main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carb, IL Meeting on March 9th.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by rodan70, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Our 3rd meeting will be on March 9th at Spinonni's in Carbondale. Welcome to All Ages! Bring Friends! Our last meeting really suprised, we over doubled our members. we have atleast 25 members! Great for a fan Force that hasn't been around but two months. Everyone, don't forget about the convention in Metropolis Illinois on Feb 17th. We will have a booth and most of all, we will have fun.

2. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Is there a time for said meeting?

3. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    The time is at 6pm.

4. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Just a reminder to everyone - about the meeting at Spinolli's this coming Friday at 6PM in Carbondale.

We will be discussing several upcoming events and some great news to share with everyone about the 501st and several fanforces we've chatted with.

Hope to see everyone there. We have a member activity scheduled afterward for those who would like to do so.

5. Tabris7

Tabris7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2007
    Hey everyone. Unfortunately I'm not going to make it to this Friday's meeting [I'm going to Nashville to see "300" in IMAX] I want to go but it's not everyday you get to see a no doubt awesome movie in IMAX. But I just thought I'd tell everybody.

6. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks for the note Tabris7, we will miss ya - but hey, we understand.

Swords, blood, guts and the Battle of Thermopayle is too good to pass up on a seven story screen in 12 channel sound.

Yes, a few of us are excited to see "300" in Imax also - a bunch of us are planning to go together as a group to Nashville to see it also.

Planning date and time for that at the meeting Friday.

7. Forgeknight

Forgeknight Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2007
    This might sound odd but since this will be my first meeting how will I know who you are? do we meet in a certain part of the restaurant? Will there be a sign? Are droids welcome? Just a few questions I had....

8. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    We meet as a group in the restaurant, when you come in just ask for where the Star Wars group is seated - a few of us will be wearing Star Wars shirts of some kind - so there's a good clue too.

Kids, Wookies and Ewoks welcome - if you bring your droid - well, Wookies have a habit of ripping their arms out of the sockets.

Then again, pizza and cheese are not the best combo for anyone sporting fur, but since Wookies think with their stomachs - worse things have been known to happen to them in the pursuit of chow.

9. MasterCpatch

MasterCpatch Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2007
    So I really hope that I am doing this right, Never used a forum before. But ya last time we went there we were late and when we walked in they saw our shirts and said, "oh star wars group, right back there." You can't miss them, I am going to be late to the meating though... Have to work sadly so i will arrive either at the end or halfway through. I guess I'll see you guys there though. Tootles

10. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    You did it right!

'Aint technology grand??

Here's where the fun begins.

11. Forgeknight

Forgeknight Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2007
    Sorry I wasnt there tonite. I have had a medical emergency in the family and im out of town. I was looking forward to meeting everyone but it just wasnt meant to be tonite. I look forward to the next get together.

12. Dragonheart65

Dragonheart65 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    I haven't seen any recent posts about upcoming meetings and I hope I haven't missed any. Will there be a meeting in April sometime? If so I look forward to attending! I hope to make it to the Cape Comic Con but I'm getting more hours at River Radio on the weekends so it's tentative for now. Hope to see you all again soon!

13. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey - we are having our next meeting at Ryans in Marion at 6PM THIS FRIDAY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.