main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Meeting May 8th/ Fun Day

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Marric_Korde, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    This weekend is our meeting and as discussed at our last one we were planning on going to see Iron Man 2.

I looked at the times and at the Regal Natomas theater there is a showing at 10am and another at 105pm, these are the only ones that are matinee. I wont to see what time everyone would prefer, if no clear choice is made i will be making the 10am our time. We will hold the meeting afterward to discuss anything we need to and eat. I know we also discussed maybe going bowling too, we can talk about that after the movie or we can decide here on the boards.

So place your thoughts and lets get this going, we may need as much time as possible to get tickets in advance.

2. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I'll be participating in Race for the Cure Saturday morning so I won't be able to make a 10am showing.

3. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I might be able to make the 10am showing, but I would have to race off to work immediately thereafter.

-TJ

4. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    nevermind about me. i work at noon, so im out...

-TJ

ps may the fourth be with ya. hyuk hyuk ;)

ah-hem

now with that outta the way...

5. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    up before 10:00 on a Saturday. LOL

Seriously though, I am willing to pay full price for a better time but will work around what the group decides.
    I also have coats for all that ordered them. :)

6. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I KNOW... scandalous... amirite? [face_shame_on_you]

-TJ

7. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    My vote is for the 1:05pm

8. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    I (I mean) We are just getting up at 10a(maaaaybe)on Saturdays. 1:05 sounds good to us & have tha meet'n b4 or after. Let's see, am I missing anything.......
    oh yeah, if haven't heard, I finally got a TK. Went out in it at FCBD. Surprised Tina, who couldn't find me at first. I'll post the pics on the FCBD thread. They are up on f/b if ya have an account.
    Next event to talk about is the June 6th SacCon which we should be starting our new thing with(at)& Indy*Euphoria on the 27th.

Have to go start dinner, be back after grub'n ;op

Vos

9. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Ok, it seems like the 10am idea is NOT a hit. I can speak on behalf of the Vice Chancellor (you get that power when you share the same bed, dontcha know) when I say that the idea was to meet the previously voiced opinions/needs of not wanting to pay full price (hence the matinees) as well as trying to avoid what will inevitably be HUGE crowds seeing this is opening weekend. With that said, if everyone wants to do the 1:05 showing, if we are trying to all sit together, I'd guess we'll need to be there no later than 1220 to assure decent seating/seats all together.

Keep up the discussion so a group decision can be made...our family will be game for whatever. We are just excited to see the movie!! I will give my personal two cents regarding full theaters though...I HATE them. I always end up sitting next to the crowd of DB 20 yr olds that want to yuk it up, or the family of 7 children who are each chewing their popcorn with their mouths wide open as well as working their grubby chubby digits into the loudest, crinkliest bag of contraband candy they could find. I would rather do the super early movie (10a) just to get it out of the way.

Is anyone still interesed in bowling afterward?

Just thought about the fact that we've sent info out to potential members about our meeting time...would hate to have someone show up and us not be there. Do we need to think about an even later movie? I think the next one after 1:05 is in the 4pm range. Yikes, that's a pain, huh? And we'll need to buy our tickets early to avoid it being sold out when we get there...

Is this why we just don't get together that much anymore??? [face_frustrated]

10. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    you all know its because you miss me. i bind the group together!

-TJ

[face_clown]

11. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey All,

I can go either way, I can certainly see the benefits of going at 10am, less expensive and potentially less people too! If I can get up early on a Sat and make it down from Chico for the 10am show, then all you Rogues that live in the area should be able to no problem! Plus we would have the rest of the day to hold the meeting, get some grub and do bowling!!

We are going to do some bowling right?! Seeing that I may be the groups sole Lebowski fan/achiever/what have you, I say we roll some frames and drink a few oat sodas, well Chris and I will drink a few oat sodas while we do it! Also, have you all seen Dude Vader?! Careful little ones, some bad words in it! Dude Vader

Anyway, so I guess I throw my hat into the ring for the 10am show, but the dude will abide with whatever the group goes with.

Also, Nasus, I need to get a request in to you for an official Rogue polo shirt. Can discuss via PM or this weekend.

