main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MegaCon...

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Let me be the first to say that I had an absolute blast! You know it's a good day when you start off commanding Rogue Squadron ;) And shaking Lani Tupu's (Farscape) hand! But wait! What about the lightsaber that David Prowse signed!!! :D *Hugs Jayna* OMG, I am still waaaaaaaaay to giddy!!! *Hugs Karma* Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! So who wants to take a road trip next weekend??? ;)

2. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Glad you had a good time! I had a blast, but my feet are killing me today.
    I got a kiss from Darth Vader (Mr. Prowse). Funny things is, since I was dressed as Padme, I was actually smooching my former husband. hee hee!
  3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I know I had a blasty good time yesterday. For some reason, though, I'm really sore today. Perhaps it was trucking around trying to find the car afterwards. ;)

I'm going back next year. Hopefully by then, we'll have a huge group to go with us and celebrate our birthday. I think since that was our third meeting, we count as official now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAYTONA FF!!!

:D

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hehe, the Legend of the Lost Parking Garage Jedi ;) My feet were hurting last night so I took a nice warm shower and it's all good now, although I felt compelled to put on my black karate uniform, throw TPM in the DVD player and wear my saber around :p Glad my roommate wasn't home yet :D

5. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I just went home and slept. It was so nice. As fun as that was, it really wore me out somehow. Maybe I was just tired to begin with.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well commanding a bunch of Rebel transports can tire a girl out, Colonel or not! Then of course being in the presence of THE Dark Lord of the Sith can have a... draining effect on someone ;) *rubs lightsaber with an evil grin*

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I didn't do much in the way of commanding them since they all moved as one unit, but carrying around all of their cards might have done it! There was a ton of those things!

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    LOL, yeah. That was funny. Don't cut yourself short, you did have two fighter squadrons. And Admiral Smurf was stressing me out from across the board.

Edit: Have you gotten any word yet from Brightstar???

9. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    No, but I have yet to get in touch with her either. I'll pm her and let her know that our meeting was a success.

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Good stuff!! 'Happy birthday FF!!' :D

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, I have some sad news.

I guess Minacia Brightstar had computer problems this weekend and did not receive my pm about our meeting Saturday- meaning she was unable to post it on the FF website so it can't count as our third. :_|

Well, I don't know about you guys, but official or not, I think I will still consider the MegaCon our birthday. It's just too cool! We need to get together again soon, though, so it won't be too terribly inaccurate.

How about a short meeting this Thursday like we did last week?

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I don't care, I had such a great time I agree, the official birthday of the DB FF will be MegaCon! And this Thursday sounds frelling great. I have 2 tests that day and will need to chill with some friends afterwards. Karma doesn't get off until 5, so do we want to do it in the afternoon or at night?

13. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I got my office hours switched, so I'll be there. Keep me posted.

14. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    How's 6pm sound?

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds good. Where at? Flight Deck is always a good place. I'll make sure to bring the club packet.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I would also like to take the time before bed to nominate Jayna as our City Rep :) When I finally did stumble out of the chaos that is the Fan Film section into here, she was the only one that was active enough to respond to my posts and get a dialouge going. She motivated me to help set things in motion for the Riddle club, so without her undying devotion I don't think there would be anyone left in the Daytona Beach Fan Force. :)

17. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Thank you, Q99! I'd be more than happy to take on the position if you all will have me. Just one more thing to discuss at the meeting!

18. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    She has my vote too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.