main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Medicom 1/6 Scale Figures Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I recently managed to score a Jedi Luke for a ridiculous price and then picked up Wicket.

Although the bodies are really quite ugly on the human figures, Luke is BEAUTIFUL. I still haven't managed to unearth my Sideshow version from after moving but compared side by side, I don't know - it's going to be hard to decide which is better looking. The face sculpt on the Medicom is far superior - mostly because the eyes are painted better.

Wicket also was quite an improvement over the Hasbro version.

I've got reviews of both on my blog: Luke Skywalker & Wicket.

Guh these are expensive but now I really want the rest of the humans. The ANH Han Solo looks AMAZING.

Do do any of you own any of Medicom's 1/6 scale figures? What do you think of them?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got Boba Fett. He's still in his box but he still looks good!

3. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I have Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Darth Vader (RotS), Stormtrooper, Clonetrooper, 501st Clonetrooper, and Sandtrooper from Medicom. And those are just my Star Wars figures.

I also have Medicom Comic Spider-man, Comic Wolverine, Punisher, Rocketeer, Black Symbiote Spider-man (both the comic and movie versions), Superman Returns and a Wolverine from X-men Last Stand.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Grr Anakin and Han keep calling to me. I generally keep my individual item spending limit to around $100 so this is really sucking :_|

I might pick up Yoda, I can get him pretty reasonably. I'd really love to get the droids also. The squatty deformed R2 is quite adorable.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I scored a Jawa dirt cheap on ebay and he showed up today. His legs are stuck in one position but his arms, hands, and head move.

He's really adorable, I must say. I'll need to pull out my Hasbro & vintage Kenner versions to see them in comparison.

6. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Let me know how you like him. I have a Medicom Yoda. Only his arms and head move, but he looks great posed next to Luke in Bespin Fatigues.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got my Jawa and I got an Anakin loose for a good price.

The Jawa doesn't move much but he is AWESOME. I took a photo of him next to my vintage Kenner 12" scale and one of Hasbro's and he just looks worlds better. See them and my review HERE.

I also got the ROTS Anakin figure. He's just beautiful! I have both the original and SDCC versions of him from Sideshow, I haven't unearthed them yet from my unpacking but I already know that looks-wise, the Medicom is far superior. My review for him is HERE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.