main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Memorial Service for Chanel Update

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hi all,
    First I'd like to thank everyone here for their out pouring of support, love, and generousity. I know Chanel is loving all this attention right now looking down on us as part of the Force. I have news from her friends helping to handle the arrangments that the projected day of Wednesday will not be happened for the funeral service. More likely the earliest day it will be is on saturday. However, that may depend on whether they perform a full autopsy so it maybe pushed back later than that. I will inform all of Chanel's friends in other clubs as well as here as soon as I get further information. Thank you all.

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Thanks, man. Rest assured, whenever the funeral date is, I will make some time out that day to think about her. And I'm sure that I will not be alone.

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Sudden thought and inspiration has struck me, and if it's allowed, I may actually be able to go to this.

4. Hand-Schaub

Hand-Schaub Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    No matter where I' m at or what I'm doing - I will remember and honor her life. She is a special girl - more so than any other! Her life is not short just remembered!!

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I am going to try to be there if I have to beg, borrow, or steal the money to do it.

6. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    I'll rob a bank if I have to, I'll be there somehow. Nothing can stop me this time.

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Depending on the autopsy results, we are shooting for this Sunday afternoon (Nov. 2), but everything depends on the autopsy and on her mom's wishes. So please be patient, and we will let everyone know when, where, etc. ASAP!

8. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Nov 2nd is Sunday. Saturday is the 1st.

Either way, it is coincidentally Dia de los Muertos, the Mexican Day of the dead.

http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/muertos.html

9. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Yes that would fall on Dia del los Muertos, so let's celebrate like they do on that day. While she may be put in her final resting place, let's celebrate the life and being of Chanel.

10. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    So it's Sunday, the 2nd at Duggans?

What time?

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    We're still trying for Sunday. As for Duggan's we're still in negotiations between two places.

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I've talked to some friends of Chanel's and most agree that in lieu of flowers, people can contribute to the funeral expenses and/or Angelica's fund. But I know some of you would like to bring flowers. her favorites: Hibiscus, and plumeria (which are often made into leis, which she loved). So, I think she'd like to have people wear leis to the service!

13. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Alex had the idea of people attendig in costume.

Any thoughts?

14. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I think Chanel would have liked that... she loved costumes. Although I think Eva should and will have the final say on that call...

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I like the idea of wearing leis. I've been wearing the lei Chanel made for me since I first heard of her condition. Right now I have it wrapped around my computer monitor, and my screensaver on my computer is a collage of Chanel pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.