22. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Thank you guys so much for coming over!! I had fun, and I hope you guys did too.

Thanks again

23. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I had fun too and thanks for having us over and making food. You have a pretty nice collection and like I said before the area isn't all that bad either. I for one wouldn't mind doing it again sometime down the road, so just let me know.

24. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    You guys are more than welcome at the house, name a date and come on up, maybe you could come the park too, fun fun, lol

25. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    That sounds like fun, but my schedule only allows me to do Friday and Saturday normally. I don't really have any plans to do anything major so I can do it pretty much whenever. There is however something I saw on TFN yesterday that I will probably do, and that's the LSO music of Hollywood Concert. There's three good dates listed, but I haven't made up my mind on which one I am gonna gun for:

ATLANTA - Tue Sept 7
    RALEIGH - Wed Sept 8
    NASHVILLE - Fri Sept 10

To me it's a toss-up between Nashville and Atlanta but honestly I think Atlanta is more fun (sorry Nashvillians! :p ) so that's the route I figure I'll go but I'm not sure yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.