main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Minorities will get the short end of the stick, as long as politicians exist

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by StickyFingaz, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    You tell them AJA. That should shut them up once and for all. Good job.

2. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I just wish i could figure out for sure why some people want to keep making a big deal over race.

It's all about politics. The Democratic Party has lost every major policy argument it's had with the Republicans in the last 50 years. Their views have been proven wrong, they have no constructive policies to offer, so all they've got left in their bag of tricks is to attack.

If you notice, their argument for why you should elect them is always so they can "protect" you from somebody. In order for them to do that, they have to divide people up based on some group attribute, ascribe evil intentions to anyone who doesn't share that attribute, and then present themselves as your protector- even though they invariably fall into the same category as the people they're supposedly protecting you from- i.e. rich, white, elitist, priveleged snobs who've had their butts wiped for them since the day they were born.

It's a scam.

If there were no racism, they'd be out of business, because most minorities don't agree with any of their other policies. Therefore, if there is no significant racial discrimination going on, they have to create the illusion of it in order to justify their own existence.

Witness the non-stop coverage of this one incident of alleged police brutality in CA. They are literally hoping to re-create the Rodney King incident that happened 10 years ago. They're hoping to see riots agin. Why? Because then they'll have something to justify themselves. It's as sick as anything you'll ever see.

3. cydonia

cydonia Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 6, 2001
    Yes, i'm a bigot aja. :p

It's called sarcasm. ;) I'm a white male.
    just like my comment about the cabinet and advisors being all white, which your photo link disproves. ;)

Anyway why do we even care about skin color anymore? When do we start caring about content of character?

Edit- they also have to make sure whatever perceived problems affecting minorities are never "solved", because once these perceived problems are gone, so are their political careers. That's the difference between the right and the left in my opinion, the right wants people to look after themselves and be allowed to do their own thing. The left wants to smother you with love and make you dependant on that love.

4. xian-me

xian-me Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2002
    You know what the difference between a white man and a black man is?

Less than 0.01% of their DNA. Their melanin is just different, basically.

AJA is right. If you've read any of my other posts, it all boils down to the degradation of politics and the corruption/complacancy of politicians. They need a good blaster shot to the butt.

5. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    It's the Democratic Party and the media.

6. xian-me

xian-me Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2002
    It's every party, and none are exempt. If all parties were to stick to their original, true selves, I would most liekly being a conservative. But they blur the lines. I'm not a conspiracy nut, this is just from watching on the sidelines.

There are only two things I can think of: A total renovating and inpouring of fresh blood for all parties involved,

or a council being put together, totally objective, so that solutions where EVERYONE wins something can be established.

I really do wish.

7. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    And just another thing. The fact that Congress is full of rich white protestant males means nothing. They still are pretty much just as ideologicaly diverse as the general public.

8. xian-me

xian-me Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2002
    The fact that the congress is filled with those types of people means, basically, that those types of people are running for office. So I suggest we get off our duffs and run for office, eh?

9. DarthBeer

DarthBeer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2002
    "the whole world sucks, we just suck less"
    that is all

10. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    No, it really is the Democratic Party and the media. Both of them need to have people in conflict to sustain themselves.

11. xian-me

xian-me Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2002
    As does the republican party, the flaming liberals, the radicals..

We all need our martyrs to the cause. The system is decaying from within, and none really hold dear to the standards they promote.

12. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    If you say so.

13. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    This is the "it's both sides of the aisle" argument i suppose. I'm more right wing, but you're going to have a hard time convincing me that republicans make sure problems don't go away just so they can come to the rescue over and over again. It's a ridiculous idea, and kind of sad since the democrats basically swear by it, perhaps even subconciously.

Anyway apparently i'm still the real bigot. Oh well.

14. Darth_SnowDog

Darth_SnowDog Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Yeah cydonia, you make me sick.

:p

15. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    Well, at least i still have that. ;)

16. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    My apologies. With some of the things I've seen people say, sometimes it's hard to make the distinction.

17. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    No problem. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.