main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mojave Desert FanForce Events and Advertising Details

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Well, today as I told some of you, I was having a Garage Sale with my family. It was in this time that I thought it best to go through the phone book and figure which places I need to call to clarify the ideas that I and many of our gracious staff have thrown down as ideas for future events and meetings.

Although I never got to calling anyone at that moment, I figured, I'd make a sign advertising us, and allowing those intersted to sign a sheet of paper :D , leaving their E-mail address and possible name.

However, that didn't work out too well, and I didn't get any signatures, yet alot of rev, to go out and complete the task before me as the Meeting & Events Coordinator, Region Liaison for our FF. ;)

So, I called the Park & Recreational Coordinators and left a message for them to call me back concerning a possible cost for Lyon's park if any!

then, I called Comins +(Plus), to see if they would allow us to hang signs on their store windows. They refused to hang the signs/flyers, however said that they would hand them out if placed on their store counters :) .

And finally I checked up on Gold Strike Lanes as last night we discussed a posible Bowling night with Inland Empire and any other close FF. And Gold Strike said that once we get the required info, as to what time we need the alley and the building, plus the times and how many may attend they could make a deal with us! :D

Also, I am currently trying to see if I can find a place which I can talk to about price ranges for a cool [b]MDFF[/b] banner for our events and meetings! To draw attention to us!

is this good news or what? [face_silly]

2. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    That is great to hear! Some work you've been doing with advertising, and a garage sale, what fun! :D

3. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yep! ;) Its all cool!

4. Jedi_Blues

Jedi_Blues Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    How about flyers at VVC? I saw an Anime Club flyer a few months back, so the bulletin board(s) aren't narrowed down to just class promotion. Just a thought.

5. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  6. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah VVC classes are starting in about a week or so. That should be good advertising. The Comics+ idea was good.

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I could look into seeing how much it would cost to have our flysers within the Daily Press newspaper. I will do that right away! :D

8. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  9. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah go ahead and see what they think of the idea. And Victor Bowl is worth the price I guess.

10. TheOmen

TheOmen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
  11. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    We must also keep in mind that Gold Strike is remolding, and depending upon the time of this event, we may not only have a cheaper bowling alley, but a nice place to hang out! ;)

I also gathered the info that I told you I would.

[b]1.)[/b] the park in which we had been talking about as a place to hold a big California FF meeting/event, would cost exactly 75.00's for the entire day, and would need to be requested atleast two weeks in advance. [face_grin]

[b]2.)[/b] The Daily Press gave me an estimate on both loose flyer advertisements and advertisements placed onto the paper themselves.

Here is the Non-Profit Organazation rates:

[b]Advertisements Prinited into the paper[/b]
    [ul][li]Buisness Card- Sunday: $80.00, Weekday: $60.00[/li]

[li]2x3- Sunday: $120.00, Weekday: $99.00[/li]

[li]2x4- Sunday: $160.00, Weekday: $132.00[/li][/ul]
    [b]Loose Flyer Ads[/b]
    [ul][li]Full Circulation if we provide the ad at the general amount given (5,000 ads): $220.20[/li]

[li]Full Circulation if they provided the ads at the general amount given (5,000 ads): $1,798.00[/li][/ul]

We may also request a certian page we wish for our ad to be placed within. [face_wink]

[b]3.)[/b] Also, I looked further into the design of a banner for our [b]FF[/b].

It appears that the total cost is determined by square foot and colours used.

Here are the prices he gave:
    [ul][li]Per Square foot- $5.00 (without full colour backgrounds)[/li]

[li]Per Square Foot (with alot of colours)- $7.00[/li]

[li]([b]EXAMPLE GIVEN:[/b] 3x10= 30 feet- $150.00 [face_shocked] )[/li][/ul]
    [b]4.)[/b] and finally I have looked more into the ad cost for internet ad space [face_wink] at [link=http://www.worldpages.com]WorldPages.com[/link].
    [hr]
    Also, how has our Logo been coming along? [face_confused]

13. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  14. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Will do! 8-}

I may just check up on that sometime during tommorrow. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.