main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX May the 4th Screening of Episode I

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthBarf, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    "May the Fourth Be with You!"

How many people generally come to the Fan Force meetings? I have a theatre room in my house with a 65" digital widescreen TV, and a pretty good surround system. I can probably fit 15-20 people in there semi-comfortably for a screening of Episode I for the May 4th meeting (just 2 weeks before Episode II). I also have big backyard with a pool. I have just discovered the Austin group and haven't met any of you yet, but this would be a great way to start.

Would any of you be up for that? I also have Troops on DVD and could screen that as well.

2. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Wow, that's a really great offer. 2 things:
    1. Why don't you come to a meeting so that we can get to know you and vise versa before we storm your house.
    2. Half of the gang will be in Indianapolis for Star Wars Celebration on May 4th.

-Anne

3. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    I will try to come to the meeting this Sat, but I may be camping at lake Travis. Is that the only meeting planned before May 4th? If so, I can go to the May 4th meeting and hold the screening the following weekend. How many people come to the meetings?

Jim

4. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Meetings have been running about 15 people lately. We'll have another meeting on April 20th. Maybe you can make it then? We'll probably meet on May 11 and then May 18 is the Sci-Fi expo in Plano which I may go to, but the others may not.

-Anne

5. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    Perfect! Let's plan on May 11 tentatively. 15 people would be perfect. I will meet everyone before then, if not this weekend, then April 20th for sure.
    I'm looking forward to it.

6. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    why god?! why?!

man i am gonna miss all the good stuff...the conventions, the opening day, the get togethers...the standing in line for hours to get a good seat....
    oh well...if this is the way it's supposed to be, then i guess i shouldnt complain. hope you all have a great time at that get together...i'll be at the meetings, if things allow me to anyway. i'll try to be there at saturday's meeting, if possible can you save 2 t-shirts for me and my hubby Anne??

p.s.
    rick mccallum said chocolate ice cream speeds up labor right? lol

7. Darth_Homer02

Darth_Homer02 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Sounds like a great idea. Count me in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.