main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Meeting Information & Minutes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    March Meeting (1st meeting as a combined group!):

When: Saturday, March 17th, 6:00 PM

Where:

Wyomissing Applebee's
    610-372-6444
    1905 Ridgewood
    Wyomissing, PA 19610

Here is a map link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1905+Ridgewood+Rd,+Reading,+PA+19610&spn=0.021689,0.020099&hl=en

2. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Ok, so I am getting a table for 5?

Me(Rob), Dave, Stacy, Scott, & Dana

I'll try to get a good table & I'll try to get non-smoking, Stacy.

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Dana had said that her boyfriend was also likely to be coming along. So, you might want to make it a table for 6.

4. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Sounds good. Table for 8 :)

5. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Ok, I'm REALLY not good at math, as you can see.. :oops:

That would be, 'table for 6' :D

6. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    For future Meetings, what we will do is rotate the meeting place between areas to accommodate all the members & so everyone won't have to drive far every month.

What we will do is Dave, Steph & I will try and come up with a date, behind the scenes & then we will put it out to everyone and see how many members can make it. If most (majority) of the members can make it, we will go forward with it. Activities like movies, dinner, etc, etc will be worked out once we have a date agreed on.

We might sprinkle some Cyber-Meetings (AOL Instant Messenger Chat Meetings) in as well, but we'd like to get a solid live meeting a month, even if it?s just meeting together having a burger & just chatting about anything & everything :)

7. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Here is a 'teaser' for a May Meeting, from Scott's idea..

http://www.whitakercenter.org/imax/ComingSoon.asp

I am definetly up for this! We hae two months to plan this one out, folks :D

8. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    I heard back from Dana, her and her boyfriend will not be there, but she hopes to make the next one. So at least we know.

9. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I wanted to let everyone know to be thinking about names for our group. If anyone who is not able to attend wants to offer any ideas, please feel free. After the meeting, the ideas offered will be posted and will be put to a vote.

The only requirement is that the name be SW related, but does not have to come directly from the movies, books, etc.

10. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Keep it clean, folks [face_shame_on_you]

Btw, bring any ideas that you have for the group as a whole also.. Things you would like to see or do..

These suggestions will also go up after the meeeting :)

11. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I forgot tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day! [face_good_luck]

Gonna have to find some green beer [face_dancing]

12. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I still intend to be there on Saturday, If things have changed because of the weather please let me know.

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    As of right now, we are still on for the meeting. I'd say the final word on the weather should be made no later than 4 PM.

14. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I agree. Lets say, check the Board @ 4:00 PM. If there isn't any mention of canceling (due to the weather), we are still on :cool:

I might be closer to 6:15 now though, because of another thing I had to do that got pushed back, but I will be there :cool:

Wearing green, of course, lol [face_good_luck]

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Meeting is on for tonight. See ya'll there!

16. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Yes, the 1st Meeting of the Reading-York PA FanForce was a success!

3/17/2007 (St. Patrick's Day) - Mark it down folks! When we are ten years down teh line, this will be an important date! In my opinion, it wasn't only our 1st Meeting, but it was when the group finally said, "This will work!"

So, with that out of the way, let me go over what was talked about..

1.Meet & Greet: Me/Rob (JediSoccerDad), Stacy (Pugglethelesser), Scott (?), Dave (Spook) & family (your daughter is adorable) was in attendance.

2.Two Group Names were decided on and will be placed up on the Board to vote on.

3.Live Meeting at least once a month. Future Live Meetings: April 21st, May Meeting TBD (At the IMAX Theater in Harrisburg / Spiderman 3), June Meeting 15th & possible 16th and 17th (Wizard World Philly).

4.Open Forum Chat from 10:00 PM ? on (Friday Nights before the Meeting), open to everyone, but especially for people who can?t make the Meetings, to chime-in job topics that may come up the next day at the Meetings. (Please adjust your FF Profile with your AOL Instant Messenger ID)

5.PBEM (P.lay B.y E.mail) Game will be started based on the name chosen for the Group & set in a fictional Star Wars based genre (non-canon).

6.General chatting: sports (note to self: no one but me likes soccer, lol), religion, collecting, costuming, etc, etc, etc..

Cya next month! Meeting will rotate & be set in the York Area.

Saturday, April 21st, 6:00 PM (seems to work, allowing the long drivers to be home at a fairly decent time).

17. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Just a reminder..

Meeting will rotate & be set in the York Area.

Saturday, April 21st, 6:00 PM (seems to work, allowing the long drivers to be home at a fairly decent time).

You guys want to meet at a movie & do movie & a meal? 300? TMNT? Something else..?

Just a suggestion.. Also, did you York ppl say that it was easier & more things to do in Lancaster, or are we meeting in the York Area?

18. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Lancaster would be easier all around. If we are wanting to do a movie, there are a couple of options, neither are really close to places to eat, but can be worked out.

19. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Lancaster it is ;)

Dave, we're in your hands for the place to eat & see the movie :)

20. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I know we are meeting in Lancaster & doing the Movies. [face_dancing]

Question: Is there any way I can move this up to the 14th? [face_praying]

The In-laws are now coming up on the 21st & I loose a place to sleep if I don't hang out with them.. :rolleyes:

21. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I too would like this to be moved up to the 14th. MCW (thats wrestling) are having their show on the 21st, which me and my brother are planning on going.

22. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Rob, you could always sleep in the doghouse. Wait a minute, Is it redundant to sleep in the doghouse while you are in the "doghouse"?
    I have to do something else with my free time.

23. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    The 14th works for me.

24. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    The 14th looks to be good for me as well.

I think the best theater to get us all to would be Movi-Etown in Elizabethtown, PA.

The recommended restaurant is TJ Rockwell's.

As for movies, there doesn't look to be too many new good movies opening between now and then besides maybe Pathfinder. So, I think the options are likely to be 300, TMNT, Shooter, and Pathfinder, unless someone has any other suggestions.

Were we thinking movie and then dinner?

25. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Damn.. forgot to log in again.. Yes, that was me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.