main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY MEETING ON THURSDAY

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK8049, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I will not be able to attend this thursday i'm going to St. Louis to visit a local HOOTERS and make sure everything is "up" to par.This will be the 1st meeting I have missed since the fanforce formed way back in "77".I also feel that if I'm not at the meeting then its not really a meeting just a gathering of people who wished I was there.But I will bring up a couple of issues I think deserve our attention and planned to bring up on Thursday.1.Tables.I don't think it would hurt for us to purchase 1 or 2 long tables to have for events and such.There not that expensive and like me would prove a great asset to the organization.2.This is TKYTroopers idea and he gets 100% credit for it.A costume contest at the O.T. in Murray. This will be for audience members only no club members.We might get 1 or 2 slave Leias,maybe a perky Padme(pow pow),Aayla,Aunt Beru, etc.etc. We could get a panel of judges or let the audience decide. Well thats all I got sorry I took your topic PV but at least I got it started for ya. You people dicuss it TK8049 Out.(static burst)

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Well you are right, we do wish you were there. At least you and I will be even with how many meeting misses we have had, which puts Trooper and wife at the top on attendance. I see your point on the tables and I will bring it up to a vote on Thursday. We actually won't need them for the OT event but they could be very useful for future functions. I like the costume contest idea alot. I think we can probably do that. Everyone post thier thoughts on the 2 subjects. pv

3. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    That's it, TK's not going to be there, I'm not going to be there either ;) . [face_liarliar]

4. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Was not aware there was a meeting planned for Thursday.

I will not be able to make it if there is - it is a holy day for us.

5. xxCkinnexx

xxCkinnexx Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Do you think you could reschedule the meeting for wednesday instead?

6. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I think the table idea is a very good and should deffinately go to a vote.

I think the costume idea is a great one. We should give girls in costume free admission or something like that.

What Holy Day is Thursday? Just curious.

7. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    It's the First Day of Unleavened Bread, begins at sunset (Passover as the Jews reckon it). Leviticus 23 lists God's Holy Days in order and how they are to be observed.

Tonight is the Passover for us (memorial of Christ's death - and recommitment of our baptism vows - communion as most folks would understand it). Wednesday night at sunset begins the biblical 7-day festival of unleavened bread; the first and last days being holy convocations - whereby having taken part of the body of Christ, we have purged all leavening from our homes and eat unleavened bread - picturing the putting away of sin from our lives to live a new life in Christ. Wednesday night is a formal dinner - most Jews commemorate the evening with a seder meal tomorrow night, remembering their ancestral bondage of slavery in Egypt and being delivered from it. As a Christian, we commemorate the Passover of Jesus' death and the coming out of the slavery of sin.

So tonight is a memorial observance, and tomorrow at sunset begins a holy day observance, and next Tuesday night at sunset through Wednesday is a holy day observance.

Anyway - that's the short and skinny - I did not intend to turn this thread into a religious expose - but since you asked - I was happy to provide an answer.

8. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    We could move the meeting to early next week therefore allowing me to go to HOOTERS and not miss a meeting.Like a Tuesday or Wednesday.

9. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    What would everyone think of an online meeting? We could be on the forums at 6:30 pm and I will start a meeting thread and bring up several questions and ideas and you all can answer and then present each of your ideas, or something like that. It might be interesting, let me know what you think quickly so we can decide. pv

10. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Sounds interesting, but there's maybe one or two members that don't have computers that I know of, so it's kind of not fair for them.

11. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Yes, but it would just be a planning meeting, and maybe they could go over to another members house that has a computer. I think it might be fun to try, pv, any other thoughts?

12. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Hope the boards are not running slow that night. I know even with my cable modem force.net can be really slow at times.

13. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    A valid point trooper, so, I will invite everyone to a chat on MSN messenger. It only takes a couple minutes to set up and it will be alot faster than the forum. So check your emails. pv

14. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I think the instant messanger idea is the only way to have a productive meeting online. The boards will just be TOO SLOW. We went with MSN IM because there are seveal of us already using it and it works great. You all should have an E-Mail from MSN by PV it will walk you through the steps of settig it up. Everyone try and do this today so you will be set up and ready for the meeting tomorrow. Hope to see you all online soon.

15. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    So--is the meeting on thursday a strictly online one now?? Sorry. I got confused. Actually, not that hard to acheive.

16. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm on a Mac and do not use MSM on my system and do not care to put it on my system. But even so - I would not be available to participate until after 7:30 PM at the earliest anyway.

I guess post some of the decision points on the forum so those of us who cannot make the meeting can read what has been decided.

17. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Interesting concept. I hope it works. Let me know because I will be unable to "attend." Good luck!

18. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    I have sent all of you invites to MSN Messenger so take a minute to set it up if you haven't already. We are still going to have our final planning meeting next Thursday night the 20th at 6:30pm, I will let you know where. Talk to all of you tommorow night. pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.