main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Members photos and web site updates.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Ughh!!! I knew I needed more light for the members pics.

They turned out fuzzy and a little dark. So, I f/x'd them a bit. They look good enough for members pages for now. But, AJ, yours came out too fuzzy to fix. Must have been the lack of hair. ;) If you can send me a head shot, including your brother, I would appreciate it. Also, DeadPool, I need one from you as well. Or, I will just go with a shot of Chewies butt. Both the same if you ask me. ;) Now, as for backgrounds, if I can swing it, I will place everyone in a star wars background instead of a brick wall.

I am working on the web site now.

It is the hour of our need. To all who are up for the task. I need pictures anyone who has the software and knowledge to do some good f/x pics. Anything having to do with the Star Wars universe. Anyone familiar with Flash and Dreamweaver is welcomed. Like I told Tainted Jedi on the trip home, last night (thanks for not puking in my sister's car BTW) ;) I am going to set up a web page called "Member's Art Gallery" Set up to show case all SVRF member's art work.

Now, as for the banner, I will turn this into a competition. This is your chance to become the creater of the new SVRF banner, for the revamped web site. The winner will recieve a Star Wars Unleashed Figure, and a LDV built Light Saber. ;)

With that said, here are the specifications and rules...

The banner demensions have to be 950 pixels wide, and 200 pixels in height. It should depict X-Wings, and other vehicles that the Rebel Alliance has. A pic the state capital in it would be nice or any other Sacramento landmark would do. Something that shows where we are from. If not, it's ok. If you need a copy of the new SVRF logo, lemme know. I will send you a copy of it. I spoke last night, how it would be nice to have a pic of a hanger bay with x-wings, y-wings, a-wings in it and star flying passed outside the hanger bay, with an occasionnal x-wing and y-wing flying by, but that takes Flash and I relize not everyone has Flash. No problem.

The judges will be Tionne, our CR from the JC, and two charter members of the SVRF. DeadPool, and myself. Remember sitting outside that first day Dead? ;) After the banners are done, I will post them all and have a poll for everyone to cast their votes, but it will be up to the judges to make the final decision. (Dang, American Idol.) Anway, the contest starts from right now, and will end Friday. I want to get the revamped web site up ASAP.

Remember, and Star Wars Unleased figure and LDV built Light Saber is on the line. Remember, the deadline is Friday night, 11:50PM. ;) Good luck!

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Anyone is elligeable for the banner. Including Satspeeder.

Get ready for the PM of the questions for your member's page.

Shasa, could you email me the pics you sent so I can post them on the web site? Thanks

3. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I hope by anyone you mean "Only members of the SVRF." I don't want none of those San Fran folks stealing my thunder...

:p

By the way I'm SO entering.

*starts Photoshop*

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Nope just SVRF members only. Get cracking everyone!!!!

5. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Heh heh heh... you said crack.

:p

6. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Sweeeeet I get to be Simon and LDV your Paula all the way. (anyone who's heard him sing "Straight Up" knows this to be true.)

7. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Pictures sent!

Can't wait to see the banners... I don't have photoshop.. so I'll just vote! :D

Tionne.... did you get that message? My Wal-Mart still has a few pairs of boots like mine. Clearanced for 7 dollars.. I got my daughter a pair. The smallest is a size 6. Let me know if you want me to pick up a pair for you.

8. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Hmmm, this could be a fun way of occupying my time. Dinner and a movie night really worked my body though. I doubt I'll be spending a lot of time in front of the computer.

Anyway, I have Photoshop, so send me the SVRF logo and I"ll tinker some.

Also, as promised, LDV, here is the link to the skywalker Journeys website that my good friend, anakin_girl started:

PEACE OUT!

Skywalker Journey

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Glad to see everyone is getting involved.

Dead no one else in my mind but you as Simon. Nawww I am more like Jackson. Tionne is Paula. Jackson is the guy that can kick Simon's a$$ in a heart beat. :D

KR, PM me your email addy, and I will send you the logo.

looking forward to all the cool banners!

10. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    The logo is the Rebel/Empire logo being sliced in half, right?

11. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Ooo, those boots sound tempting....very tempting. But since I already have mine I'll probably decline.

Question! Do the judges get a LDV saber? :D
    Just know that I'm gonna be more critical than Simon, so those banners better be able to hold a tune, stay on pitch and have some thythm, guys! ;)

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Heh heh heh we will see Tionne. ;)

Yes Joe, the logo is the Imperial seal sliced in half with rebel logo behind it.

EDIT: Also, I will be PM'ing everyone with members page questions very soon. I will need your answers as soon as you can get them to me.

Joe, do you still have that link to the web site for the movie, through google?

13. SatSpeedster

SatSpeedster Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2003
    This sounds like fun, thanks for letting me play too!

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok, everyone is getting a PM of questions for your members page. Answer them as soon as you can please.

Thanks

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Signed, sealed, and delivered.

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Thanks for the quick responses so far.

I must say (sigh) Dead's are just as I figured. ;) LOL

17. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I forgot one line in my hobbies.

Making Fun of LDV.

18. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Dont forget the parenthesis deadpoop after that last line...

(And not being very good at it)

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    LOL

TJ is coming right along eh DeadPoop? ;) LOL

Sheeeshhh, some of the answers I am getting! Are you sure you people are allowed out on the street...alone...without medication!!?? ;)

20. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    So when are you going to respond to my PM's, LDV?

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I told you this was the asylum.

*comes around with the cart of little plastic cups with pills* Candy time boys!!!

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    TJ, when I am working the web site, I usually don't have my IM's on. And when I do IM it's on yahoo. I will PM you my Yahoo IM.

23. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Thuper, LDV!

*snatches cup from Tionne*

Ooohhh! Skittles!

24. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    NO WONDER I never catch you online. You switched to Yahoo.

And I thought you were avoiding me. :(

25. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    "And I thought you were avoiding me"

...nah to easy.

New kids coming up. making some plays, I do think it's funny that it's Deadpool vs Everyone. perhaps I'll bring the new kid into darkness and bind him to the darkside. We need more Sith up in here yo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.