main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Sounds cool. I wish I could afford to get more SW stuff, but if something really catches my eye I try to get it. I got the Force Trainer last year. It is fun and good to relax. I want an R2-D2 trash can. :) My fave SW character is Mara Jade, and I am trying to be her in one of the costuming groups. First I have to lose weight and work out and get in shape. But I have the hair and eyes. :p

I hope Ahsoka does not die. I hope the reason she is not seen in ROTS is because she is away and did not fall under the hammer of Order 66. Or she escaped. But besides the fact that she did not exist as a character when ROTS came out :p I hope she survives at least. Then there will be a chance of seeing her in more novels. :D I like reading the novels. They bring such an interesting perspective to the movies.

2. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I talked to Dave Filoni one on one this summer and he said they had a few endings picked out for her. He did say, however, that they may use one of those, or none of those endings. It all depends on the natural progression of her character throughout the series. Dave is such a nice guy. I didn't know what to expect from him, but he was very courteous and took the time to talk with me for awhile. As you all know, I do work for a website devoted to The Clone Wars, and he actually visits the site and reads my work. That was quite the honor. I attended the Clone Wars panel also, and he explained a little more about where the characters are heading. That was the second panel in which I sat near Seth Green. He was a few seats over from me. He is hilarious. I also sat behind him in the George Lucas interview. I talked with him some; he is quite the guy.

3. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Happy New Year!

I pray for God's blessings on everyone and your families. And praise Him for them.

4. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Hi
    Hope all had a wonderful holiday season! We sure did.
    Glad to see everyone posting.
    Got a few SW things for Christmas
    I got a snazzy new R2D2 Droid phone....which I am slowly but surely learning how to operate. Where's 3PO when I need him......
    Got Clone Wars season 2, but no time to watch it. I am going to devote some serious time soon to watching all of seasons 1 and 2, as I 've only caught random episodes, and am also very interested in Ahsoka. I also wonder about her fate....
    got Family Guy trilogy. Had only seen parts of the 1st one. has some hilarious scenes. Some not so much, but a lot of funny stuff.
    that's it. Unpacked some of the POTJ collection from the closet, and that was nice. I love that line
    Oh, please pass on any info on SW in concert. It was so, so AWESOME and worth going to. We actually left our younglings for the first time with a teenaged babysitter to make sure we got to go, had to skip out before the end, which was kinda cool as we got to see all the props and costumes with nobody around, but hearing that incredible music live and seeing how they put the movie scenes with it from all the movies was incredible.
    Hope all had a wonderful holiday

5. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I agree that the concert was just spectacular. We sat pretty close to the stage and had a great view. It was an expensive endeavor (especially for five people) but worth every penny. I will happily pay it again for this great experience. We have been patiently waiting for some information on the upcoming tour. Nothing yet, but keeping check on it every day!

6. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    So excited to see the blu-ray release month today. I was very excited to see them already on pre-order on Amazon! Bought two of The Complete Saga Collection, and am going to get the Prequel and Original trilogy sets. Cannot wait to see how they look in beautiful high definition.

7. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    Happy Hoth Day... Be careful with your tauntaun out in the cold.

8. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Hey all. Sorry I have not posted recently. Dan and I had to make an emergency trip to northeastern Ohio to visit Dan's family. Dan's mother passed away while we were there, but we knew that would happen. We made the trip to see her before she died. She went peacefully in her sleep a day and a half after we arrived and she was totally herself until the end. She had been on dialysis for a long time and was in a lot of pain. She decided to stop treatment and it gave her 2 weeks to spend at home with her family. It was sad, but at the same time, we are all relieved she is no longer suffering and is with her Savior now.

While there, we got snowed in, as you all got it here too. I got to spend time with my 4 nieces and 2 nephews, who I have only met a few times. The youngest, Katie (not my 13-year-old niece Katie, but Dan's sister's daughter) loves SW. Dan calls her "Katie Clone Wars" because she wore her Clone Wars hoodie all the time. She is 5 and dressed as Vader for Halloween last year. Her father is a big SW fan too. So SW IS for girls. :p She totally loves the movies more than TCW, actually.

It was a bittersweet trip but being with the family again was a delight.

Also, I want to toy around, again, with creating a new Nashville FF icon. I also, in the near future, when I get this hernia repaired and am no longer sick, would like to perhaps see about becoming the FF local chapter rep, since we have none. It is not something I am thinking of lightly. I see a real opportunity to organize this group and have meetings again. I may not be the best person for the job, but I will dedicate myself to it and try my best to keep our small group active. But I want to be ready for the job and not let anyone down. I love SW and I love this Fan Force.

Please, if you have any ideas for a new icon, tell me. I have a request to do for someone, then I can start on ideas for a new icon for Nashville, SW-style. And, of course, if anyone else can make icons, please, share ideas. I believe we have to vote on one and then the FF chapter rep presents it to Natalie (NYCitygurl), who is in charge of icons.

Also, if any of you are thinking of maybe being chapter rep, that is cool too. I would like to do it and I think I can do a decent job, but I am not conceited enough to think I *should* be the rep. It is just that we don't really have one.

Anyway, sorry this is so long. Maybe we can talk about having a get-together soon. We can go to Nashville or the Boro or Cool Springs. I would just love to see you all again!

Thanks y'all!

9. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    You still got my vote for our rep.

On the icon, how about more Mid TN idea instead of Nashville since we are so spread out.

10. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I think we need to spend some time getting more people together. There has to be more than 5 Star Wars fans in Tennessee. Then again, maybe not.

11. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks Chewie. And that is a great idea about the icon. Maybe find a map of the Middle Tenn area and superimpose the Rebel and Empire symbols. (My wheels are turning with ideas!) I will try to get some sort of image put together. I am about to watch Superman I with my friend (with deleted scenes!!!!).

Catch you in about 2 hours. :p

EDIT: Zeph...I totally agree. My husband and my friend Sandy are on TF.net but do not post. So that makes 7. :p I think that starting somewhere, having organization and each of us finding people to join us will do a lot to help. Even if we are small, we definitely have enjoyed our past meetings. We just need to grow. We need to get together more. And I am terrible about that because I was so sick last year. But we are a good, friendly FF, even if we are small. There is a lot of potential.

Okay, NOW going to watch Superman. :D

12. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    How about a Holonet unit with a projection of TN in place of a star-chart...?

13. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    That might work. Then fit the words "Nashville FanForce" somewhere on it. I am pretty good at making icons with lettering. In the icon thread, there is one person who does almost strictly Clone Wars icons. He or she takes every episode and makes about 30 icons. Then there are a few of us who do mostly requests and whatever catches our eye. Like the icon I am wearing...it was a request I did for someone for Backlash. I had to make it pretty much from scratch. I like to do that. I like to make icons that involve a lot of work because I am a glutton for punishment. (Actually it is therapy for me.)

Anyway, I will look into this idea. Maybe put a dot where Nashville is? Or something. Sorry I have not gotten to it yet, I just finished my requests and the one I requested for myself of Superman with a lightsaber. I will work on these ASAP and post them here. Still, if anyone has anymore ideas, please let me know.

Thanks Michael. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.