main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba's Very Own Harry Potter Thread!!! Spoilers exist, please use caution. [UPDATE -HBP]

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Mar 24, 2004.

1. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    The books would be cool. My best friend bought me Hermione's wand for Christmas and it was so cool.

I saw the contest on Mugglenet. I have been racking my brain and I can't come up with a good question. I am determined to think of one by Friday, though.

2. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Get them Harry's special edition book...escape from Neverland Ranch..

3. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I always wondered if Dubledore and McGongall were an item... I know werid

4. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Heres some thinking for ya:

okey dokey... question - and sorry if it has been brought up before but - I just started GOF again and something popped into my head:

When Volde went to kill Harry and he instead put some of himself in Harry and then the curse reflected back onto Volde which should of killed him but it didn't. And part of Harry went into him right? Harry get a jolt of pain thru his scar whenever Volde kills or is extremely outraged (i think i am remembering correctly)... If Harry dies does that mean that Volde looses that part of himself that kept him alive for so long? And make him weak enough to be killed by another wizard?

I mean if Harrys mother love kept Harry alive could that been part of what kept Volde from being absoltuly killed outright? That the love actually kept Volde alive long enough to come into power. That the part of the love shield that failed and gave Harry the scar was the part of him that went to Volde?

Am I making any sense?

I was also wondering, if Volde dies does that mean that Harry will loose the scar and any powers he received from Volde - like Parseltongue?

5. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Total sense. Alot of this gets cleared up at the end of GOF. Here is my take. At the end of GOF, Dumbledore has a smile of satisfaction (I think that was how jo said it) any way, Volde is now fully human from Harry's blood, OK so now he can be killed (the blood of my enemy will give me flesh -- I can't remember exact quotes).

So when Harry was a baby, the curse bounced off Harry from his mother's love. In the process bits of eachother was transferred. Since Harry lived at the Dursleys, blood family, the love protection still kept Volde away. OK...so we know harry is safe at the Dursley's and at Hogwarts.

Now other times, that is when people started freaking, like in POA. If Harry died, a part of Volde's soul would die and since Harry would be dead, Volde could not become flesh again and not be killed. So Volde would end up causing trouble on earth forever since he could not die, just live in hell, as a mere shell, memory, whatever, of his human self.

Plus, it would make for a piss-poor ending to the series if Harry died.

6. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah it would... maybe he will die and then come back?

And I just realized something - Harry is a pureblood. In Goblet of FIre the hat states that Slytherin only takes purebloods and the hat did want to put him there...

7. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I'm not 100% sure that Harry is a pureblood. We don't know enough about his mom's family. Petunia doesn't have any magical powers, but she could be a squib. Additionally, when Lily's letter from Hogwarts came, Petunia said the family was excited to have a witch in the family.

My thoughts on the whole Slytherin thing was the fact part of Volde was in Harry and the sorting hat was sensing his presence and the fact Harry could speak Parseltounge. Since Volde was a Slytherin, it only seems logical that the hat would want him in there. But....Volde wasn't a pureblood either, but he could speak Parseltounge, hence, was Slytherin's heir...leading up to the whole COS deal.

8. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    from what i understand and heard is that we will learn more about Lily in this next book.

9. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Sweet! They keep going on about how Harry has Lily's eyes...why is it such a big deal???? Are they magically green or something???

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    probably, i remember hearing that the colour of her eyes were very important somehow and then there is the hint that she was really good at charms.

11. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Yeah, i remember that, but it is making me crazy not knowing the signifcance of it all. I know JK won't let us down, but it is like waiting for ROTS. It is making me nuts!!!

12. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah, same here... been checking everyday to see if our books have shipped yet, I need to call them and make sure they get sent early - they are suppose to but sometimes they like to mess with us

13. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I'm not too concerned with my book since I will be out of town, but you bet your sweet @$$ that I am going to be in line somewhere in Scotland buying my book.

14. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah! no, I ordered mine thru our work one of our distributors has them

15. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    there is a link on mugglenet to the article on the guy who is being tried for trying to sell the stolen copy of HBP, supposibly it says who dies in the next book in the article. Should I read it?

16. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
  17. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I don't know I think I have to look now I mean its there, right bloody there. I promise not to say anything?

I downloaded the countdown box to my desktop... only 18 days, 9 hours and 53 minutes left to go!

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Dont read it!!! it could ruin the book for ya.

19. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i guess it depends... I cried a lot in Order but when Sirius died I didn't react at all when it happened and I had no clue.

18 days! 9 hours! and 33 minutes to go!

20. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Don't read it. I indavertently read it from a news site. I was pissed. I read a ROTS spoiler that way too. Stupid cnn.com.

21. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    already read it but i knew about that one already so not spoiled again... 17 days!!!

22. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I know which one as well, but I don't think it's him. I read another spoiler that had someone else that I think is a possability.

23. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    almost tempted to ask... almost. yeah i thought about it and realized it could of all been a scam to increase the odds on some of the other characters. make the least likely odds low enough and you earn money the other way... but alas no more betting there

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    16 days!
    7 hours!
    and 7 minutes left to go!!!!!!

25. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    14 days! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't know how much longer I can wait