main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    i got Robot Jox on DVD and OH MAH GAWD ive been lookin for that thing for years! Crash and Brun!

2. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    So Robin Hood: Men In Tights is on DVD, but the only way you can get it is in the $65 Mel Brooks Collection DVD pack.
    It would be toatally worth it if I didn't already have half of the set on DVD...

Oh well, maybe no one will buy it, and they'll release it seperatly. One can wish.

3. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    or go halvsies with someone whats all in the set?

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    How, and why did you find that movie?

5. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    I own the Bring It On Collectors Edition.

6. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    dude Robot Jox RULES! but no Tubie will ever be grater than Achilles

7. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I have Ice Pirates on DVD.

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I can't handle the mechandising for CARS, Pirates 2 and Superman all at the same time. It's insame. There's like a hundred Sperman toys in the stores, but they all feature superman :confused: Kryptonite supes, super strengh supes, bad breath supes, flying supes. And Cars is everywhere. I see add for high speed internet. They were on an envelope from State Farm insurance! THey didn't even have a clever tag line, just "Like a good neighbor. ." and then a picture of the busted up towtruck?

9. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    the break up was pretty good

and Venture Bros DVD RULES!

10. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    If you haven't seen cars yet, make sure to stay through the credits.

11. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I loved Cars! I laughed, I cried. I don't even care too much about cars but this movie was a lot more than just automobiles. It had a lot of heart mix in with comedy. Oh yeah you are going to want to stay through the credits.

12. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    [image=http://www.aintitcool.com/pics/tf-teaser.jpg]

a bit squashed, click for the real deal, it's more than meets the eye

13. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh I can't wait for that movie! I have so many Transformers from when I was a kid. Unlike my SW collection of vintage stuff that was stolen from me, I still have all my Transformers. I can't wait.

14. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I rented Nightwatch last night...you know, the Russian horror movie...I'll let you know how it is.

15. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    mmmmm venture bros dvd chocked full o goodness

16. Sith_Hunter

Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    Action (with great dramatic stories): Aside from the SW trilogy, Tombstone and Braveheart just rock! Can't get enough of 'em.

Female comedic: Bring it On is hilarious, but I will say Mean Girls is sneaking up on Bring it On's top spot.

Drama: JFK, Shindler's List and The Insider. Those are all incredible!

That's enough for now.

17. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Female Comedies: Drop Dead Gorgeous > All others

18. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Friday was my unintentional, OC night...

Haircut at South Coast Plaza...dinner at The Lab in Costa Mesa, followed by heading down to UCI to see A Scanner Darkly, sci-fi flick set in Orange County. My wife and I were commenting on how "so OC" we were on the way home from the film.

A Scanner Darkly was amazing. As usual, the thematic elements from most Philip K. Dick stories are there, paranoia, questioning of reality, a solitary man with an addiction, seperated from family/loved ones...outstanding performances from Woody Harrelson, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Best Supporting nomination for Robert Downey Jr....of course, acting like a drug-addled freak probably wouldn't be that much of a stretch for the guy.

Great movie...except it kind of drags, the film only starts picking up the plot untill the final act, but it's mostly fun watching every one act like dope fiends, revel in the kooky animation style, and spot the OC landmarks (Tustin Marketplace and Buena Park are seen prominently) in the mean time. I recommend this one, folks.

19. falcon_prime

falcon_prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    I know that Superman is know completly over done (as you said James) but I have kinda gotten into the hero again... I am having a very hard time finding Superman III and IV. I know that they were not the best films... But I have a thing for finishing a collection. I have Superman one and two... just need the others. I know I am weird... but I had to get Batman and Robin for the same reasons.

20. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Aren't they releasing a new edit of Superman II soon?

21. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    they are pretending that superman III and IV never happened and the new film is after II

22. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004

keanu reeves and that kind of animation makes me punch babies

23. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I saw Nacho Libre and it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. Jack is much funnier in High Fidelity or Saving Silverman.

24. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Don't forget School of Rock...

Rented Pride & Prejudice, which was thoroughly engrossing, and the cinematography was spectacular. Any shot in the film was framed just like a painting from the 19th Century.

I also watched The Matador. I like how Pierce Brosnan flips off the James Bond franchise by playing a drunk, inept, and washed up assassin/secret agent. I have a lot of respect for Brosnan for that and he remains one of my favorite Bonds. The storyline had a lot of undeveloped themes to it, like the general idea was there, just not fleshed out on screen. The viewer is asked the huge favor of suspending their disbelief the entire movie that Brosnan and Greg Kinnear are friends, in order to avoid spoiling the "twist" ending...it also had some weird, indie-film touches, like Wes Anderson-inspired text on the screen, and other stuff. I kinda liked it.

Maybe I'll see if Lady in the Water is playing somewhere close and cheap. Until then, I am in desperate need of coffee...

25. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I saw boondock saints and that is pretty good. You can't beat a guy getting smashed with a toilet thrown from the 5th floor of a building.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.