main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending September the First

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Liz Skywalker, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Modsquad Update For The Week Ending September the First

I. Hello, welcome back, see you soon! (Plus forum switching)

2. After spending time getting reacquainted with the so-called "real world", Sturm Antilles has returned as Literature mod. It was soon discovered that GriffZ and jedi-mind-trick had always thought his name was "Strum", thus proving once again that your local neighborhood mods can't read. :p

3. MegaJediRafa has been made a Fan Force RSA. He'll be watching over the Latin America region, which was previously moderated by Son of the Suns. Congratulations! :D

4. Padme Bra went on vacation. :(

5. GriffZ regrettably announced he would be temporarily stepping down, citing reasons of inexplicable moose sightings near his uncle's emu farm.
  6. :_|

7. DarthSapient announced that he would be dropping the AOTC forum from the list of forums he actively moderates and would be adding SW Misc to the aforementioned list. The mods to forums list has been updated to show this change.

8. And for those who missed it last week, Lobot_Omy has been re-promoted to moderator. Welcome back! :)

9. II. False Accusations

10. Flaming is not allowed over Private Message, and neither is lying about someone flaming you over PM. Doing so will result in a ban.

11. III. Census Tournaments

12. Son of the Suns proposed the addition of Tournaments into the Census forum. He posted the following as an example of a Tournament for those of us who didn't understand what he was getting at:

Tournament Starter - Round 1: Bracket 1: Jar Jar vs. Sebulba

First Poster: I gotta go with Sebulba
    Second Poster: Sebulba

//a few hours pass and everyone has voted for Seb//

Tournament Starter: Sebulba wins 10-0. Next matchup...

to which Mace Windy declared that he would "vote for Jar Jar, if for no other reason, just out of sympathy!" The first Census Tournament has begun and can be found here.

13. IV. Boo-hoo

14. We at the JC Modsquad are readying ourselves for Halloween. Prepare to be scared!

15. V. Icons Galore!

16. As you may or may not have noticed, many, many, many more icons were just uploaded. Many thanks to Grilled-Sarlacc who ran everything, Carter-TFN who uploaded the icons, and Son of the Suns who configured the icons within the JC Forums menu, and of course to all the icons makers themselves. Congrats, guys, you did a great job! :)

17. VI. September Eleventh, Two Thousand and Two

18. We're currently talking over ideas on what to do or what not to do in the way of official threads and whatnot. If you have an idea, PM a mod or an AC member for inclusion in the discussion.

19. VII. The State of Your Jedi Council Community

20. Discussion o
  22. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Good Job Liz. Thanks. :)

23. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Very good job Liz, and GriffZ.

Sorry to hear about the moose sightings, GriffZ. :( Have a good rest.

:eek: There is a Shakespearian Misquote of the Week this week. I am happy.

Also, thanks for all of the cool new icons. :D

24. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

thank you for the update :)

25. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Nice update, Liz. It's good to see the YJCC reform policy coming along.

26. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    thank you. :)

27. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "GriffZ regrettably announced he would be temporarily stepping down, citing reasons of inexplicable moose sightings near his uncle's emu farm"

:_|

[image=http://www.wstpc.org/States/AK/moose.jpg]

28. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I was hoping for a Beatles misquote. I mean, "Shakespeare?" Come on. That just sounds made up.

29. DimensionX

DimensionX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Hey, nice update :) :cool:

30. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    We're currently talking over ideas on what to do or what not to do in the way of official threads and whatnot. If you have an idea, PM a mod or an AC member for inclusion in the discussion.

Edit: Let's not turn this thread into 9/11 debate. As stated above, please PM a mod or AC member for discussion possibilities.

31. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I don't see how this what needs to be discussed, I think we need one official memorial thread for grivences and what not.

That's one of the things in discussion. Should we have an official thread, should it be just in the JCC or in other forums, what about other related threads, etc.

