main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Movie Trailers

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthZemog, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey all,

So many cool looking movies headed our way this summer with Captain America, Thor and Cowboys vs Aliens among the top spots, I thought how about a trailer thread so we can all check them out and be in the know! Its simple, seen a cool trailer for a movie that looks good, then post the link here for all to checkout!

Anyway, I'll kick it off with some of the ones I'm excited about. First up, Cowboys vs Aliens, MUST SEE MOVIE for me!!!

Cowboys vs Aliens

Next on my list, THOR!!!
    THOR

First Avenger: Captain America!! Its only the teaser, but looks good!
    Captain America

And the rest, Green Lantern, Transformers 3, Cars 2, Super 8 and X-men First Class (not sure about this one though)!

Green Lantern
    Transformers 3
    Cars 2
    Super 8
    X-Men First Class

There you go for starters!
    ~DZ

2. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    This one also looks way cool, though,....confusing plot-wise....but, giant Ancient Samurais with Gatling guns, Dragons attacking helicopters mixed in WWI, and hot, ass kicking girls,....I'm totally in! :D

I give you Suckerpunch!!!

Suckerpunch trailer #1

Suckerpunch trailer #2

Release date is March 25th!

~DZ

3. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Really looking forward to Suckerpunch! The first time I saw the trailer I thought it was a BioShock film.

Vos

4. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to Suckerpunch too, its looks pretty awesome!

Got a new trailer for THOR, shows a lot more of the movie and Natalie Portman too! Have at Thee!!!

THOR Trailer

~DZ

5. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Got another batch of trailers for everyone to checkout.

The big news here this time, 2011 is the return of THUNDERCATS to TV!!! Oh Hell Yeah, Thundercats HOOOOOOOO!!!!! I saw this today and I was like, yes please! All the principals are here and if you're a Thundercats nerd like me you will even notice Grune the Destroyer shows up too!!! Can't find an exact release date, but I will be standing by my Cartoon Network shows for more info, and hopefully there will be something at Wonder Con! THUNDERCATS!!!

March 4th Take Me Home Tonight hits, looks hella funny! How could it not be, its got Dan Fogler in it, thats right the Hutch Touch for all you "Fanboys"! Seriously, how can you not go see a movie that has an awesome Eddie Money song for its title?! Take Me Home Tonight

Continuing Hollywood's continued roll out of Aliens come down and kick our asses, here is the first trailer for Battlefield Los Angeles, set to be released on 3/11/11. I'll check it out, looks like a good popcorn movie. Battlefield Los Angeles

We also have Monsters as another entry into that genre too. Why do Aliens just hate us?! Monsters

First teaser for the Hangover 2, not much to it, but the Mike Tyson tattoo on Ed Helms face is already hella funny! Look for that to drop on Memorial Day. The Hangover 2

One that's got my attention and looks pretty cool is Priest with Paul Bettany and Maggie Q! Future Vampires vrs knife wielding, motorcycle riding, ass kicking priests and a guy that looks like Cad Bane! May 3rd for that one.Priest

I love Amanda Seyfried, from Mean Girls, to Veronica Mars to Jennifer's Body and especially Chloe, but don't know if I can goes see this "Twilightish" take on the little red riding hood tale. This one drops next month: Red Riding Hood

Guillermo Del Toro's (Hellboy) new flick, Don't be Afraid of the Dark. Looks like a messed up take on Labyrinth, but with evil scary little creatures instead of dancing singing muppets! Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Last one that's already out, I am Number Four. Not sure about this one, if anyone has seen it, post up a review. So far looks like a Netflix rental. I Am Number Four

Oh yeah, Suckerpunch is going to Imax on March 25th! Anyone down for a group outing to see it on the really big screen?!

~DZ

6. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Got a couple of new trailers for you all!

First up is the official trailer for Captain America! Tommy Lee Jones as the Army's head of the super soldier recruitment along with Hugo Weaving's reveal of the Red Skull. Notice also the mention of "Mr. Stark" as a lab assistant during the experiment to give Steve his powers, and Nick Fury's Howling Commandos along side of Capt while in the suit!

Captain America Trailer 1

Newxt up is Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page in "Super". Looks like a Kick-Ass copy with more comedy bits, but doesn't look too bad.

Super!

Later,
    DZ

7. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    New trailer for X-Men First Class, shows a lot more stuff in it plotwise as well as some more footage of Havok in action, Banshee flying and Hank turning into the Beast. I really want to like this movie, but I am so leery about another X-Men movie after the crapfest Wolverine movie, especially since the trailers made that one look like it was going to be good.

X-Men First Class X-tended Trailer

~DZ

8. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    I can't wait for First Class. And Captain America. I'm still on the fence about Thor, but am looking forward to seeing it anyway.

We need to plan some SVRF movie dates!

9. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Got a new extended trailer for Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon. Shows lots of fighting, explosions and descrutions, along with Fracis McDormand?! I can't tell you what the plot of this one is, and I'm sure it wont win any awards, but I'm sure I will see it!

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

I am psyched for Thor, its doing great at rotten tomatoes 93% critics rating! For a comicbook movie that is awesome! Considering Wolverine got a 37% critics review and Sucker Punch got 22%.

~DZ

10. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Can I say I LOVE LOVE LOVED First Class? There were some things about it that annoyed me...Angel being the most obvious annoyance of the film...but I feel like Prof X and Magneto were awesome, and the movie did a really great job laying the groundwork. Did anyone else see it yet?

11. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    It created so many problems trying to set itself up as a prequel to the existing films, and it was dramatically hurt by being forced to use "unknown" mutants that really strays from the cannon and history of the property... I think Penny Arcade said it best.

[image=http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-T6tRJ79/0/L/i-T6tRJ79-L.jpg]

Bacon, McAvoy, and Fassbender were all phenomenal. Some of the other stuff with Beast, Mystique and even Darwin was good. But I think it didn't do as much as it could have with the cold war setting, and as I mentioned before, it contradicts and causes so many problems/questions with the other movies... Havok (who was Scott's younger brother in the comics) is now his elder brother. If Scott/Cyclops was 30 in the first movie (1999), and we assume Havok is like 18 in First Class (1962), that'd mean Havok/Alex would be
    55 by then... um... no? And how could Storm be a little girl in 1962? She sure as hell doesn't look 45 in 1999. Mystique actually has a good explanation for her not aging, and I really liked how they tied her and Beast together... as well as Shaw/Kevin Bacon and Magneto. Some very clever ideas and weaving of story/plot, but alot of blunders. Also, if Magneto and Charles find Jean Grey while they're working together (as established in X3), where was she during the events of First Class?

It was better then Wolverine, and probably on par with Last Stand... but that's cause Last Stand had Kelsey Grammar as Beast. Otherwise I guess it's better then it. But still... wishing for more from them, and now not sure where this leaves the franchise.

-TJ

12. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm with you Tara, I really enjoyed First Class too!! My fav was Banshee (always thought he was always underrated in the Comics), and Jennifer Lawrence was "X-cellent" as Mystique! And how about the little kid from that movie "About a Boy" as Hank/Beast, wow did he grow up!

Anyway, I thought the whole movie was well done and unlike TJ, I have given up on them trying to stick to the whole X-continuity, so the holes in the X-verse like Havok now being older than Cyc don't bother me too much. I mean if you want to get down too it, the first X-Men movie really shot that horse in the face when they used Cyc, Jean and Storm as the "starting lineup". I mean any X-Men fan worth him X-gene can tell you it was Cyc, Iceman, Angel (the REAL one), Beast and then Jean. Anyway, I noticed that Bryan Singer was a producer to this one, so I feel they at least tried to get back to the X-Continuity better than say X3 and obviously Wolverine. Being a HUGE X-Men fan for years, I can appreciate something like this where they try at least to stick to the history of the comics, rather than in X3 where they get "creative" with it or in Wolverine where they just say screw it with the comics history altogether! Thumbs up for First Class!

I also just read a mini comic for Super 8 that is being put into every Flashpoint comic out now and that ones got my interest, but probably wont see it until after Green Lantern which I am totally psyched about! C'mon, Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) as Abin Sur, that's awesome!

~DZ

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm not against them being creative, mind you - I thought Nightcrawler, Deathstrike, Mystique, Striker... all those characters from X-2 were less "main characters" but in Singer's control they were made into interesting additions that played with the lore. I really dig that. I just wish that if they were going to take a prequel movie and arguably make it about Charles' and Erik's relationship (which they should and did succeed at) over anyone else, then the "background" characters should be more iconic and recognizable ones...

And I don't have a problem switching birth orders for brothers, but really... can you reasonably explain how Storm could cameo in First Class or how the closely related Scott and Alex are now like a generation or more apart? :p

14. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Marric and I went to see it again. :D

I really love it. Yes, the continuity is bad and the minor character mutants are weak...but I can really overlook all of that for the awesomeness of Professor X and Magneto. The scene where Magneto is able to pull up the sub at the end makes me all teary eyed :-B...some of the exposition between the two is just fantastic...and I feel like the characterization that you do get in the movie is worthy and interesting.

Now, if they'd just make a rom-com about Scott and Jean, my life would be complete. :p Of course, I am soooo kidding about the rom-com part...but a good dramatic X-Men love story I would be all about. [face_love]

BTW...the Penny Arcade makes me guffaw every time I reread it. Love it.

15. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Like I said, I think the core of the movie - Charles and Erik - is strong, and all three actors (Bacon, Fassbender, McAvoy) are incredibly competent. The scene where Charles tells Erik that he sees more then evil inside of him got me. I would not be against seeing it again, and will buy it when it comes out, I just feel like it's lacking because of the great performances of those actors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.