main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Midnight Toys

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Here is what we have lined up.

Bob is going to call WalMart, 90/Fort

I have WalMart, 180/Center

Kurt has WalMart, Bellevue

Jeff is calling all Kay Bee's.

Hopefull out of those 6 we can find someplace to gather. If somebody else trys a place, post it here and let us know. We will announce our destination by 7 pm tonight. Bob, Kurt and Jeff, I have pm'd you with my number again. Just leave a message when you find anything out. See you all tonight, somewhere!

2. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    STORMTROOPER REPORT: 08:23 CDT

Here's the scoop about the Bellevue Wal-Mart. A man who presumably failed the Imperial Academy's "Customer Service 101" course told me they are selling the toys "after midnight". When I replied, "...so at midnight we may purchase the toys?" He said, "AFTER midnight."

It is my feeling that we forget about visiting Admiral Prik's Wal-Mart and consider a more accomodating establishment.

</Stormtrooper report>

3. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I just got off the phone and NONE of the Kay-Bees in Omaha are opening tonight at midnight. They all stressed that they are opening at 8am tomorrow morning to sell the toys. It's looking like we'll have pick our favorite Wal-Mart and do our shopping there. I went ahead and took tomorrow off anyway, so if anyone else is game, how about we go somewhere, and have breakfast before the 8am sale? [Homer Simpson] MMMMMMM..... pancakes!!!!! [/Homer Simppson]

4. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    I basicly got the same response as Kurt at the 90th Walmart. I talked to an assistant manager, and they said the toys would be available for purchase after midnight. He said anything attempted to be purchased before midnight will be blocked at the register. See ya!

boB

5. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    OFFICIAL REPORT!!!

I just got off the phone and we've found a store that not only knows customer service, but realizes the revenue potential of opening their doors at Midnight!

Wal-Mart
    5417 N 103rd Street
    Omaha, NE

Cedrick, the store manager said that he'd be happy to accomodate Star Wars fans. Please show your appreciation and join us at this Midnight Madness sale at Wal-Mart!

Doug Walker of WOWT Channel 6 will be filming us before and during the event. If you have a costume or want to be interviewed, e-Mail me at goetzinger@primalconcepts.com for my address. Doug will meet us at 6:00 tonight for a pre-sale interview. Then we meet tonight at 11:30 p.m. at Wal-Mart.

6. MORPH4278

MORPH4278 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    This might not be anything to help you guys but...I live in Florida and my wife works at a Wal-mart.She spoke to a toy dept manager and this person said that a rep was coming at 11pm to set up a display but the toys would not be sold until 12am.

7. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Kurt, email sent. Where is that Wal-Mart at? Is that the one on Fort st., by I-80? Hey, wanna make the interview interesting? Let's go get Sarah and stick her on camera!! :D :D :D

8. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    Sarah is NOT allowed near my house NOR my son!

It's at 102nd & Fort Streets

9. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Wal-mart, or your house? :D

10. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    What? *innocent look to Kurt*

SHUT UP JEFF!

11. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I was at the Walmart in LaVista and it was fun. I got the few items that I wanted and met a lot of other Star Wars fans. The staff was very nice to us as they wheeled several shopping carts of action figures towards us when the clock struck the proper time. The set up for the SW section was still going on when we arrived there to check it out, but they were very patient with us. I even saw one of the WalMart exclusive Snowspeeders with the Luke and Dak figures, although I decided to pass on it considering how cheesy it looked.

As far as rare figures in the assortment, they seem to be mainly some of the alien Jedi characters. Kit Fisto (green tenticled head Jedi, a twilek perhaps?) was somewhat common though, there were pleanty of Anikans, Obi-Wans, Jango Fetts, R-2D2s and C-3POs. Jedi Starfighters and Slave Ones were very common. I was surprised not to see any clone troopers in the mix. Apparently there is a clone trooper officer or NCO in the deluxe figures, but he didn't seem to be in the assortments at Wal-Mart.

I saw a couple guys snag one of everything, but most tended to pick and chose just what they wanted (like me). Everyone was pretty polite to each other too and I don't recall anyone trying to hoarde rare figures.

As for me, I came away with the following:

2 Jango Fetts (one to open, one to keep boxed, although it will probably be a very common figure. So I may give the boxed one to a friend).

1 Obi-Wan hanging from a droid (pilot for the Jedi Starfighter)

1 Jedi Starfighter, a very cool toy

1 Anakin's lightsaber, which is an even cooler toy and well sized. I'm already practicing Jedi moves for impromptu saber fights at C2.

My bill for the night was about $60, which is reasonable and I got pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.