main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Missing Home

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Well it's been almost 1 month. I've been in Manitoba since the 3rd of April and I'm starting to go nuts.

We are so spoiled living in the GTA, and it's a bit of a shock to come to a province like Manitoba. To put it in some perspective...Winnipeg is about the size of Missisauga, and the 2nd and 3rd largest cities are 2 and 8 hours away. Unlike the GTA where it is just one huge city after another from Oshawa to Niagara Falls.

This week we go even further into nowhere land. Lynn Lake is 4.5 hours north of Thompson on a highway that looks like a dirt path.

AHHHHH how cam people live like this. ;) Nothing to do but drink and fish. I don't drink and I don't fish. No theaters, Future Shops, or Best Buys within 9 hours drive. LOL

2. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    Wow, that's a long time for your employer to expect you to be away from home!
    Hope you get to come back soon and catch up with everybody; maybe have another one of those fun home theatre nights...(or some other activity)

--Lynda

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Puts everything into perspective eh! :)

Glad you are keeping up with the good doctor and smallville while away though ;)

4. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Sounds like Parry Sound. And I thought Welland had a lot of Mullets! :eek:

5. _Superman_

_Superman_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    Not so many "mullets" as we do "shags"

6. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    so true

7. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    Wow Chris! That's tough living. Nothing within 9 hours?! I can't even think of anything that would compare to. (I guess that's me just taking my life in Southern Ontario for granted.)
    I guess it's not too long until you're back here though.

(EDIT: So I'm watching a video online of Lynn Lake. I am now beginning to see that you were tellling the truth about there only being drinking and fishing. Wow!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.