What can't happen is any discussion resulting from any 9/11 thread that portrays Anti-American sentiments,

[face_plain] Something like that is *not* in discussion. People are allowed to be anti-American all they want. The rules of flaming still apply and, as you see from the update, we're also talking about insensitivity rules. But we're not going to make a rule that everyone has to be pro-American.

32. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    //sigh// Okay, All that I am saying is that on such a fragile day I would like to ask everyone to hold on to their anti-american feelings because it will most likely result in flaming.

But we're not going to make a rule that everyone has to be pro-American.

Noone needs to be pro-american, I'm just saying that 9/11 is not the right day to engage in anti/pro-american debates related to the tradgedys in NYC, Washington D.C., and Pennsylvania.

33. SameSithDifferentDay

SameSithDifferentDay Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    Mmm... Fresh bone.

34. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Yeah just keep AT_60 away from those threads to avoid what happened last year.........

[face_plain]

35. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    geez guys, let's try and let past mistakes from people stay as past mistakes, and not throw them back in their faces at every chance we get. we're only human.

thanks for the update liz :) and i'm glad to see that the AC is being included in discussion about the JCC

36. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    lol @ point 7 w/ "OZK".

Rick McCallum loves you!

37. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Thanks for the update. :)

38. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    geez guys, let's try and let past mistakes from people stay as past mistakes, and not throw them back in their faces at every chance we get. we're only human.

I know, I never bring it up, but it was something that I had to get off my chest. When you do something like that it's hard to forgive and forget. I'm sure he's humbled and sorry, but that still doesn't take away the fact that he did it.

There I've said my peace, I'll talk no more on the matter.

39. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Thanks Liz.

40. dark42

dark42 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Good update, too bad to see GriffZ gone for some time.

41. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    God speed, GriffZ! Hopefully, you'll show them moose whose boss.
    Oh, and good job on the update.

DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

42. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    *misses griff already*

perhaps these comments on 9/11 stuff should be taken to the senate for further discussion. :D

43. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    • birthday threads

Not a problem IMO. They sink off the page in a day or so and are a pretty cool thing to brighten peoples days.

• "post plateau" threads

Wasn't it decided that they would be limited to 5,000 post intervals? 5,000 and 10,000 and if you post enough 15,000?

• the multitude of relationship threads

Ya, they are getting annoying. Go find some dating board. I don't think it would hurt, infact it might help people to get to know eachother better if one of these popped up every month+ or so, but there does seem to be one every day. But as far as having one giant thread I think it would make it so that people who do actually have an intresting story wouldn't have their post noticed. I think people need to take little fluff advice, elsewhere.

• leaving/back threads

I'm not sure where you would draw a line, but I'm thinking if anyone is just gonna be gone for a 3 day weekend/comes back from it, it dosent deserve a thread. If I was leaving for two months it wouldn't deserve a thread, but if a well-established popular (someone who would be missed) member such as Dushoni or Nut were leaving for two months they should be allowed a thread. Oh, and if anyone is going on a mission to Ireland for 2 years, they're allowed to post a thread :p.

• posting with the intent to derail a conversation

Hi-jacking? Isn't that already illegal? I on't see how that is reform it's already illegal and if it isn't it should be.

• insensitive posts in 'death of a person' or a 'tragic event' threads

If someone dies or there is a tradgedy and you wanna say something un-called for or un-senstive just keep your trap closed because someone is gonna be upset by what you say.

• a possible reformation on the policy of
      anniversary threads

Yearly I thought? Sounds good.

• "+1" posting & "beat the lock"

Someone wants to post something that is spam or of the sort that is definitley gonna be locked I don't see why they shouldn't have to suffer the "oh so horrible and defaming" +1. [face_plain] :p

44. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Thanks for the update Liz! :)

JMA

45. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Great job on the update, Liz. :)

Hopefully GriffZ can come back soon... :(

Shelby

Thread Status: