main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba's Very Own Harry Potter Thread!!! Spoilers exist, please use caution. [UPDATE -HBP]

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Mar 24, 2004.

1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    wasn't surprised either... I was more surprised at people being shocked by the news. I was listening to mugglenets podcast the other night and they discussed this (it was recorded before th eannouncement) and 2 of the guys were saying that it will ruin the film if it has a PG13 rating...

2. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    What irks me, if it wasn't a PG-13 rating and they left in the death at the end
    parents would be in an uproar as well. I'm glad it's PG-13. If nothing else there
    won't be a bunch of screaming little ones in the theater.

3. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    one can only hope but I doubt it, maybe at a midnight showing?

4. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    I really don't think there will be too many little ones there, even on the morning
    it opens. Most of them should be in school. :)

5. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    one can only hope... I just found out that I am heading back to Hothlanta in November, not sure of the dates yet but I can only hope that I will be back in time, if not then I will be watching the movie all by lonesome in woodstock

6. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
  7. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    HOLY CRAP!!! I just saw some new footage from the GOF movie (off mugglenet.com) The movie looks like it is going to be very cool. I can't wait!

8. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i am gonna watch it when i get home. I have heard some amazing things! I heard the ending is really creepy! great now I have goodbumps!

9. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Prepare to be stunned. The only spoiler free thing I am going to keep is Ralph Feinnes as Voldemort. I am dying to see what he looks like, but I want to be shocked.

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I hope they don't show him at all, that would be a great thing! just keep him a secret, show nothing of him until we see the movie.

11. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I have some great visuals of what he may look like, but I am not setting any expectations.

12. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    same here... I am just hoping they don't leak pics because then I will be tempted. Like the final duel in ROTS I didn't want to see it and they kept leaking bits of it, so frigging annoying.

And yeah, I have my thoughts to all I know if that he looks really creepy from the review I read, written by an adult.

13. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I was good with ROTS kept it to the teaser trailer before the movie. GOF I am tempted, but I will resist the urge to look at Volde.

14. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I downloaded the teaser for GOF and watch it on an almost daily basis - man, that is really sad isn't it? I want to see a trailer on the big screen though, I mean how much longer do we have to wait...

15. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I saw the teaser with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I was stoked now this new footage is out. Need to see that on the big screen.

16. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    johnny scares me in that movie...

btw, i listened to HBP the other day and even more sure that ol'dumbley is gone from us.

17. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    **If you haven't read Half Blood Prince yet, this is a spoiler. Hurry up and read the darn book already**

Oh, yeah, Dumbledore is a gonner. Never to return. Dead. Period. The more I think about it, Snape did it because of the unbreakable promise to Malfoy's mom and he is valuable to the Order of the Phoenix, so if he died, there would be no spy.

I still think Harry's scar is the Gryffindor Horcrux.

18. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    no need for spoiler warnings at this time - there has been a spoiler warning in the title of the thread since the thread was started, as someone PMd me about when the book came out.

i am unsure about his scar being a horocrux... i can't think of why it does sit well with me...

19. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    holy crap! I just watched the french full trailer! The music they played was chiilling, i had goosebumps and tears! I think this is gonna be a damned fing good movie! probably one of the best of the year. Can definatly see from the trailer that its no longer your kids film... damn... so missing work for this

btw - its at mugglenet if you want to download it.

20. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    I saw the French trailer too and you're right Varza, it's awesome!
    I can't wait for November 18th.

21. darth_of_nm

darth_of_nm Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Some thoughts on HBP so consider this your spoiler warning.

I don't think Harry can be a horcrux because

#1: Voldemort can't reside within Harry without enduring unbearable agony in the process, so how could a peice of his soul survive in Harry?.

#2: Harry became a Gryffendor 10 years later when he was sorted. He wouldn't have been the Gryffender at the time, also he was trying to kill Harry to break his soul make a 7th horcrux, when harry didn't die how could the horcrux have been created?

Snape killed Dumbledore because Dumbledore begged him to do it. (I suspect because his withered hand was the soul from the ring and it was killing him already)

I think R.A.B. was Serius's brother Regulas Black. And thats why the Death Eaters killed him.

All have more later but time at the libary is runnin out...

22. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i think RAB is 2 people...

23. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    just so you know that the first full screen movie trailer for GOF will be starting next week with Corpse Bride... karenec, I have a feeling you are extra happy right now

24. HomerWanKenobi

HomerWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2005
    Dumbledore's not dead! I think Snape did a non-verbal spell to make it appear so....He can't be dead!

25. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I'm sorry. But, he is. He's got to be. I think he had Snape help him pull an Obi-Wan type of thing.