main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Meeting minutes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DOMNUSKYWALKER, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    We did meet at the library rain and all. We were brainstorming on what the next years events and planings we want to work twards for next year. We have not had alot of things goining as of late due to real life issues, jobs, schools, and just no money to do anything. Yes everyone is feeling the financial crunchies as of late. However we can still get together and do stuff that does not take alot of money just a little bit of time.

Events

Next August as we all know by now is Celebration 6. In Florida. Dawan has been busy trying to get us the best bang for the buck. But we need to know how many are acutally going to go. So please post if you are, and if you will be staying with the TA rooms or goining on your own. We need to know that. :) We have a year to plan so dont wait until the last minute Thanks.

Galacticon March 31st 2012

We had a great turn out last year. We did some on the fly brain storming how to make it even better. I brought in some new peeps to mix things up some and it was good to see some of our fellow fan groups and friends again.
    We've decided that HRR will be right accross from us in the Main lobby. All the fangroups and venders will be in the vender hall. Opening up the two rooms last year created a much more open and inviting feel. So we will be doing that again next yr.

Demo
    We want to spice up the demos next year and that takes planning. But it has to be from all memebers not just the council. Alan had an Idea about skits along time ago but there wasnt enough time to plan it or anyone to write it. We got good feed back as always for Fantisci, but one thing people wanted was a longer program and to see lightsaber staffs uses. At the present time we are working on a safe way to incorporate that but we have to have saftey first and the most experience fighters only, will be wielding these.

several senerios were discussed. We will post more as we work them out. Any ideas are welcome.

Beefing up displays.
    We are known throughout for havinging awsome displays. It would be cool to get a list together far in advance of what everyone can bring. More to come on that as we get closer to the holidays. But keep it in mind.

Pannels. If you would like to do a pannel please let us know on what, and how long you will need, and audio/visual aids you may need as well.

HOLLOWEEN PARTY

Our annual TA Holloween party is Oct 22nd approx 7:30pm location to be announced soon.

TA LAKE HOUSE TRIP
    Looks like this is going to be tentivley Feb 11th. or the 18th.. More to come on that soon.

Charities

The next Alzhiemers Walk unfortunatlly is this next coming Saturday,
    Wednesday, September 21 · 6:00pm - 9:00pm
    Cheeseburger in Paradise - Virginia Beach
    739 Lynnhaven Pkwy Suite 200
    Virginia Beach, VA

which I know I can't go due to a Lord of the Rings Event. So this is not alot of time to prepare. So in the spring I will be posting the next year ones so we can get together for the cure.

Chrisman Shoe box Event Please see the post on the forum under that heading. It's a really wonderful jesture of good will and love of children, which is one the reasons we do what we do as a fan group. So lets due this, and bring a smile to a child in the would who has never had a gift before.

Well until next meeting.

May the Force be with you.

2. ABC42

ABC42 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    Put me down for the C6 to share a hotel room. AS for the Alzhiemer's walk I'm unable to do on such short notice. Am down for any demo practice. Shae

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.