main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet #16 || February

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hmm okay, so you'll notice that this thread has no specific meet idea attached to it. this is because your "fearless leader" has just plum run out of ideas. this is a thread to start brainstorming. i'm thinking the 28th, since the 21st would be a boston meet date, and the 14th (our usual second saturday) is a holli-day. sooo, throw your ideas out now. i'm going to suggest some kind of road trip up to boston to maybe the museum of science or other fun and indoor venue.

2. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    28th sounds cool. The Boston meet might be on the 3rd Sunday (22nd), but it doesn't matter what we RSers do.

I know we did it only a few months previous, but I'd be up for another Epic Friendships game. It's so fun!

3. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Epic Friendships... Sheesh I'm never gonna live that game down! :p

Anyway road trip to Boston sounds super cool to me! I haven't been to Boston at all this year which is really weird... And I haven't been to the science museum since high school or something...

Indoor also sounds like a great plan to me... And I don't know any cool indoor places except the mall and I don't think I would want to go on a RS shopping spree. [face_blush]

Or if we are feeling outdoor adventureous we could always go ice skating downtown... It's one of those things I always meant to do but never have done.

4. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    The Cambridgeside Galleria is right near the Museum of Science. :)

5. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Meet idea:

Come visit me in warm, sunny North Carolina!

;)

6. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I think that Boston sounds like a great idea. :)

I'm going to try and get back to actually *coordinating* and thinking of activities...I've come to realize that we live in a boring state and we are coming extremely close to exhausting all fun stuff here...but together we can think of something :p (okay, I'll stop being overly dramatic now)

What if we were to take a little trip to mystic or something when it gets a little warmer, the aquarium is cool, although I believe it has become a little pricey, buy hey, they have sea otters ;) (and then again that idea doesn't really help for the soon upcoming meets)

Or...we could...geez, winter is so boring, it's too cold to do anything good. :(

Are there any big movies coming out soon? Because we could always do those matrix/x-men/spiderman type movie meets....

*thinks more and begins to explode*

I'll get back to this.....

7. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    hehe i for one am totally up for the aquarium idea, for the warmer months

i'm kinda keen on boston for this month cause we could stay indoors and the museum isn't too far from the T if i recall correctly. but i'd like to get some feedback. then, if we do do this, sara can call and see if they give group discounts ;)

8. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Another Mystic coolness for outdoor months is Mystic Seaport. I went there when I was younger and I was fascinated by it. They have all the old ships and shops where they demonstrate various things like an old fashioned blacksmith and such. I haven't been ther in an age in a half but when Sara mentioned the aquarium it reminded me so I thought I'd bring it up while I remembered.

And doesn't the science museum have a planetarium? I like planetariums. :p

9. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I like the idea of museum boston of science.

As far as future meets. Mystic would be cool. We can also fall back on epic friendship. Man i think i'll never get bored of laser tag. Some cool movies coming out. Summer = cook outs Just hanging with my star wars friends is good enough for me =)

10. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I think we should do boston for february. Nice, indoors, warm and not in Rhode Island [face_mischief] .

11. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    If/when we have a meet in Boston, I'd be happy to have people spend the night if they didn't feel like making the trip back until the following morning. Depending on how many people come down, I wouldn't mind having a small group of people over to hang out after the meet activity as well. :)

12. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Kegger at Roseanna's!

13. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Hey that's right, we'd be coming up to your territory this time! Cool!

14. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Kegger? No, probably not. :p But fun, it would be! :)

15. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Lets start planning for a car pool now =P

16. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Haha... I concur! You know, I sometimes feel as though I should just change my login name to "Always lost" or "Directions please!"

17. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    It's easy to get into Boston by car, but it's not easy to always find a parking space. Luckily the museum of science has a parking garage, but you're gonna pay for it. If you take the Commuter Rail into Boston, you can hop on the T and it'll take you right to the Museum. I will meet anybody at South Station if they need it.

18. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Isn't it a bit too cold for a car pool this time of year? brrrrr cold water.
    ok bad joke...anyway I'd love to check out the museum of science. havn't been there in years.

19. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Here is the website: mos.org
    I have an inside contact who works at the Museum, so I'll call her and see what I can do about group stuff. :)

20. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Depending on the carpool situation you can also drive in to any T stations that have parking lots and pay $2.50/$3 for the whole day and take the train to Science Park.
    I find the comm rail to be a pain in the fact that you're stuck with set times. But that's just me.

21. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    huzzah! looks like my museum of science idea is a winner :D

i for one will most likely be taking the T in from attleboro, so if anyone wanted to go up with me, i'm game and i'd love the company.

hah and i'm down for the non-kegger at roseanna's :p

PS i say we set a time now, like be at the museum at 1:00 pm. that gives everyone enough time to get in from points various.

22. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I would like to take the train up and if I could go up with people (*waves to Carrie*), all the better! I don't like driving places I am unfamiliar with, especially alone. I'm also game for parties! ;)

23. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Train sounds good. Doubt my vehicle could take the adventure.

24. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    PS i say we set a time now, like be at the museum at 1:00 pm. that gives everyone enough time to get in from points various.

There ya go, being all " CR " on us again! Sheesh! 8-}

Just kiding! One seems like a good time, I should be out of bed by then! 8-}

25. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    And doesn't the science museum have a planetarium?
    And it also has that humongoid half-dome IMAX theatre.
    * Magic: The Science of Illusion! Grab your wand and head to the Museum for the best lessons in magic outside of wizard?s school! Sit in a floating chair, have your mind read by a magician, and try your hand at lifting an enchanted chest.
    Museum of Science

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.