main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Monthly Events/Meetings

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jedi_Noghri, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    I?m posting this because there have been some really great ideas for monthly events/meetings that various people have come up with in the past but as time goes by they unfortunately get forgotten and don't get used or reused even though everyone had a great time or would have had a great time. If you have any ideas for a possible event/meeting, please feel free post them here. Any ideas are welcome, whether they are for a particular season or you think it will cost too much money for everyone, or even if it is something that you heard of that another group did or will do. As new ideas are brought forth, I?ll add them to the list. The main point of this thread will be so that we can have a list of events to choose from if we can?t decide on anything to do in the coming months. Also, lets add events that we have done or even tried in the past. There have been many very fun events that I?ve gone to and I?m sure there were some great events before I joined the group. To start off, I?ll just list a few I can think of. I should also point out that charitable events and stuff where we can help out the community in any way are always highly encouraged and are fun and fulfilling.

Event/Meeting List:

Movie night
    Game night
    Meeting in a park to play games and socialize
    Drive-in Theater
    Halloween party
    Dinner
    Festival of Trees
    Laser Tag
    Costumed Mini Golf (costumed anything)
    Birthday parties
    Sledding or Ice-skating
    Bowling
    Barbecue
    Blood drive
    Costume Workshop
    Go up a canyon and Roast hot dogs and marsh mellows
    Customizing action figures

Many events require a location to be supplied by one of the members so if you?re up for it sometimes, let us know and we?ll come party at your place. We all promise to clean up after ourselves and be nice to your pets.

If you can think of anything at all, please, please, please post it here. Thanks.

2. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    May I suggest a collaboration with the 501st? These are extremely successful in other regions and I think they'd be so fun and successful here as well with our first every droid hunt. The Alpine Garrison has a very full calendar this year and our next event is the safe kids fair in SLC this month for two days. Please feel free to check out the events thread in our forums. You all are cordially invited to join us anytime! If there's anything we can do to enhance the Fan Force experience please do let us know! :)

3. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Glad to hear it. We'll have to take you up on the offer.

Feel free to come to our monthly meetings anytime you want because there's an open invitation to the Alpine Garrison members. Especially if we were maybe thinking of doing costumed laser tag sometime soon. Nothing beats laser tagging stormtroopers. (and Jango Fett :D ) I think it would be a fun joint activity. Everyone should come to our monthly events even if they're not a member of the Salt Lake City FanForce... yet [face_devil]

(Maybe I should post that invitation in the Garrison boards so they actually know that there is an open invitation) Thoughts? opinions?

4. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Never hurts to spread the word :)

I'd say post it in the General section so that the garrison membership doesn't confuse it with a 501st event (trust me, it would happen!)

5. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Oooh, laser tag! That sounds like fun! I'm usually available Saturdays. Weekdays are hard for me but I usually break away if the occasion merits it. Looking forward to your post on the AG boards. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.