main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Green Bay, WI' started by Alybrylla, Oct 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Would anyone be interested in having an informal real-life meeting sometime in the near future?

2. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Sounds good if you can get a group together.

3. JediMasterLambda

JediMasterLambda Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    When and where, I'll do my best to get there.

4. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    Well, I was thinking we could meet on a weekend sometime at Barnes and Noble, just an informal little get together.

As for when, it depends on when the most people could make it. 3 or 4 of us, at least...

5. VadersClone

VadersClone Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    As long as it's on the weekend, that would be great. I work all night, so the afternoon would be best. 3:00 or 4:00 would be great. But a Saturday if possible.

6. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Sounds good. I need you to tell me where the Barnes and Noble is located since I'm from out of town but I would come. Is it in a mall or somewhere we could sit and talk like a food court or restaurant? Keep me posted. Any week is good except Nov. 15-17, that is Filmcon in Madison. Is anyone coming to that?

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'd be happy to post on the FF main page when you have a date. Things don't need to be formal to be a first meeting to officialdom. It can be something as simple as Green Bay SW fans chatting about the lost 23 minutes at B&N.

8. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    One, thing we need to discuss before anything goes official is a name for ourselves, any suggestions?

9. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    It is easier to do it in person and once you meet. You are a long way from needing it. They won't let you have a name until you are official. Tell Bobafemme the details so you can make a step toward officialdom.

10. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    How are all of you for the 9th or 10th of November?

If we get at least 3 of us confirmed, I'll PM bobafemme with the details unless someone else would like to. :)

Mara - it's not actually in a mall, but it's right across the street from one. :)

11. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    It doesn't matter. We just found it easier to meet somewhere that if we hung around for a while, they weren't annoyed. The first meeting of the Milwookiee Council adjourned to the food court at the Grand Avenue and noone cared that we put like ten tables together. Someone needs to tell me where this store or mall is exactly because I don't come to Green Bay much. I am willing to come and meet all of you. The 9th or 10th is good for me.

12. Leila

Leila Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 1999
    Either the 9th or 10th would be okay for me too.

Isn't B&N right behind Bay Park Square? I'm not really sure as I'm from out of town.

13. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    9th shouldbe good, I may have to play for band that afternoon but I'm not sure. The 10th is out of the question for me, sorry!

B&N is adjacent to Bay Park Square, off Onida street.

14. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    If someone can look up an address, I can do mapblast. Otherwise I will be wandering around lost in Green Bay. I think that is worse than Lost in Yonkers.

15. VadersClone

Apr 13, 2002
    The 9th is good for me, as far as where B&N is, just get on Oneida street, you can't miss it. Here's the address 2498 S. Oneida St. Oneida street runs between Lambeau Feild and the Resch Center(the new arena). Take Lombardi exit off of 41, when you pass the stadium, Oneida St. is the next right. Take it south a couple of miles and B&N will be on your right hand side.

later,

16. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Thank you Vadersclone. You are a man of action. See you there when you decide on the time. I hope I don't have to work the night before. Nah! I could probably sleep a little in the afternoon.

17. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    If you would like it posted to FF main, or counted as an official, please PM me the following info:

Where, with the street address
    When date and time
    If someone would like to be the contact, or I will link them to the boards.

Just so you are aware, not all FF are super-structured. Don't feel you need a pres, vp, outreach director, etc. It can just be four people who get together for SW fun. You will have to have a CR to be official as a contact person.

18. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I'm being torn. The Milwookiee Council is going to AOTC on the 9th. What to do, what to do? I'll see if my son will come and let him make a decision.

19. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    It sounds as if our day is November 9, time...

How's 3:00 PM sound?

20. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    If I can make it. 3 is fine.

21. Alybrylla

Jun 12, 2002
    3 sounds good to me. :)

Now, how should we find each other, and who would like to be the contact?
    Should we meet in the music section or something?

22. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    I think it would be more appropriate to meet by the Star Wars section but it doesn't really matter to me.

23. JediMasterLambda

Oct 1, 2002
    Wait, now that I think about I can't make it the 9th. Any way we can boost it forward a week, to the 18th???

Sorry for any inconvienences.

24. VadersClone

Apr 13, 2002
    Seems as if a couple people have conflicts, find a date that is okay with everyone, just as long as it's a Saturday afternoon, I am good. Since there doesn't seem to be that many of us, I would like everyone to make it.
    later...

25. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    The 18th is a Monday and Saturday, the 16th I will be at Filmcon. If you pick another Saturday or Sunday, it would be better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.