main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I have been queasy for a long time. :p I hope my doctor calls me back today! The suspense is killing me! [face_laugh]

2. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    oh my word, I sure hope you feel better soon Jaden, get a good medical droid on the case. Seriously, hope it's not too serious.
    weather hampered our efforts to plan to meet. Also met an OLD college friend that evening near Rivergate.
    what is the most centrally located place to meet. I know we're scattered, but I would be up to meet somewhere like a mall or whatever.
    Trivia would be fun, but I think Zepherous would kick my butt. I am not up on many of the novels at all. I must admit I've stuck to the canon until fairly recently, and now still mainly read the ones like Rise of Darth Vader. I know I need to break free....would still welcome some fun tho
    I am traveling end of May and a week in June, and barring any unforeseen problems with my dad will be around.
    End of May we'll be in DIsney, and we'll get to experience SW weekends. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will post pics

JocastaNu3

3. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    I would think one of three or four areas would be central...depending on Nashville fans coming to the meetings:

• Franklin/Cool Springs Area -- Close for Lilie,not far for me, but a drive for Kim and Dan.

• Brentwood/Nolensville -- not far from Lilie, 30-45mins for me, but probably still a long drive for Kim and Dan.

• Murfeesboro -- I'm guessing about 30 minutes from Kim and Dan, but a longer drive for Lilie. Even more for me.

• 100 Oaks Area -- about 30mins for Lilie, 1 hour for me, but probably still a long drive for Kim and Dan.

No problem alternating between them for me. Is there a good/better place to meet between Franklin and the Boro???

Zepherous and ChewieTitan, not sure where you are. The "central meeting point(s)" will shift if either of them are, say, from East Nashville, or North Nashville, and want to meet up. IF I read your posts right, you are closer to mcminville/manchester. My guess us Murfreeseboro would be closer...

4. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    hey,
    the boro is about 30-40 mins, not too far, I live very near 840, so would just hop on that if necessary. and if it's a mall, family could come and do other stuff, or whatever.
    just need to try again
    JocastaNu3

5. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I'm in McMinnville. About 20 mins farther than Kim and Dan would be from any of those places. I would like to meet everyone.
    I really enjoy trivia on the movies at least. I read the novels once and remember the main plot and characters, but not detail trivia. The last time I played officially was at AOTC line-up party and at one point I got 25 answers straight, but still lost overall from an EU question.
    My Saturdays are pretty busy. Have a family member in St. Thomas currently and planning on visiting this Saturday afternoon. If you were thinking about meeting this Saturday, then I might could time my trip to stop by meeting.
    Don't make plans based on that though cause not sure when I'll be leaving.

6. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Oh Lilie, I was picturing you somewhere in the Cool Springs area. But off 840, you'd have a straight shot. {If only 840 was completed between Fairview and Franklin...[face_thinking] }

Other than mowing my lawn on Saturday (which could be "canceled" or get rained out anyway),I could meet everyone this weekend. I will have less time the closer we get to Memorial Day week(end). Anyone want to try for the same time this weekend? 2PM Saturday...just as we planned for last week?

ChewieTitan -- If we were to meet this weekend, what time would work well for you? 2PM was a random time, so we are not stuck to it... It just usually works out well.

7. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I go to M'boro all the time anyways, so it wouldn't bother me.

8. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Sounds like the Boro will work out well. :)

9. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I would love to play trivia. I know the Saga and the EU like the back of my hand. I have read almost every EU novel there is. It would be loads of fun to play trivia for a few hours.

10. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    if y'all meet this Sat, have fun. I will be in Alabama, hopefully last trip for awhile.
    trivia would be fun, maybe will have a chance to think up some goodies while I'm gone for next time
    Jocasta Nu3

11. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Idk what time I would leave. Depends on the weather cause I need to do some painting outside. If it's raining, then I could probably leave for St. Thomas around 1:00 and get to Murf at 2:00. Everyone plan the time best for them and I will try to make it.

12. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    If it is nice, I should do some mowing before I go. 2 or 3PM both work well for me. Not too early or too late for other plans before and/or after. I know Lilie is out, but anyone else?

13. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    I have family going to St Thomas with me so I doubt if I will be able to stop by. They will be anxious to get to the hospital.
    Weather may be a factor again too. It's coming a pretty bad thunderstorm at the moment here. I dread the drive to Nashv if it keeps storming.

14. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Well, it is 12:45 on Sat. In order for me to get there by 2PM, I would have to leave about now. Since I have not gotten word from anyone that will definitely be there, I will consider this meeting postponed/canceled for a little while. No point in driving to meet no one. Perhaps another weekend will work out better.

15. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Another weekend indeed.

It was not that bad in Fairview/Nashville...at the time I wrote the previous. But it picked up quite a lot.

Is everyone okay?

16. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I hope everyone is doing well after that flooding.

17. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Made it back from Alabama midday Sat. Heavy sheets of rain started in Columbia, and had water on I65 and 840. Thank the maker our house was spared. the yards were lakes, the field next to us was a lake,a nd we could see the W Harpeth River behind our neighbors' houses just across the street. We should be thankful it quit raining when it did, or I do think it would've been different indeed. This is too reminiscent of Katrina, nowhere NEAR the damage there, but flooding is so destructive.
    hope all are well and good and dry

18. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    They got rid of Hyperspace?!

19. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    We are going to be in Murf this Saturday for Blackman graduation. We might could leave early and go to BAM if y'all wanted to meet. What's on everyone's agenda? If it's raining, then I won't be working on our house so should have a free day.

20. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Will be in M'boro myself Saturday. Going to see Iron Man 2....again!

21. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I do not have any particular plans on Saturday. So if a meeting were to happen, I can make it.

22. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    We haven't heard from Jaden since the storms. I hope everything is well.

23. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    My brother-in-law had to be rushed back to St Thomas yesterday so I will be going back there Saturday. Probably will have family with me again. I doubt if we could make it to a meeting. Looks like it's could be CV before I get to meet.

Like Zepherous, worried about Jaden too. Maybe the last storm knocked out their Internet.

24. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    They are still working on many of the lines...working out from Nashville...so it might be another few days before they make it out to Jaden. Hopefully, it is just an internet issue and nothing else.

I will just say I am not available this weekend and probably until after Memorial Day week. After that, some will be fine. After summer, they open back up.

25. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I always invisioned the Fan Force to be more.........active... I guess I should say. Nothing really goes on around the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.