~DZ

12. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I was checking Fandango for Ironman 2 tickets and there seems to be a few more shows other then 10am or 1pm shows that would still qualify for the matinee price.

The 10:00am, 10:35am, 11:10am x2, 12:25, 1:05, 1:40 all qualify according to the matinee policy for the theater, which is "Matinee (M-F all shows before 6:00 p.m. Sat/Sun/Holidays Before 2:00 p.m.)". Also there is an 11:45am DP (Digital Projection) show listed for it.

Ironman 2 At the Regal 16 Natomas

Or there is also the option of going to see it on iMax?! Show times for Ironman 2 on iMax for Saturday are: 10:00am, 12:45pm, 3:30pm, 6:15pm, 9:00pm, and 11:45pm if we want to try and see it there.

Just figured there may be some other show time options we can consider before making the group decision.

~DZ

13. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    ooooooooo..... IMAX + Ironman = awesome.

Come on Jedidoria, that is the challenge of this group. Trying to come up with a game plan is way more adventurous then the actual event sometimes. :)

We are game for any time and will even get myself up to go to an early movie. hey if Mike can do it, then we can too. :)

I just want to go so I can drool over Robert Downey, who has ALWAYS been on my top 5 list of most gorgeous men that I might be willing to leave Earl for. :)

14. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    oooohh! IMAX! that would be fun. We are ok w/ either time or style. We would like the IMAX or the DP experience. We don't think we can afford bowling afterwords though.

Vos

15. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    Thanks Mike for linking the times, there weren't as many on the early release table monday, I'm glad they added a lot more. We will be good with any of the times there, the DP showing would be cool too. I dont know about the IMAX show, though it would be cool to see it on that large of a screen.

Would everyone be good with an 11am showing, since there are 2 it may be the best option we have for sitting together, plus it will give some people a little more sleep;).

16. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    The cool thing about IMAX is that you can select your seats ahead of time so you don't need to get there early and stand in line. I checked and it's $16.50 for a ticket plus a $2 fee, not to mention paying for parking so if cost was an issue that was brought up at the last meeting, maybe that won't work.

17. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I think either the 11:10am or the 11:45am DP (Digital Projection) shows sound the best for the group, both are matinee and not too early for all the late risers in the group! Imax would be fun, but would also be bank at almost $20 per person plus parking. I plan on checking it out on Imax later in the month so maybe those of us that want to go see it on Imax can plan that, but probably not the best idea for this group outing since its opening weekend.

I say we vote soon, like maybe by tomorrow night so we can all get our tickets ahead of time and plan on what time to meet at the theater so we can all go in together and get seats together!

~DZ

18. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    The Sivads are down for the 11:45 DP but will be willing to go to the 11:00 if that is what is chosen.

19. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Have fun guys! I'm probably going to go see it if they havent sold out tickets on Thursday night... or maybe earrrrrrrly friday. ;-P

-TJ

20. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    Ok, it looks like everyone is alright with the 11:45 DP showing. I think for those that can buy the tickets online it would be good to do so to insure you have one.

We should arrive at the theater by 11:15 so we can all get together and wait in line, for those that may have to buy tickets at the box office you may want to get there earlier or "May the force be with you" because i will be watching the movie.

21. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    Is there still going to be a meeting after the movie? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the 11:45 showing.

22. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    Yes there will be a meeting afterwards, i hesitate to give an exact time though. the movie is 2hrs long, so it will be sometime after 2pm at our normal location.

It will start however by 2:30pm so you can work out if your at Round Table between 2-230 you will be there in time.

23. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    I would really recommend that we all buy our tickets in advance. The last time we planned a movie like this, we had members that couldn't get in. This way, we all have them in hand and only have to line up.

24. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I just went to a showing at Century Greenback, and wanted to let you guys know they had signs up requiring at least half of any party must be present to "save spots" for absent moviegoers - i.e. a party of seven must have at least four present to save/reserve spots. Don't know if this extends to seats too (would assume so) or even to the UA you're at... but I thought it might be pertinent.

-TJ

25. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Just tried to buy tickets for the 11:45 show but all matinees in the sacto area are sold out for tomorrow. Do we want to come up with another plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.